Odd booking issue with VGF

Still nothing available for 19-23rd for VGF 2 bedrooms..
This is what I think what we saw happen when availability suddenly opened on 1/20/21 for all villas thru 12/27/21. Inventory got loaded into the system. For a brief time (like minutes, not hours or days) the rooms were available to book online. Then the waitlist went thru and quickly swept up inventory.

The people whose waitlists got filled were not walking nights. They wanted those nights and won't be dropping them in large numbers like you see with walking. They will give up those nights much closer to travel dates. December is pretty far away and members (especially those living outside of the US) have pushed their vacations out as far into 2021 as they can in the hopes that things are back to some semblance of normal by then. They're going to hold onto their reservations as long as they can while they decide about going.

This is what I think what we saw happen when availability suddenly opened on 1/20/21 for all villas thru 12/27/21. Inventory got loaded into the system. For a brief time (like minutes, not hours or days) the rooms were available to book online. Then the waitlist went thru and quickly swept up inventory.

The people whose waitlists got filled were not walking nights. They wanted those nights and won't be dropping them in large numbers like you see with walking. They will give up those nights much closer to travel dates. December is pretty far away and members (especially those living outside of the US) have pushed their vacations out as far into 2021 as they can in the hopes that things are back to some semblance of normal by then. They're going to hold onto their reservations as long as they can while they decide about going.
I picked up 23-29 that day but never saw anything before 23

I do appreciate this thread and and the contact information for Terri.

I had a booking issue for NYE at VGF (discussed in another thread) that I can add to this "irregularity." If I cannot book my home resort at 11 months at exactly 0800, then there is a serious problem.

Thanks everyone for all the responses.

I do appreciate this thread and and the contact information for Terri.

I had a booking issue for NYE at VGF (discussed in another thread) that I can add to this "irregularity." If I cannot book my home resort at 11 months at exactly 0800, then there is a serious problem.

Thanks everyone for all the responses.

Unfortunately, there is no way for all owners who want something like NYE, at a small resort like VGF to get it, even getting on at 8 am, especially if you want studios. It is one of the most popular nights people book.

That is one of the reasons the contract does allow DVC to institute a lottery type system for seasonal type situations like this and it may be something that needs to be considered for certain resorts.

The thread has wondered a bit. The issue is that a villa shows available at 11 months but
has no availability at 11 months + 1 day.

A villa not being available at 11 months is a combination of one being slow off the mark and/or other members' reservations extending through the 11 month mark (common complained with walking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter