Where: Walt Disney World

(Video credit: runDisney)

Events:
Rival Run Challenge
Half-Marathon
Kids' Races
Star Wars Virtual Half-Marathon
Kessel Run Challenge

The Star Wars race weekend at Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate epic Star Wars rivalries in 2019. With this new theme comes a new name – Star Wars Rival Run Weekend presented by OtterBox. Starting next year, runners will be able to choose which side of the Force they will run for during the race weekend April 4-7, 2019.

This race event will feature some favorite Star Wars rivalries from across the saga, with distances geared for all skill levels. In addition to the 5K, 10K, half marathon and the runDisney Kids Races, there will again be two challenges for runners to tackle. There’s the Star Wars Rival Run Challenge, which involves running the 10K and the half marathon during the race weekend, and the runDisney Kessel Run Challenge – completing the Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon at Walt Disney World Resort and running the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon at home.
Choose Your Side: 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Early registration for Annual Passholders, DVC Members, and Golden Oak residents begins at 12pm EDT Aug. 23.

General registration begins at 12pm EDT Aug. 28

Remember, it's a new registration system: you'll need to go to runDisney.com to log in with your MDE login information under Manage my Account, or create a new login if you do not already have an MDE login.

Last edited:

Wahhhhh....I'll be missing out on this one. I'm boarding a cruise ship that Saturday with my MIL & SIL. I could squeeze in the 10K, but it might stress my MIL out if I do it.

Okay, just saw the Rival Run news, and I'm not understanding the difference. Is it just a matter of theming?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!