"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see answers of folks because I want that for your DAH, although I doubt it. I’m so hoping it will be magically open on 3/8 as well.
I doubt it will be open, but it's coming up soon and maybe they will decide "what the heck, let's keep it open!" lol

I know that things can definitely still change, but I was so excited when I realized that our DAH day (3/1) is already in the 10-day weather forecast! As of right now, it looks pretty similar to the weather during last week's DAH with highs in the low 80's during the day and lows around 64 during DAH. How did everyone who attended last week's DAH dress?? Did anyone dare to break out their shorts in February and was that a good way to go? I feel like it'll be too hot for jeans but still too cool for shorts late at night.

I was there and had shorts on and a tee shirt. I had taken a jacket in the car, but forgot it in the car. Glad I did as I did not need it at all! Great weather and great fun! I hope you have as much or more fun!

March 1 is looking great for weather! My phone says high of 87 and that’s our pool day before dah starts

This is our pool day too, and could not be happier with the current forecast. Also happy to hear everyone was comfortable at night without a jacket during similar weather. I will probably bring a sweatshirt for my youngest, since he gets cold, but I should be fine without one.

This is our pool day too, and could not be happier with the current forecast. Also happy to hear everyone was comfortable at night without a jacket during similar weather. I will probably bring a sweatshirt for my youngest, since he gets cold, but I should be fine without one.
I’m sure I’ll end up getting a sunburn because my skin is so fare lol. I plan on still bringing a jacket to dah just in case. My arms get cold easy.

I was there and had shorts on and a tee shirt. I had taken a jacket in the car, but forgot it in the car. Glad I did as I did not need it at all! Great weather and great fun! I hope you have as much or more fun!
That's great news! Thanks everyone for the input. We almost always go in late May/early June so shorts and Tshirts are pretty much all I know as far as Disney attire goes. DAH was my main concern since it'll be so late at night with no sunshine. It'll be awesome if we can still wear our summer park clothes without it being miserably hot. I'm getting so excited! Perfect way to celebrate my 30th! :)

I will be there that evening too. I'm not sure about parking at WL. There is the normal parking fee in the lot which I think it just increased to $22.

We only have DAH and I was able to make FP for 7, 8 and 8:30. So far, they're still showing on MDE.

I am excited that I purchased the 3/8 DAH Tix! Thanks for all the great info throughout this thread.

Questions:
1) Can I book fastpasses to use before 9pm?
If yes, I have our MBs from last year’s trip...the sales guy said I just link the confirm # to my old MBs?
2) Where is the best place to watch HEA, so we don’t get tied up in crowds?
3) Looking fur easy transport as I’m sans husband for this night o’ fun & Ill have our 6&8yo in tow! We are not staying on property and this is our ONLY Disney related event as we are in town for a family event, not a WDW vaca
Can we drive to Wilderness Lodge and eat at whispering canyon...then take the boat over to & back from MK?
Can I leave my car parked there? Do I pay valet?
4) does the 9pm start time still allow you in at 6?

A tidbit that maybe everyone already knows...booking Tix online to be mailed to me was going to be $15 in shipping...I ended up have to place my order over the phone & he shipped them to me for free! Just an fyi if you want the hard Tix, but don’t want to pay shipping :)

We were at this event Feb 9th last year and IMHO, it was definitely busier last night.

We also did Feb. 9th last year and I was stunned at how crowded it was on 2/8 this year. It was still great fun, but the whole "no using Fast Pass lines" and allowing non-DAH guests to stay in the park detracted from the experience. I'll still probably do it again next year, though.

Yes, that was us! We have always wanted to get that photo but the parks are always just too busy. We were laying on Main Street between the Emporium and the Confectionery taking photos. They came out really great.

Saw you guys as we were heading toward the railroad station to head out. Looked like a great picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter