"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have plenty of time to get some really good ideas for costumes. This will be our second MNSSHP and we definitely want to join in on the fun. Need some "cool" (as it will be hotter than hades in September) costume ideas. Now c'mon Disney release the EMM and DAH schedule so we can plan around all this, lol.

So the last 3 years we did the Sunday of Halloween week. I can’t decide if we should just do it again or switch to the Tuesday of Halloween week this year.

I am interested in seeing if they announce the Dessert Party details soon as well, and if there will be a repeat of Paradegate 2018. Hopefully they learned their lesson from that!

They can't possibly screw up the whole Dessert Party/parade viewing as badly as they did last year, right? I mean, I loved getting calls from Disney every other day for a few weeks during the whole fiasco, because who doesn't love seeing that number come up on their phone? But honestly, they must have learned something from that mess.

If I were a betting girl, I would say no parade viewing this year (boo!) and I am going to go out on a limb and have faith that the info will be correct on the website.

For those of you who have attended before: The wife and I are planning to squeeze in one last trip before our annual passes expire in December centered around the Halloween Party. Our plan is to hit the last weekend in September -- but we can either go Wednesday to Sunday and hit the 9/27 party, or go Friday-Tuesday and hit the Sunday 9/29 party. Which do you recommend? I've seen that Sunday has lighter crowds, but I figure both will be busy. The Friday party would work better with our schedule, but is the crowd difference enough to justify a wonky work week? Thanks in advance!

For those of you who have attended before: The wife and I are planning to squeeze in one last trip before our annual passes expire in December centered around the Halloween Party. Our plan is to hit the last weekend in September -- but we can either go Wednesday to Sunday and hit the 9/27 party, or go Friday-Tuesday and hit the Sunday 9/29 party. Which do you recommend? I've seen that Sunday has lighter crowds, but I figure both will be busy. The Friday party would work better with our schedule, but is the crowd difference enough to justify a wonky work week? Thanks in advance!

We were there on a Friday party last year (9/21) and I honestly didn't think the crowds were much different than when we were at a midweek party the previous year. We waited a bit to get on a couple of rides, but they were the ones I expected to be on the long side (Peter Pan and 7DMT). We got on all the rides we wanted and some multiple times.

I have been to parties on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays...heck, this past September, I went to 3 of them (the 7th, 9th, and 11th) and I never noticed any difference in crowd levels.

They can't possibly screw up the whole Dessert Party/parade viewing as badly as they did last year, right? I mean, I loved getting calls from Disney every other day for a few weeks during the whole fiasco, because who doesn't love seeing that number come up on their phone? But honestly, they must have learned something from that mess.

If I were a betting girl, I would say no parade viewing this year (boo!) and I am going to go out on a limb and have faith that the info will be correct on the website.

I agree, I don't think the dessert parties will include parade viewing this year. But someone mentioned that the Christmas parties had a special event at Tony's that included parade viewing, so I could see Disney maybe trying that for MNSSHP!

I will laugh super hard if the website is wrong yet again though lol

Last edited:
We were there on a Friday party last year (9/21) and I honestly didn't think the crowds were much different than when we were at a midweek party the previous year. We waited a bit to get on a couple of rides, but they were the ones I expected to be on the long side (Peter Pan and 7DMT). We got on all the rides we wanted and some multiple times.

Oh, awesome! Thank you! This makes me feel a lot more confident about pulling the trigger on the Friday party and not having to do Disney and go back to work the very next day.

I have been to parties on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays...heck, this past September, I went to 3 of them (the 7th, 9th, and 11th) and I never noticed any difference in crowd levels.

Perfect! That makes me feel better about sticking with our original Wednesday-Sunday plan! Thank you!!

I don't think I posed this question in this thread yet but curious about folks' opinons:

We are driving down and staying onsite from 8/26-9/3 and plan to hit one of the MNSSHP nights (probably 8/27 or 8/30)

We have 7 day hoppers, and could either time things to arrive early on 8/26 and use a park day (which would mean having a resort day on MNSSHP day) or arrive around check in time on 8/26 and use a park day on MNSSHP day. I'm not a huge fan of that idea, but also it would mean being able to log fewer miles over two days rather than making the bulk of the trip in a single day. I have hilton points that I can use on a hotel so cost isn't a factor, just time.

What would you do? Burn a park day on a party day, or take the longer drive the day before arrival to use a park day on check-in day?

We went Sunday, Sept 30, 2018 and it was wonderful (hot as Hades, but crowds were great). IIRC, the previous Friday party was reported to be pretty crowded. But overall, the parks didn't seem all that crowded.

What would you do? Burn a park day on a party day, or take the longer drive the day before arrival to use a park day on check-in day?
Our preference is always to make party day a rest/resort day. We sleep in, have a big, late breakfast, maybe swim, just generally take it easy. Our schedule doesn’t always work out this way, though, and I will say on days when we travel or go to a park in the morning, we’re all dragging by mid party, it’s not as enjoyable an evening, and we often leave early. You know your group and their energy levels best, but I’d vote for making party day a rest day if you can.

Our preference is always to make party day a rest/resort day. We sleep in, have a big, late breakfast, maybe swim, just generally take it easy. Our schedule doesn’t always work out this way, though, and I will say on days when we travel or go to a park in the morning, we’re all dragging by mid party, it’s not as enjoyable an evening, and we often leave early. You know your group and their energy levels best, but I’d vote for making party day a rest day if you can.

That's my preference too, but I'm not 100% sold on the long haul drive that would be required to get us there a day early so we could use a park day on check in. I know the cost difference between a 6 and 7 day ticket is really small in the grand scheme of things, and I'm not sure what I was thinking getting the 7 day PH knowing that MNSSHP would be in the same time frame LOL. I might call the TA and see if we can get it changed to a 6 day ticket and just put the $$ towards the party tickets.

That's my preference too, but I'm not 100% sold on the long haul drive that would be required to get us there a day early so we could use a park day on check in. I know the cost difference between a 6 and 7 day ticket is really small in the grand scheme of things, and I'm not sure what I was thinking getting the 7 day PH knowing that MNSSHP would be in the same time frame LOL. I might call the TA and see if we can get it changed to a 6 day ticket and just put the $$ towards the party tickets.
You should absolutely be able to change it - though if you booked before the ticket price increase it may be more cost effective to leave the package as is, as any modification will convert to current ticket prices.

I hope to take your advice this year. Last December we did in this order:
Saturday: Hs plus DAH at HS
Sunday: Emm Mk, Stayed at Mk, MVMCP that night
Monday:EMM HS and stayed at HS
We were all dragging by Monday afternoon lol I will never do that again.

This is us too! We have a nice breakfast, maybe swim for a little bit and the youngest naps (we have quiet time) we try and get to the parks at 4:00 and have a plan ready. I used to go without any plans but I find planning maximizes our time and we do so much more... this will be the first trip that I will actually go with a *flexible* plan for each day. I digress, definitely rest before the party.

You should absolutely be able to change it - though if you booked before the ticket price increase it may be more cost effective to leave the package as is, as any modification will convert to current ticket prices.

Nope we just booked it two weeks ago when free dining came out :) 6 day tickets would still be long enough to qualify under the package pricing, as long as my TA wouldn't have to cancel and rebook to change the length of the tickets. That would be my biggest concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter