"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I O!

This is what I had in my notes:

Frequent Fear Pass $92 (if you want Fridays too it is $107): Oct 1, 4, 5, 8, 11, 12…29, 30, 31, Nov 3

I did have an AP discount. We ended up going 4 nights, which was fantastic because we didn't have to worry about staying the whole time. I will say one thing though, doing a stay and scream lets you get a lot more done. According to people who go every year, our dates were much more crowded than previous years so that kind of sucked. But a stay and scream means you have a day ticket or AP to Universal, and you get a head start on those waiting to get into the gates because you can stay in the park if you are in there before a certain time.

That’s awesome. I think we will do that this time. We did stay and scream 2 years ago and were thinking of doing it again this year but i think this will be a more cost effective way of doing it.

I went end of October last year. The first couple of days it was so chilly that my friend borrowed my sweater and Pocahontas actually met in her winter outfit. Fast forward to 4 days later and the heat and humidity were almost killing us.

You must have been there when we were! We went to the 10/29 party and it got very chilly, and we weren't really prepared. My friend was wearing a skirt above her knee and just a shrug and ended up pretty frozen (she was dressed as Anna but did not really plan on it being so meta!).

I'm wondering...is the party "worth it" if there is zero interest in character meets? It seems as though so many people post about rare characters but none of us are into meet&greets. Subjective question, I know but does anyone else go and just skip all the characters?

We have no plans to meet any characters either! Hoping for more ride time, some special treats, candy & the parades/fireworks/show.

Thanks everyone! This has made our decision easy to make. In fact, we are heading down for 8 days but only have 7 day tickets. Originally we were going to plan for Sunday Aug 26 as a no-park day but since we are expecting a party on the 28th I think that we will hit another park on Sunday and have our no-park day on the party day so we can maximize our tickets. Staying at the hotel on the 28th until the afternoon will also give us the best chance of staying late at the party.

Now, all of this is of course based on the expectation that there will be a party on the 28th but if not, I can always change our plans again!

I am curios to know what the changes will be and especially knowing that they are going to close the park at 6pm for all non party guest is going to be something to watch for. I am going to keep track of all the magic shots and new picture moments to add to my collection.

We are going to our first MNSSHP on September 16! (tentatively) We've never been to Disney in September and are excited to try our first party! What was the final consensus last year with FP before the party? Can you book them with a party ticket from 4-6ish? We aren't going to a park that day otherwise.

Great thread! Been to WDW many times and other events and never managed to get to MNSSHP, but with it starting in August, We'll be there! Question: I am just about up to doing my 180 day dining.....and it looks like the MGK is closing at 6 pm on Friday 8/23.....also 8/20 (tues) the park is closing at 6pm.....AND on that day BOG is not allowing any dinner reservations....Can you not have dinner in the park if there is a party or do you have to have party tickets? We'd love to try and do BOG at say 5 and the party starts at 7. THANKS!

Great thread! Been to WDW many times and other events and never managed to get to MNSSHP, but with it starting in August, We'll be there! Question: I am just about up to doing my 180 day dining.....and it looks like the MGK is closing at 6 pm on Friday 8/23.....also 8/20 (tues) the park is closing at 6pm.....AND on that day BOG is not allowing any dinner reservations....Can you not have dinner in the park if there is a party or do you have to have party tickets? We'd love to try and do BOG at say 5 and the party starts at 7. THANKS!

BOG has been making a lot of changes. Are they accepting reservations on other days that week? Not saying you would want to go then, just trying to figure out if they are taking reservations at all for that point in time.

You can have reservations up to a certain time, then after that time, only for guests with party tickets (separate reservation page last year. Also, just announced yesterday BoG dinner going to Signature Restaurant (2 Dining Credits).

Hoping for August 31. We have a cruise Sep 1 and will be staying ar AKL the 30th, and 31th before the cruise. We went for the first time last year and had a blast.

You must have been there when we were! We went to the 10/29 party and it got very chilly, and we weren't really prepared. My friend was wearing a skirt above her knee and just a shrug and ended up pretty frozen (she was dressed as Anna but did not really plan on it being so meta!).

Yes, we were. We did the 11/1 party though. Thankfully we had done fairly light Disney bounds. But my Indiana Jones hat for Rescue Ranger Chip was bad enough with the temperatures.

Our September trip is going to be our very first fall visit, so it'll be our first MNSSHP AND F&W and I CAN'T WAIT! I love Halloween and food and Disney and OMG I'M SO STOKED!! :hmghost:

While I anxiously await more details, do any previous attendees want to post some pics from past parties? Just to whet my appetite?

@lvcourtneyy I'm bugging the Universal forum to get a HHN thread started, so hopefully they'll start one soon and you can come join me in speculating about houses and planning my trip :)

I'm not sure if I want to stay at an All Star resort again (free parking and it was a bit cheaper than Cabana Bay). Or if I want to do a Universal hotel, which would be a lot nicer to be able to walk or ride a boat to HHN.

Excited to be going this year after missing the past few. Will be there the last week of September, hoping for the 25th for our party date.

While I anxiously await more details, do any previous attendees want to post some pics from past parties? Just to whet my appetite?

DWPXsOr.jpg

Y3MtxoF.jpg

lpECJXf.jpg

qjLAG3O.jpg

bgh9SdA.jpg

5uA16Lg.jpg

A0S95H2.jpg

KanhiSz.jpg

Qt0N957.jpg

EvR1YrQ.jpg

EUmQ0Ia.jpg

01h0DyU.jpg

brCi0HL.jpg

AMvnASS.jpg

This was The Legend of Sleepy Hollow playing inside the trick or treat spot at Mickey's Philharmagic.

yqWNYdc.jpg

Thanks all. The 2 dining credits probably starts @7/27....I just did a look and you cannot book dinner at BoG after that date. Hmmmmm.....we’ll see. Thanks again. But headed to the party no matter what! Time to start thinking of costumes for the 8 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter