October Pre & Trip reports

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Ok, I know it's early, but since I am under the 3 month mark, I decided to go ahead and get one started. We will be arrive 10/27 and leave 10/31. May try to add 10/26 since I now have enough Disney Visa reward dollars to pay for three of my four nights. October is probably the only trip that I truly do pre planning for. Since we participate in the golf cart parade and decorate our site I like to get an early start on setting a theme and planning it out. Considering it's too hot here in Central Florida to do anything much of anything else I might as well work on Halloween decorations. I decided on two themes for the golf cart, basic Halloween stuff prior to parade and Disney ride theme for the parade. Our site will have a basic Halloween stuff. Started on the Disney ride theme stuff since it will be the most time consuming.

Here isn't a list of those on this thread. If you want to add names or site type, let me know. Or if I missed someone, let me know.

Tltay2005, Terri & Greg, 10/26-10/31, full hook up 1812
Serenitygr, 10/27-11/11, premium 1435
Jets70, Steve, 10/27-11/9 1021
Disneypeach, 10/14-11/4
Kidarheart2010, 10/20-10/27, premium 430
Kpsmithsr, Ken & Sue, 10/19-11/16
Jandafortcamper, 10/27-?
Brockton, 11/23-11/2, preferred
Flame tamer, 10/24-11/2, premium 605
Friendofeeyore, 11/16-12/6
Pj, 10/28-11/2
Krista 10/28-10/31, cabin
Mandi 10/27-11/2, cabin
Fsudisney, 10/12
Tiggerdad, Michael, 10/26-10/29 staying at the GF

Last edited:
Thanks for getting this started @tltay2005 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We will be checking into the Fort on 10/27 with a checkout date of 11/9. We will be overnighting at Lake Louisa on 10/26. We hope to pull into the Fort close to 6AM on 10/27. This has become our favorite time of year to visit the Fort. Like you, we will have the basic Halloween decorations for our campsite. The DW and I had talked about decorating our golf cart for the parade but she has decided against it as she said that if we participated in the golf cart parade we wouldn't get to see the other carts and the parade itself.

Steve

A picture of last years campsiteHalloween - 2017.jpg

Terri,

Thanks for getting this going. I'll be down a month before you, but I love seeing all the decorations. I've never been down in October, but hopefully we'll be fixing that in 2020 for the big DIS Meet @ the Fort.

j

Never too early to get started. Looking forward to reading of the adventures.

thanks for getting this started...

I'll be down Oct 14 thru Nov 4...my first time at the Fort for Halloween! Plan to hit up Costco for bulk candy to give away to the trick or treaters. Only have a few decorations but will enjoy all the others around the Fort.

I'll be the only person at the Fort NOT in the cart parade. :)

Good luck with the Disney theme ride planning, Terri!

I won't be there this year but give it all you've got.

I'll have my 'corn popcorn:: and follow on the Boards.

Bama Ed

Yay!! I’ve been hoping someone would start October so I didn’t seem to overly excited :tilt::tilt:
We are arriving October 28 (but hoping to add the 27th as well) and checking out November 11th.
Our plans are to do the Halloween party the night of the 28th, then spend all week relaxing at the Fort and enjoying the Halloween fun going on there! Our second week we’re going to spend one day at Discovery Cove, and do the Christmas party at Magic Kingdom before heading home :yay:

Lots of Fort time this trip- we’re even bringing some of our dogs with us for the first time! Can’t wait to see everyone else who will be there!!

Thanks for getting this started @tltay2005 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We will be checking into the Fort on 10/27 with a checkout date of 11/9. We will be overnighting at Lake Louisa on 10/26. We hope to pull into the Fort close to 6AM on 10/27. This has become our favorite time of year to visit the Fort. Like you, we will have the basic Halloween decorations for our campsite. The DW and I had talked about decorating our golf cart for the parade but she has decided against it as she said that if we participated in the golf cart parade we wouldn't get to see the other carts and the parade itself.

Steve

A picture of last years campsiteView attachment 340361

You should do the parade, it is a lot of fun and tell your wife she will still get to see all the other carts. There is plenty of time to stroll around and look at all the others at the starting point. Here are a couple of pictures from last year's starting point.
FW oct hall parade.jpg FW PODOct 2016 parade.jpg

Yay!! I’ve been hoping someone would start October so I didn’t seem to overly excited :tilt::tilt:
We are arriving October 28 (but hoping to add the 27th as well) and checking out November 11th.
Our plans are to do the Halloween party the night of the 28th, then spend all week relaxing at the Fort and enjoying the Halloween fun going on there! Our second week we’re going to spend one day at Discovery Cove, and do the Christmas party at Magic Kingdom before heading home :yay:

Lots of Fort time this trip- we’re even bringing some of our dogs with us for the first time! Can’t wait to see everyone else who will be there!!

We will also be back on 11/10-11/13. I wish we could just stay the whole time, but that darn thing called work requires me to go back for a few days. Thank goodness we don't live far from the Fort.

thanks for getting this started...

I'll be down Oct 14 thru Nov 4...my first time at the Fort for Halloween! Plan to hit up Costco for bulk candy to give away to the trick or treaters. Only have a few decorations but will enjoy all the others around the Fort.

Trust me you won't be the only one not in the parade. The street is usually full of those watching. You will love the Fort at Halloween.

@Disneypeach We will more than likely be one of those not participating in the golf cart parade. We will probably meet up with some friends at the end of Fort Wilderness Trail around the 400 loop.

You should do the parade, it is a lot of fun and tell your wife she will still get to see all the other carts. There is plenty of time to stroll around and look at all the others at the starting point. Here are a couple of pictures from last year's starting point.
View attachment 340489 View attachment 340490

@tltay2005 I think it would be a blast. The creativity of those that decorate their carts is amazing. I'm not giving up on it yet. I have a 14 hour drive to the Fort (captive audience) to try and convince her otherwise.

Looking forward to Halloween at the Fort and getting to say hello to some fellow Disers. :thumbsup2

You can count me in. Only problem is I won't be staying at FW. I have a "neurology conference" over the GF so I'll be hanging with the high rollers.
(this should be fun)

Just me and DW, so a little "just us" time. We'll be there October 26-29. I am planning on riding over to FW for one evening. I already told @pluto67 I'd go over and say hello as I have not seen Ken in several years. If any of you are around I'll try my best to come by and visit, but I'll be on foot.

I have lunch booked at the GF for the evening of the 27th. The one and only Rusty Scupper and his wife will be meeting up with us then, so I'm trying to keep with my FW crowd even though I'm staying in "foreign territory".

I just might have to cause some mischief...

You can count me in. Only problem is I won't be staying at FW. I have a "neurology conference" over the GF so I'll be hanging with the high rollers
What Neurology conference is it. Donna recruits for Neuro Sciences now. My Phoenix and San Diego trips this winter were accompanying her to Neuro conferences. I'm surprised this one at GF didn't come up.

j

Thanks for getting this started @tltay2005 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 We will be checking into the Fort on 10/27 with a checkout date of 11/9. We will be overnighting at Lake Louisa on 10/26. We hope to pull into the Fort close to 6AM on 10/27.

Well, Steve, I'd say to your Dear Wife that the cart parade is always on YouTube (I've posted the link for several years) and as Terri showed, during the queuing and staging beforehand, people walk around talking to other "cart"ers and getting extended looks. Being actually IN the parade should be on yours and her bucket list - if not this year, sometime in the future.

The Lake Louisa SP night-before strategy is a good one. I like it and I hope you do too.

Goodness, all these folks are going to be there, I need to get a BIG bag of popcorn.

Bama Ed

PS - if Mrs. tiggerdad gets a taste of the good life over at Grand Floridian, she may not want to stay at the little ol' Fort again. Be careful over there, buddy.

PS - if Mrs. tiggerdad gets a taste of the good life over at Grand Floridian, she may not want to stay at the little ol' Fort again. Be careful over there, buddy.

The only reason we stayed there is they gave us a discount on the room and tickets if we booked through the conference, and it's just us. If the kids were going I could of booked FW and just rode the boat over each morning but we figure this is the ONLY chance we'll be able to afford to stay at GF.

No worries from me. It's too rich for my taste. I really don't feel comfortable in places like that. Closest I've come to that was one time we stayed a weekend at The Turquoise Place in Orange Beach. I hardly rested.

Just me and DW, so a little "just us" time. We'll be there October 26-29. I am planning on riding over to FW for one evening. I already told @pluto67 I'd go over and say hello as I have not seen Ken in several years. If any of you are around I'll try my best to come by and visit, but I'll be on foot.

I have lunch booked at the GF for the evening of the 27th. The one and only Rusty Scupper and his wife will be meeting up with us then, so I'm trying to keep with my FW crowd even though I'm staying in "foreign territory".

I just might have to cause some mischief...
Our camper is open to you anytime! Definitely hoping to see you again :yay:

Will be sure to look you up and do my best to do a "walk by" when over there.

We’re hoping to be in our usual spot in 1400 but we’ll definitely update once we arrive and know for sure ! Even all these years later the kids still talk about you- you’re a legend :rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!