NYC to Bermuda! Who is going....

For the 2019 DVC cruise, our port times are also currently listed as being 10-3:30 each day. I know it's wrong since we are there overnight, but it's annoying lol:sad2:
So I was looking at my reservation today and it has changed to 10 am to 11:58pm day 1 Bermuda and 12:02 to 3:30pm day 2 Bermuda, so happy to see that it finally reflects the correct times! :)

I'm on the October 29th sailing with my best friend! We reach Bermuda on Halloween and we don't want to miss any of the festivities so we opted for just the Horseshoe Bay Beach transfer on the 31st at 11:45, we should be back on the ship by 4 with plenty of time for costumes and the party. The second day we're going kayaking which looks like it completely filled up the same day the excursions went up for our cruise. Good thing I was up at midnight when booking went live!

We are booked on the Oct. 4-9 cruise. It's our first time cruising (you can see how much of a newbie I am to the boards). I'm curious -- is Rapunzel's Royal Table actually on our ship? It's not clickable on the deck plan page, so I thought I'd ask here ---- you guys know EVERYTHING; it's a little daunting!
Anyway, it'll be me, my husband, and our 10 year-old son (with high-functioning autism, so I need to plan with as much detail as I can).
We are so excited!!!

We are booked on the Oct. 4-9 cruise. It's our first time cruising (you can see how much of a newbie I am to the boards). I'm curious -- is Rapunzel's Royal Table actually on our ship? It's not clickable on the deck plan page, so I thought I'd ask here ---- you guys know EVERYTHING; it's a little daunting!
Anyway, it'll be me, my husband, and our 10 year-old son (with high-functioning autism, so I need to plan with as much detail as I can).
We are so excited!!!

:welcome:

Yes, Rapunzel's is on the Magic. Although I've sailed many, many times on the Magic, I haven't been since the refurbishment that added Rapunzel's so I'm looking forward to our Bermuda cruise to see the updates. Looks like they finally found a theme for that restaurant that may stick around.

Cruising shouldn't be daunting. Ask away, everyone here is happy to help.

silly question is the 2019 NYC-Bermuda-Boston-NYC trip only available to DVC members?

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Also where is @Trera - are you still going?

This will be the first time we are cruising with my parents since 2013 so I am happy for them. We are signed up for the Kayak excursion and then doing a day pass at a beach resort. We also have a date night dinner planned on the island since my parents can watch the kids. It will be kind of neat to be on an island at night.

I'm on the October 29th sailing with my best friend! We reach Bermuda on Halloween and we don't want to miss any of the festivities so we opted for just the Horseshoe Bay Beach transfer on the 31st at 11:45, we should be back on the ship by 4 with plenty of time for costumes and the party. The second day we're going kayaking which looks like it completely filled up the same day the excursions went up for our cruise. Good thing I was up at midnight when booking went live!

We are on this same cruise. I don't know that they will host Halloween festivities on 10/31. I'm thinking they will do them on 10/30 as it is a sea day and a guarantee that everyone will be onboard to enjoy them.

A bit off topic...we were on the sailing with the first stop in Falmouth (Oct 2013), and the room stewards gave out little maracas to commemorate the occasion, but I do not recall any special merchandise at all. Maybe Disney will be a bit more proactive in terms of merch for Bermuda. Have fun, everyone!

I’m going with friends next year! DVC Member Cruise to Bermuda.

Wait wait wait wait wait......I thought you were doing the West Coast 2019 cruise? Are you doing both? Are you going to be on the Oct 2019 cruise??????? Really?!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

silly question is the 2019 NYC-Bermuda-Boston-NYC trip only available to DVC members?

Yes, DVC members only

A bit off topic...we were on the sailing with the first stop in Falmouth (Oct 2013), and the room stewards gave out little maracas to commemorate the occasion, but I do not recall any special merchandise at all. Maybe Disney will be a bit more proactive in terms of merch for Bermuda. Have fun, everyone!

I think the difference is that Falmouth was just one port on an itinerary they do regularly. So they can still sell you a Caribbean t-shirt. But Bermuda cruise is an entirely different destination for Disney - and since it isn't in the Caribbean, they can't really sell me a Caribbean t-shirt to mark the occasion.

Yes, DVC members only

I think the difference is that Falmouth was just one port on an itinerary they do regularly. So they can still sell you a Caribbean t-shirt. But Bermuda cruise is an entirely different destination for Disney - and since it isn't in the Caribbean, they can't really sell me a Caribbean t-shirt to mark the occasion.

It was the very first time in Falmouth. I can guarantee if there had been a shirt with Mickey wearing a rasta hat, we would have purchased that shirt.

I can't seem to access onboard activities online. I'm trying to see if they have a mixology class on the Oct 19 Bermuda cruise!

I was on the inaugural Bar Harbor cruise and I didn't notice any special fanfare... if anything i heard chatter that the locals were disappointed Disney didn't do anything when it arrived, like tender Mickey in and say hi to the locals

Getting excited for our Bermuda cruise about 30 days away.

Just booked one excursion that tours of the island by car for our 2nd day there. I wanted to get to St. George and Hamilton and this tour stops on both places.

I am waiting to see how the weather is before booking anything else. Last year’s weather for third week in October was really nice 77-79 degrees and the water was 76-77 degrees. Not bad.

If we get that kind of weather this October then I’m definitely going to try to get to Horseshoe Bay Beach. My husband and I were there about 15 years ago in June. I have been doing a lot of research and it’s very easy to just get a shuttle from the port down to the beach. I figure if we take a shuttle then we don’t have to worry about being at the beach too long or too short because will control our transportation. The shuttles are a little cheaper than taking a cab.

I also just started looking into maybe having a nice anniversary dinner in Bermuda on Friday night. There are couple of lovely restaurants that have waterfront dining. Toes in the sand. But again, I’ll wait to see how or whether will be.

Praying that we escape any late season hurricanes.

Getting excited for our Bermuda cruise about 30 days away.

Just booked one excursion that tours of the island by car for our 2nd day there. I wanted to get to St. George and Hamilton and this tour stops on both places.

I am waiting to see how the weather is before booking anything else. Last year’s weather for third week in October was really nice 77-79 degrees and the water was 76-77 degrees. Not bad.

If we get that kind of weather this October then I’m definitely going to try to get to Horseshoe Bay Beach. My husband and I were there about 15 years ago in June. I have been doing a lot of research and it’s very easy to just get a shuttle from the port down to the beach. I figure if we take a shuttle then we don’t have to worry about being at the beach too long or too short because will control our transportation. The shuttles are a little cheaper than taking a cab.

I also just started looking into maybe having a nice anniversary dinner in Bermuda on Friday night. There are couple of lovely restaurants that have waterfront dining. Toes in the sand. But again, I’ll wait to see how or whether will be.

Praying that we escape any late season hurricanes.

Completely off topic but I went with my wife to Bermuda in Dec and the weather was low to mid 70s and it was really enjoyable. Shorts and t-shirts weather and we are from NYC. I would imagine in Oct the weather will be better like you mentioned. As for hurricanes, Sept is peak season and it goes down hill from there so I wouldn't worry for Oct cruise, but obviously fingers crossed for you.

I really want to go to the Bermuda cruise but timing is bad for me and the wife....hope I can go in the future

We’re sailing in the Oct. 4 cruise to Bermuda. Only two weeks away and we can’t wait! We’re sailing with AnnaS and her husband and another couple.
We’ve booked Horseshoe Bay and a sightseeing tour around the island.

Sailing Oct 19th! Can't wait! This will be our fourth trip to Bermuda. First time cruising with friends. We haven't carved out our plans for Bermuda yet. Whatever we do will probably be on our own. It's nice that way as you can come & go as you please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter