OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

big group here too ! 9 adults 4 teens 1 disney adult child. What are your dining plans for a big group? Are you planning on staying all together in the parks?
We’re cheap we bring a lot of snacks with us and usually just do one big meal in the parks. In Dl we do Cafe Orleans, sitting outside and love it! DCA we haven’t found a place we love yet...I’d love suggestions!

Lol I feel the opposite, it was too warm.
me too!

Lol we come from AZ and it was warmer in California than it was in AZ!
Yup, I’m in AZ and hope I’ll be wearing jeans and sweatshirts in Dl in December! :)

We’re taking my 18yo daughter and her 20yo boyfriend (who’s never been to DL), 15yo daughter and our 2 foster babies our son will have just turned 2 and 11 month old baby girl. We’re mostly excited about seeing it WITH the babies and watching them discover the magic!

DCA won’t have much for the little guys though :(, the carousel and bugs land is closed :(. That’s the only real bummer for us...not too much for them to do, and our little guy won’t be 40” so he can’t ride much either :(.

Hoping the decorations and rides and shows he can do will keep him happy! I’m sure we’ll all have a blast!

All the Halloween stuff is just making me more anxious to know what Christmas may bring!

I really want to know about shows. PTN reservations didn’t open for nov 9th like I hoped they would, but neither did any shows. So I don’t think they’ve updated it yet. Makes one wonder if they aren’t sure about WOC and just don’t know yet!

Same, I keep checking every day, though we are hoping for Fantasmic reservations. They had opened reservations for Thursday Nov 1st before so I was really hoping to the the Thursday the following week, but now following week hasn't opened at all and they took Nov 1st off.

We heck into the Hilton Anaheim November 18th for 6 nights, and I will be making dining reservations at our 60 day mark this week. Does anyone know what day Disney will post parade, shows, fireworks, and other night time show schedules. I'm curious because I would love to be able to plan dinners to correspond with the shows.

I guess I'm use to Wdw style of planning and booking ADRs.....

We’re cheap we bring a lot of snacks with us and usually just do one big meal in the parks. In Dl we do Cafe Orleans, sitting outside and love it! DCA we haven’t found a place we love yet...I’d love suggestions!

me too!

Yup, I’m in AZ and hope I’ll be wearing jeans and sweatshirts in Dl in December! :)

We’re taking my 18yo daughter and her 20yo boyfriend (who’s never been to DL), 15yo daughter and our 2 foster babies our son will have just turned 2 and 11 month old baby girl. We’re mostly excited about seeing it WITH the babies and watching them discover the magic!

DCA won’t have much for the little guys though :(, the carousel and bugs land is closed :(. That’s the only real bummer for us...not too much for them to do, and our little guy won’t be 40” so he can’t ride much either :(.

Hoping the decorations and rides and shows he can do will keep him happy! I’m sure we’ll all have a blast!
We’ve always taken our fosters too. Now some are adopted! Tons of pics and a nice hat with name in case they go to relatives or something!

Sorry so much in dca is closed. Our thankfully love Ariel. Youngest is basically afraid of everything last trip. 2.5.

The best thing for us has been taking ear phones. They just have foam in them. The youngest baby we took was 3.5 mos adjusted. They all have had SPD and I didn’t know it that early.

Last edited:
Holidays at the Disneyland Resort Returns November 9 through January 6

The start and end dates have been announced for the holiday season!
Has anyone been the first week of January? Our main objective is to experience Christmas. I think it seems clear that the decorations, parade and holiday overlays will still be running. However, I read that Santa is gone as of Dec 24th. Not that Santa is a big deal to us but it left me paranoid that maybe not ALL the Christmas stuff will be available. For example, will characters still be dressed for Christmas? Will the giant candy canes still be sold?

We will be going at Christmastime again this year. Looking forward to seeing Fantasmic as we were not there on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday last year. I was wanting to do the BB lunch package as a treat and to get front and center seating for my DD. How does one book that? I know how to do the regular dining reservations online, but, I've never done a dining package. Help!

My BFF and I are going to Disneyland and California Adventure Nov 27-30 - Staying at Hilton Anaheim at convention center..We are so excited!!!! We've both tried taking DL trips with others who just don't appreciate the magic like we do so we decided to take our own trip without anyone else.. Hubbies are staying home, kids are staying home all other friends are staying home, LOL!!! We are coming from AZ so looking forward to the weather and all the magic :)

We will be going at Christmastime again this year. Looking forward to seeing Fantasmic as we were not there on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday last year. I was wanting to do the BB lunch package as a treat and to get front and center seating for my DD. How does one book that? I know how to do the regular dining reservations online, but, I've never done a dining package. Help!

I’m not sure about online but you can book through the app. You select BB and it pulls up an option to book a Fantasmic package.

Thanks for your response. I will download the app tonight so that I am ready for the 60 window. I usually leave this to my DD to do on her computer. She does all of our planning and ressies.

We’ve always taken our fosters too. Now some are adopted! Tons of pics and a nice hat with name in case they go to relatives or something!

Sorry so much in dca is closed. Our thankfully love Ariel. Youngest is basically afraid of everything last trip. 2.5.

The best thing for us has been taking ear phones. They just have foam in them. The youngest baby we took was 3.5 mos adjusted. They all have had SPD and I didn’t know it that early.
Good idea! I wonder about that with our 22mo, he’ll be 2 by then and isn’t tall enough to ride most of the rides, so he’ll be watching parades and shows more, ear phones will probably be good!
We took our 8mo fd last year, got her ears (and a zillion cut pics!) which she has now as she’s moved to kinship out of state..great memories though!!

I’m getting so excited! Had a friend make us all black t-shirts with a different Disney saying on them...love them!

Us too! We are waffling on making an ADR for Blue Bayou. I created a whole thread with my questions!
I’m trying to decide on that too but for the F! package. I’m thinking it would be nice but not really sure how my 4 year old will like it...

I’m trying to decide on that too but for the F! package. I’m thinking it would be nice but not really sure how my 4 year old will like it...

We took our 5 year old (he had just turned 5) to B.B. fantasmic package. He’s not a big eater but he likes eating in the dark. I took a couple glow sticks and paid the $5 for the light up ice cube. He loved the show and had a great view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter