Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Races start in two weeks!!!!

When are you all doing your last long training run?

My last training simulation (5/11-12) should be this weekend, but I have a massive court-ordered work deadline on Monday, and I'm bridesmaiding this weekend...so I'll be doing that on Tuesday/Wednesday next week. Will probably then just do a few more 45 minute runs leading up to the races.

My current plan for before the 10k race:
Today - 5k
Saturday - 6-7mile run
Tuesday- 5k
Thursday - 5k
Saturday - 4-5miles
Monday - 30 minutes
Wednesday - 30 minutes
Saturday - Race day!

Does this make sense or is it too much (Or not enough?)
Sounds fine to me, if that's about what you've been doing! I'm doing the challenge and my next couple weeks look like this:
Today: 4 mi
Sat: 5mi
Sun: 11-12 mi
Tue:4 mi
Thu: 4 mi
Sat 6 mi (that's my year-round minimum "long run day" mileage)
Mon: 3mi
Wed: 2 mi

Sorry - I'm new to all of this. Is the process for entering the bib number the same for people who have AP provided PhotoPass?
Yep, just type in the code.

You guys!! I tried intervals today for the first time on my 4 mile run, and it was the best I've run since I started training. I did 90 seconds run 30 seconds walk. I felt great by the end, when I usually feel pretty tired. And I was consistently FASTER than I was previously. My didn't-believe-it-would-work husband couldn't believe it (he ran it with me, and also noticed a difference). I'm going to give that interval a try this Sunday on a 12 mile run, might have to adjust it a bit.

Also! Can anyone tell me where to download the waiver? I haven't seen anything from runDisney in my inbox, and I'de like to know my bib number.

Thanks! Can't wait to see you all!

You guys!! I tried intervals today for the first time on my 4 mile run, and it was the best I've run since I started training. I did 90 seconds run 30 seconds walk. I felt great by the end, when I usually feel pretty tired. And I was consistently FASTER than I was previously. My didn't-believe-it-would-work husband couldn't believe it (he ran it with me, and also noticed a difference). I'm going to give that interval a try this Sunday on a 12 mile run, might have to adjust it a bit.

Also! Can anyone tell me where to download the waiver? I haven't seen anything from runDisney in my inbox, and I'de like to know my bib number.

Thanks! Can't wait to see you all!

Of course I just found the waiver download in the event guide in my email. I guess I didn't ::really:: read it the other day.

We'll be doing parks Monday to Saturday, so yes, I'm going to be hurting...o_O
I had a similar timeframe for the 2012 Wine & Dine Half. That experience of normal park time on feet for days leading up to the race (although I did take the day of the night race very easy, but still in the parks), wound up becoming the springboard to multi race challenges and eventually Dopey as part of my first marathon.

I had a similar timeframe for the 2012 Wine & Dine Half. That experience of normal park time on feet for days leading up to the race (although I did take the day of the night race very easy, but still in the parks), wound up becoming the springboard to multi race challenges and eventually Dopey as part of my first marathon.

When I ran Dopey, I took the opposite approach - no park time until after the races. I also didn't have my kids with me, so I could lounge by the pool and bar hop. So this will be my first time merging a family vacation with a runDisney challenge. We'll see how it goes!

Btw, I recently informed my family how early in the morning we have to wake up for the 5K - the look on their faces was priceless!! :laughing:

Did any DVC members see this?

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...CMP=EMC-240617116&cid=PDM66818&bid=1426706444

I am sure many of us running the races will be there on 4/10. I am scratching my head at the $225 price tag for what seems to amount to a 2 1/2 meet and greet with some hors d'oeuvres. What am I missing here? Is this just Disney being ridiculous believing people will pay any price for any event with the word “galactic” in it? Or is there something special occurring that is not listed but makes the price more justified?

Did any DVC members see this?

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...CMP=EMC-240617116&cid=PDM66818&bid=1426706444

I am sure many of us running the races will be there on 4/10. I am scratching my head at the $225 price tag for what seems to amount to a 2 1/2 meet and greet with some hors d'oeuvres. What am I missing here? Is this just Disney being ridiculous believing people will pay any price for any event with the word “galactic” in it? Or is there something special occurring that is not listed but makes the price more justified?
WOW that is pricey. They had better have Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill available for photo ops at that price.

Late to the party here, but my last long run will be Sun. I'm doing a back to back simulation Sat and Sun but haven't for sure settled on the distances. I'm thinking I will repeat the 3 and 11 miles. I ran a half 3 weeks ago so not super stressed about reaching/exceeding the 13.1. After that, planning the Galloway suggested schedule until race day which will amount the mostly 3 milers with maybe a 4 miler thrown in.

Late to the party here, but my last long run will be Sun. I'm doing a back to back simulation Sat and Sun but haven't for sure settled on the distances. I'm thinking I will repeat the 3 and 11 miles. I ran a half 3 weeks ago so not super stressed about reaching/exceeding the 13.1. After that, planning the Galloway suggested schedule until race day which will amount the mostly 3 milers with maybe a 4 miler thrown in.

That is where I am as well. I ran a half a couple of weekends ago and am feeling pretty good. This will be my first challenge, but I think I can bounce back fine. My biggest concern is oversleeping as we have an after hours at HS and a dinner at V&A before the 10k and half. I'm sure I'll be fine but it will worry me until I'm at the corrals. I'm going to keep doing small runs though as it's impossible for me not get get outside now that the weather is nice after the brutal winter we went through.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to eat the night before the half? We'll be arriving Saturday morning. I want to have energy (eat more than a salad), but don't want to feel sluggish (eat 10 churros... well, after the race will be fine).

Anyone have any suggestions on where to eat the night before the half? We'll be arriving Saturday morning. I want to have energy (eat more than a salad), but don't want to feel sluggish (eat 10 churros... well, after the race will be fine).
No specific place I'd recommend, just to eat something as close as possible to what you've been eating in training before long runs. For me, that's a good mix of lean protein and complex carbs, so I'll probably aim for a chicken or turkey sandwich.

I highly recommend avoiding salads the night before a half marathon or marathon. The consequences can be urgent and unfortunate...

No specific place I'd recommend, just to eat something as close as possible to what you've been eating in training before long runs. For me, that's a good mix of lean protein and complex carbs, so I'll probably aim for a chicken or turkey sandwich.
Good call on the sandwich! I'm so used to indulging while in Disney, it's going to be hard to contain myself. And get to sleep at a reasonable hour.

I highly recommend avoiding salads the night before a half marathon or marathon. The consequences can be urgent and unfortunate...

Ha! I didn't even think about that. Noted!

I won't make a specific suggestion for the meal (as my go to food is nachos in fake Mexico, and that does NOT work for a lot of people), but I do have a suggestion on timing.

I've found that a big meal the night before doesn't work so great for such an early start for the half, so DW and I have a somewhat bigger late lunch and smaller meal/snack at dinner. The morning comes early and we like to give our systems enough time to settle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter