"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets don't sell out usually until the summer, and may not sell out at all depending on the day. If you were going on the first night or Halloween you might need to rush, but (for me) early October tickets can wait.

Potential first timer here.... I have been to the Christmas party but we are considering going to the 1st night as it is our last night in Disney before our cruise. I was assuming I had some time to mull this over. Any idea when I should worry about the first party selling out? Wasn't sure if after hours would also be released for our stay and will probably only book one not both. Realistically how much time do I have?

WOW That is just way too many parties for a one day observation. Christmas is a season, but halloween is one day.

While I love Halloween, I kind of think the same way.....what is there...40 parties this year? Disney is nothing if not good at finding something good and exploiting the heck out it for $$

There will be at least 5 parties during our September stay......I don’t want to visit MK on a Saturday, but we’ll be limited in our opportunity to see HEA during our visit!

We did the party in September 2017....I followed the board, faithfully planned, attended a Tuesday party....which was sold out and it rained much of the night.
I’m not sure how I feel about the party....but, we’ve decided we will do one special event during this visit, so we’ll have a family discussion to see what everyone wants to do.

I really did love planning our costumes!

I haven't had to deal with the swabbing yet, but I have been known to be insane enough to bring down an empty carry-on for the sole purpose of hauling MNSSHP candy home lol

Too funny - we do that for purchases (clothing, souvenirs, etc). Put smaller luggage into empty, bigger luggage.

We do bring large (gallon) ziplocs to put candy in for trip home.

This will be my 2nd trip to WDW, first for F&W, and first for MNSSHP!!! I am soo excited.. buying our tickets Friday when I get paid.

Fantastic.

2017 was our first MNSSHP. It was the reason for our trip. THEN BAM! BONUS - we find out F&W is going on too! So that trip was our first both, too.

You'll LOVE them both. Good suggestions on the F&W boards.

How bad are the crowds at the party on Columbus Day? That’s looking like it would be our only choice for MNSSHP this year. We travel to Disney at some of the busiest times of the year and are used to heavy crowds during regular park hours, but our previous trips for MNSSHP have been at less busy times and we haven’t had any substantial waits. We choose to skip character meetings and do rides and trick-or-treat instead, but I’m not sure what to expect. How long are trick-or-treat lines? Popular rides (like space mountain)? Less popular rides? How early would we need to have a decent spot for the parade? I’m just trying to get a sense of how busy this party could be.

Was so excited to see tickets went on sale already for the party. We will be there October 22 - November 1 and will either do the 24 or 25th party. Being a redhead i was the redhead from POTC, then Winifred Sanderson, and this year i will be Lucille Ball. I have already started on my costume! (don't laugh!) lol

How bad are the crowds at the party on Columbus Day? That’s looking like it would be our only choice for MNSSHP this year. We travel to Disney at some of the busiest times of the year and are used to heavy crowds during regular park hours, but our previous trips for MNSSHP have been at less busy times and we haven’t had any substantial waits. We choose to skip character meetings and do rides and trick-or-treat instead, but I’m not sure what to expect. How long are trick-or-treat lines? Popular rides (like space mountain)? Less popular rides? How early would we need to have a decent spot for the parade? I’m just trying to get a sense of how busy this party could be.

Do characters first and ToT later. CMs are more generous later in the evenings and the lines seem to be shorter as well - esp after first parade.

There are a limited number of tickets sold to each party and a sell out is a sell out, regardless of the date. However, the party exclusive events will be crowded no matter which party you attend, so a good plan is a must.
A few tips:

Trick or treat at the end of the night for shorter lines and bigger handfuls.

Watch the parade in Frontierland for lower crowds. Second parade will be less crowded as well.

Ride lines will be shortish all night, but particularly during parades, fireworks and the last hour of the night.

How do they allow you to purchase tickets over the phone without assigning them if they are non-transferrable?

Just the way it works. Of the two words used in the fine print, non-refundable is legitimate, non-transferable is a bit grey in terms of how Disney tickets work in practice. You can assign and re-assign unused tickets among friends and family connected to your MDE account.

When you buy tickets via phone, those tickets aren't assigned to anyone - they are just tickets that exist.

Just the way it works. Of the two words used in the fine print, non-refundable is legitimate, non-transferable is a bit grey. You can assign and re-assign unused tickets among friends and family connected to your MDE account.

When you buy tickets via phone, those tickets aren't assigned to anyone - they are just tickets that exist.
That's great, thanks for the additional explanation. We know the dates of our trip just not the 4th person yet and I want to make sure we get the 10/1 party tickets!

Potential first timer here.... I have been to the Christmas party but we are considering going to the 1st night as it is our last night in Disney before our cruise. I was assuming I had some time to mull this over. Any idea when I should worry about the first party selling out? Wasn't sure if after hours would also be released for our stay and will probably only book one not both. Realistically how much time do I have?
The first party didn't sell out until the day of the party last year, so you (more then likely) don't need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter