October 27th, 2018 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess some schools DO have a break then. :D And, I'm glad to hear that most recent experience was positive. In reality, I can't imagine the seas being much worse than when we went May 2016. They were *rough*! I am trying to put the thought of hurricanes out of my mind; thanks for reassuring me.

I'm on the fence about participating in an FE...but I have a long time to think it over!

Yes, it was absolutely beautiful! I wouldn't worry too much!

We do have time. :)

Hi! I'm new here.

This will be my 4th Disney cruise, my daughter's second, and my husband's fifth. It's also the first cruise we are taking as a family as five - we are having twins in March so this will be their first cruise! It is all of our first specialty cruise (as in like a Halloween one) and we are super excited about that.

First time in an exterior room - we usually do a verandah but I thought the large porthole with the seat would be best with our 2.5 year old.

I'm curious about fish extenders, but also realistic about the fact I will be cruising with 3 children under 3 and preparing and dealing with that much is probably overkill for me. Point of this vacation is to relax! We are going on this because Disney is great with kids - including toddlers and young babies - and it's so relaxing to have someone cook amazing meals and clean for you when you have young babies.

:welcome: @disneygirlsquad! I honestly can’t imagine traveling with 3 under 3! I had three within 4 years and I thought that was tough. You and your husband will be champions!

A lot of people are surprised - but after we did one with our first at 6 months, we knew 6-8 months would be the perfect age. Starting to be more fun and into things, starting to crawl, and still easy to carry around. We did our first cruise without using a stroller the entire time. My love of babywearing gets me through a lot.

My 2.5 year old will be the interesting one, but by the time of this cruise, we'll have gone to Disney World countless times to perfect how to handle her with the twins! I'm always thankful for our annual passes - they get us out and in crowds and out to eat in public because Disney is so awesome with kids. By 1, my daughter has been 30 times.

We're addicts if you can't tell :earsboy:

Hi everyone.

First timer Disney cruiser here, traveling with six family members.

One will be an 11 year old boy st the time of sailing. Hoping to connect him with others in his age group. @MommaBerd, I believe he is close in age to two of your sons.

This is also his first Disney Cruise.

Mine, too, though I am a seasoned cruiser.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Ann

Hi everyone.

First timer Disney cruiser here, traveling with six family members.

One will be an 11 year old boy st the time of sailing. Hoping to connect him with others in his age group. @MommaBerd, I believe he is close in age to two of your sons.

This is also his first Disney Cruise.

Mine, too, though I am a seasoned cruiser.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Ann

:welcome: Ann!

Yes! My youngest will be almost 11 at the time of sailing, and the next oldest will be 12. Yay!!!

What are you and he looking forward to the most about the Disney Cruise?

:welcome: Ann!

Yes! My youngest will be almost 11 at the time of sailing, and the next oldest will be 12. Yay!!!

What are you and he looking forward to the most about the Disney Cruise?

I am looking forward to spending time with the family, possibly wine or martini tasting, and trying out AquqDuck. Perhaps seeing Goofy.

He is looking forward to all the ships activities, and exploring the “kid zone”. He has mentioned riding AquaDuck, riding a bike on CC, and playing Goofy golf on the ship, too. He loves Minecraft, and drawing his own characters - hoping he explores the animation hub. Not sure what characters he would be interested in meeting.

He is my Grand nephew. We will be traveling with his Gram (my sister), an Aunt, Uncle and two cousins (7 and 3 year old girls). Both of them are just a bit too young for him to spend all his time with them, and I am fairly certain that he is NOT interested in the tea with the princesses. But I might be wrong.

Hi everyone,
another European addition to the group, however a Swedish family! We are a family of four (DH, DDs 15 and 12 at the time of the cruise). This is our third cruise and the last one was in 2013 and it was also a Halloween-cruise. I hope we will have an amazing time and hopefully meet lots of new friends. I would love to participate in a FE.
We are planning on staying another week at AKL and I would love to do MVMCP. Does anyone know when they release the dates for 2018?

Hi everyone,
another European addition to the group, however a Swedish family! We are a family of four (DH, DDs 15 and 12 at the time of the cruise). This is our third cruise and the last one was in 2013 and it was also a Halloween-cruise. I hope we will have an amazing time and hopefully meet lots of new friends. I would love to participate in a FE.
We are planning on staying another week at AKL and I would love to do MVMCP. Does anyone know when they release the dates for 2018?

:welcome:

How fun for you all!

Here is some historical data for you:

When do MVMCP Tickets go on sale?
2017 - Tickets go on sale on May 10th. Tickets were released prior to prices being announced.

So, it looks like there really is no pattern - but I’m sure around February, there will be a “watch” thread on Theme Parks Atrractions & Strategies board! :rotfl:

No one has stepped up to lead an FE group yet. Hopefully as we get a little closer someone will volunteer!

How fun for you all!

Here is some historical data for you:

When do MVMCP Tickets go on sale?
2017 - Tickets go on sale on May 10th. Tickets were released prior to prices being announced.

So, it looks like there really is no pattern - but I’m sure around February, there will be a “watch” thread on Theme Parks Atrractions & Strategies board! :rotfl:

No one has stepped up to lead an FE group yet. Hopefully as we get a little closer someone will volunteer!

Thank you! Hopefully they' announce the dates in February:thanks:

Hi all. This will be DW & I's 2nd Disney cruise. The first one was Feb of '15 on the Magic. Can someone offer suggestions on excursions???

Our family recently booked this trip. For DH, DS #1, DS #3, and me, it will be our 10th Disney Cruise! [DS #2 missed a cruise due to one college professor changing his mind about permitting the boy to make up his work ... man, we were HOT about that! (We even had permission from him in writing prior to booking, but he managed to still renege.)]

Our party will include DH John, me, DS Jack (26) and his wife, DD Basia (26), DS Will (23), Alyssa (22), DS Tom (21), and one last still as yet unknown traveller.

This trip is really to allow the two girls to see Castaway Cay, and for Alyssa to experience her first cruise!! (DD gets to experience HER first cruise in January 2018!) The by-product will be an availability to pre-book a future cruise. I want to do the WBPC in the WORST way!

Deb

Hi all. This will be DW & I's 2nd Disney cruise. The first one was Feb of '15 on the Magic. Can someone offer suggestions on excursions???

Unfortunately, I can’t offer any suggestions for excursions as we haven’t done this itinerary. But, I am sure if you read through the posts or do a search on the main DCL forum, you will find suggestions and reviews.

Our family recently booked this trip. For DH, DS #1, DS #3, and me, it will be our 10th Disney Cruise! [DS #2 missed a cruise due to one college professor changing his mind about permitting the boy to make up his work ... man, we were HOT about that! (We even had permission from him in writing prior to booking, but he managed to still renege.)]

Our party will include DH John, me, DS Jack (26) and his wife, DD Basia (26), DS Will (23), Alyssa (22), DS Tom (21), and one last still as yet unknown traveller.

This trip is really to allow the two girls to see Castaway Cay, and for Alyssa to experience her first cruise!! (DD gets to experience HER first cruise in January 2018!) The by-product will be an availability to pre-book a future cruise. I want to do the WBPC in the WORST way!

Deb

Sounds like you have a great crew! With 10 cruises under your belt, maybe you can help @DARuss with recommendations?

Hi everyone,
Hello,

My daughter will be 15 at the time of our cruise. She would love a few friends to hang out with and go to clubs with. This will be our 4th cruise, 2nd HHS cruise. FE is so much fun! We have done it the last 2 cruises.

In the past my family and I did the Xrail dune buggy in Cozumel and it was so much fun! Looking forward to do it again this time. We went horseback riding in Falmouth which included a ride in the ocean. At Grand Cayman, we did the Snuba and it was amazing. My DH and I had a little hard time with the breathing but our DD was off and running. She did amazing! At Castaway Cay we did the package deal with the snorkel equipment and the bikes as well as the stingray interaction! Never had a bad experience on an excursion! Truly amazin!

First time Disney cruiser here from North Carolina! It’ll be me, my DD (8) and my parents. Can it be October already?

Last edited:
First time Disney cruiser here from North Carolina! It’ll be me, my DD (8) and my parents. Can it be October already?

:welcome: Have you all cruised before? Or first cruise AND first Disney cruise? Does your daughter know or is it a surprise?

hi everyone :) Im Briana I LOVE fe and am so excited for this cruise.This is my 7th disney cruise and 2nd time doing this itinerary and its awesome! i see that a fe group hasn't been created yet ive organized on my last 2 cruises and enjoy it! I'd be glad to organize it on this one is well if everyone wants to post on here their details or msg me that would be great

1.Cabin #
2.Names(+ ages for children)
3.are you celebrating anything while on board?
4.any allergies?
5.favorite characters

What ive done in the past is create excel spreadsheets and with all this information and organize everyone into even groups. I like to try and close groups out at 10 cabins. When one group fills up i will start another and so on. To give everyone enough time to know who is in their groups and start making gifts Ill put a deadline of Sept 1st. around that time i usually try to follow up with everyone and see if they are still participating to finalize lists and post the final lists after that. Since this is a longer cruise i like to create a delivery schedule to stretch out deliveries throughout the cruise. I also put a journal outside the room with the delivery schedule and cabin #s(no names) come cruise time. If you guys have any questions let me know:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter