# of seats in units for rides

KIS

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where I can find out the seating within each car/pod/module, etc., etc of rides? So that I will be able to determine prior to being on the line how we can accompany our 5 y.o. daughter?

KIS

I don't know where you can find this information, but I will tell you that we have always been able to sit w/ our DD on almost all the rides. The only ride that I can think of that we couldn't is Dumbo in Fantasyland. We have taken our DD at ages 2,3, & 4.
I hope this helps a little.:wave:

The Unofficial Guide has lots of information about ride logistics (and just about everything else you can think of !!!) It may have the answers you are looking for!!! Renessa

She may be too small, but space mountain is single seat so you can't sit with her. I sat behind my 6 year old this trip as she really wanted to ride space mountain. I kept my hands on her shoulders just to let her know I was right behind her. She said the ride was her 5th favorite behind Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Rockin Roller Coaster, and Thunder Mountain Railroad! Last year, she chose not to try Space mountain and Rockin Roller Coaster.

Have Fun,

Mickey Moose

So far, I haven't found that in the guide. It doesn't list the number of seats per unit. It does help to know that a parent will probably be able to sit with my daughter on all but Dumbo. We're not doing Space Mountain as she's too small and not that age.

Len, if you have this information, that would be great. If not, may be that might be worth including for the future.

Thanks, folks.

KIS

KIS--one parent will be able to sit with your dd on Dumbo. I think that it's just too small for both parents plus dd.

Beth

If you have specific rides you are interested in, I'm sure we could come up with the answers for you. And yes, Dumbo is two people per elephant. ::yes::

I will have time tomorrow to jot down the rides. I'm jumping through work hoops and prep hoops just to get to next week without work while I help my family with the countdown. (I'm the organizer, alas -- my poor family relies on me, Ms. Disheveled and Disorganized....

I would love to have people let me know about seating here. May be it will help some other participants on the boards, too.

kis

KIS
On most of the rides, certainly the 'kiddie' rides, you will have plenty of time while waiting in line to check out the cars, etc. Most of the queues wind their way back and forth near the loading areas.

Many rides have bench seats that will accomodate 5 or maybe 6 people. A CM will ask you 'how many in your party?' as you are preparing to board. You will then be directed to a numbered row where you wait for the next boat to arrive. The guests that have ridden will disembark on one side, while you board on the other. Very efficient, I think, because everyone is ready to hop on when the boat pulls up. Examples of this are, pirates, small world, WDWRR, mexico, maelstrom, safari at AK, living with the land (I think), the Great Movie ride. On these rides generally speaking your family will get the entire row even if you don't fill it.

TTA holds at least 4, so you will all fit in that. Pooh's honey pots I believe have 2 rows in the car, so you and daughter can ride together while DH rides in the backseat. Dumbo would be 1 adult and 1 child (or 2 adults), Peter Pan, you could all fit in the ship as well as tea cups and HM. I think the barnstormer is 2 seater, but again DH could be in row directly behind you. Buzz will accomodate 3, but there are only 2 guns. The Jungle cruise has a row of seats around the perimeter of the boat and a long bench in the center so you can all be together there (try to get in the front of the boat if you can, the drivers sometimes call a child up to help drive the boat). I believe Splash is 2 riders per seat, and not sure about BTMRR. Kali is a circular boat with 8 seats, arranged in 4 pairs.

Can't give much advice on MGM, not all that familiar there. Also don't do thrill rides often, so I can't help there either! Anyway, that's alot of info to digest :) and I'm sure I missed lots. Don't worry though, as I said before, you can almost always see the cars before you get in well in advance. See you there!

Remember that LOTS of attrations are shows - so seating is not a problem there. And many rides are long benches that accomodate more than 3 people -- off the top of my head...

MK
Pirates of the Carribean
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Haunted Mansion (3 will fit in a Doom Buggie)

MGM
Great Movie Ride

EPCOT
Boat Ride - mexico
Boat ride - Norway

Winnie the Pooh is 4 per pot, 2 rows of 2 -- make sure your daughter sits in the front row with one of you and the other parent can sit right behind.

Peter Pan - all three of you should fit in one ship (I think)

We've been as a family of three, a family of 4, and a family of 5. It always seems to work out fairly easily. And the Cast MEmebers are completely smooth about keeping families together (like on Winnie the Pooh).

I think Aladin has 2 rows, can't recall for sure.

Hope that helps!

Wow! You guys covered a significant amount of the rides we've been considering.

Thanks loads!

MK
Can someone sit/stand/ride near a child riding a horse on the Carousel at MK?
Anyone know about the Tomorrowland Speedway? --Isn't that a parent and a kid only?
Does anyone know about Aladdin for sure?
What about the Tikki Birds? Is that a show or a ride? (I don't even know)
What about Big Thunder Mountain?
These were two posters have not been too sure about:

Is anyone sure about Splash Mountain?
Is anyone sure about Barnstormer?

AK
In the K Safari ride jeep, is there room for 3 near each other?
Tricera Top Spin?

Epcot

Test Track -- Isn't that a kid and one parent?
Living with the Land
Body Wars (possibly)
Journey Into Your Imagination
Spaceship Earth

That's it, I think.

Please let me know what you know as far as seating goes.

Thanks.

KIS

Here are the answers for the ones I know...

MK
Can someone sit/stand/ride near a child riding a horse on the Carousel at MK? >> YES<<
Anyone know about the Tomorrowland Speedway? --Isn't that a parent and a kid only? >> Only room for two. No lap-sitting.<<
Does anyone know about Aladdin for sure? >> Same as Dumbo; three across only if the child is small enough to squeeze between adults.<<
What about the Tikki Birds? Is that a show or a ride? (I don't even know) >> Show. The seats are long benches.<<
What about Big Thunder Mountain?
These were two posters have not been too sure about:

Is anyone sure about Splash Mountain? >> Three across if the child is small, but the child must sit ON the seat, not on a lap. Otherwise, one adult can sit in the next row.<<
Is anyone sure about Barnstormer? >>I don't think you can get 3 in a row; it would be hard with the lap bar.<<

AK
In the K Safari ride jeep, is there room for 3 near each other?
>>Yes. At least 4 avg. adults will fit on a bench.<<
Tricera Top Spin?
>>Again, same as Dumbo.<<

Epcot

Test Track -- Isn't that a kid and one parent? >>Three seatbelts across in each row, 2 rows to a car.<<
Living with the Land
Body Wars (possibly) >>Same as StarTours. 8 seats in each row.<<
Journey Into Your Imagination
Spaceship Earth >>Each car has two rows. You could squeeze a child in with two small adults, but it isn't necessary. Put 2 in front and one in back; the cars are small.<<

NotUrsula,

Wow! How do you know all that? Thank you so much.

My family has been reviewing rides and my daughter recently asked "are you both are coming with me?" I figured it was a good thing to know.

The short answer is almost always she can ride with one of us and we will usually be seated near or next to each other.

I guess the Journey into Your Imagination and Living with the Land are two still to find out about, but chances are it's about the same.

Really, thanks again.

KIS

JIYI is three across, I believe, and Living with the Land is four or five across - it's a bench seat.

Thanks NotUrsula!

Len

Thanks Len, bctipp, NotUrsula.

Not that I need the details since there seems to be nary a problem with accompany a child. When we're newbies and we have a child testing her 5 1/2 year old wings, we'd like to be able to reassure her that we'll be nearby.

KIS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter