Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Q for you and @michigandergirl : when you say “Chewie costume”, are we talking full on fur or a brown running outfit? :chewy:

Fur in a race sounds like advanced level costuming.

No advanced level costuming for me, lol! I was thinking more of a brown outfit with maybe some sort of fur element? I have seen some cute tanks & skirts on Etsy.

While making costume consideration, just remember that it's very likely to be quite warm here in FL for SWRR. Holding it a bit earlier in April for 2019 might help keep the temps down a touch, but generally, April in center FL is akin to summer everywhere else. Expect overnight lows in the mid- to high-60s, afternoon highs 80ish, strong sun, and aaaaallllll the humidity.

While making costume consideration, just remember that it's very likely to be quite warm here in FL for SWRR. Holding it a bit earlier in April for 2019 might help keep the temps down a touch, but generally, April in center FL is akin to summer everywhere else. Expect overnight lows in the mid- to high-60s, afternoon highs 80ish, strong sun, and aaaaallllll the humidity.
Yeah, I bought a pair of sparkly silver and sparkly brown (yes, sparkly brown can be a thing) JoyLab tights on clearance at Target with this race in mind. Where else can you wear sparkly brown anything? But they are full length and not light weight so I don’t know what I’ll do with them. The silver can be used for a jingle run costume sometime maybe!

Reactions: maw

Q for you and @michigandergirl : when you say “Chewie costume”, are we talking full on fur or a brown running outfit? :chewy:

Fur in a race sounds like advanced level costuming.
I got a tank top for her from ebay, a t shirt to wear under it because it's going to be huge. And a sparkle athletic skirt and brown sparkly sweaty band. No fur, I think that would drive her nuts and I would end up carrying it for 3 miles.

You should have seen poor "Santa's" look when she was trying to explain it to him. Then he started telling her how he used to run 5ks before he hurt his knee, and they had a very nice talk about running :)

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but does anyone have an idea on when the medals will be released?

@LikelyLynae registered me for the half as my Christmas present!! :banana:

But how do I get the registration to show up in my runDisney account? I can’t access the registration email as it is my work address and I don’t go back till Wednesday. Do I have to wait till I can access the email? Help, lol!

But how do I get the registration to show up in my runDisney account? I can’t access the registration email as it is my work address and I don’t go back till Wednesday. Do I have to wait till I can access the email? Help, lol!
Yay! It’s official now (almost)! I don’t have an answer to your question just expressing excitement.

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but does anyone have an idea on when the medals will be released?

I am expecting them to be out at the marathon weekend expo - maybe not, but with the races not sold out yet that would be a great opportunity to try to convince more rD fans to come back for SW!

You have to email them if you want to claim it to your account. It's under FAQs

"If someone else initially registered me, how can I start managing my own registration?

You will need to have the individual who paid for the registration send an email (and cc: second registrant who wants to manage their own registration) to runDisney@disneysports.com giving permission to unlink the registrations. Please include the specific event category and participant information in the email. You will be notified by email when the transfer is complete or if there are any questions regarding the request."

I am expecting them to be out at the marathon weekend expo - maybe not, but with the races not sold out yet that would be a great opportunity to try to convince more rD fans to come back for SW!
I think last year they came out between marathon and princess

You have to email them if you want to claim it to your account. It's under FAQs

"If someone else initially registered me, how can I start managing my own registration?

You will need to have the individual who paid for the registration send an email (and cc: second registrant who wants to manage their own registration) to runDisney@disneysports.com giving permission to unlink the registrations. Please include the specific event category and participant information in the email. You will be notified by email when the transfer is complete or if there are any questions regarding the request."
Thanks! Well that’s kinda a pain. All I want to do is add my POT. I will get her to email them. :)

Thanks! Well that’s kinda a pain. All I want to do is add my POT. I will get her to email them. :)
Just have her log in to her account and update your proof of time. You don't have to claim it if you don't mind her managing it for you.

Question for the experts, I am signed up for the 5K and now having FOMO for the 10K. Do they ever release another wave of bibs or am I likely out of luck? I have an AP, so won't be trying the TA route. Thanks!

Question for the experts, I am signed up for the 5K and now having FOMO for the 10K. Do they ever release another wave of bibs or am I likely out of luck? I have an AP, so won't be trying the TA route. Thanks!
TAs are usually able to drop the ticket requirement for APs.

Only way they would release more 10Ks is if they broke up some challenge bibs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter