Odd Occurrence with Reservation

jaygalterio

Mouseketeer
Something to be on the look out for...

We have a cruise coming up shortly and everything seemed fine. This morning I received the usual "we can't wait to welcome you" and "your cruise is coming up." email.

Otherwise the email looked like your typical reservation email; names, sailings, cabin number, etc.

Buried in the email was the "Fare and Payment Information" section and, at the bottom of it there was a balance due of 4 cents. No notice that final payment was needed, no alert, no nothing.

I logged into the DCL website, found my reservations and, sure enough, balance due. Pay immediately, your cruise might be cancelled, etc. This was despite my having paid in full in May and being able to make onboard reservations.

No idea what would have happened if I hadn't noticed this and didn't pay it. I would hope that they'd get the 4 cents from me at boarding, but with computers you never know. It could have just cancelled the onboard reservations or the whole cruise reservation.

There was probably an adjustment to the port fees. DCL will refund if the fees go down and typically wipes out the difference if the fees increase after PIF.

There was probably an adjustment to the port fees. DCL will refund if the fees go down and typically wipes out the difference if the fees increase after PIF.
THIS.

The terms & conditions technically allow them to collect any additional fees if the port fees or taxes or tolls are increased after you pay- but they rarely (or never) do.

You likely didn't need to pay the 4 cents, it would have been wiped out, but no biggie either way.

Depending on how their system is set up, and it's a real crap shoot with Disney IT, it absolutely might have cancelled the entire reservation over 4 cents. Better to pay it for safety's sake.

I had this happen 2 weeks before our cruise in May. For us it was 52 cents. We wanted to swap around port adventures and couldn’t because it thought we had a balance. I just paid it, figuring it wasn’t worth my time to call. It was refunded 2 days later.

Depending on how their system is set up, and it's a real crap shoot with Disney IT, it absolutely might have cancelled the entire reservation over 4 cents. Better to pay it for safety's sake.

It won’t cancel over 4 cents. We booked our last cruise through a travel agent. Guarantee rate, so full payment was due with booking. The travel agent misspelled one of our names - we had it corrected the next day and were assessed a small penalty (either $25 or $50) that should’ve been waived. We found out about this at the port. They completed our check-in and sent us to a desk that had us contact our travel agent to resolve.

Was kinda surprised. Princess wipes out any nominal balance due ($99 or less, something like that). Guess it’s the mou$e.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest