NYC to Bermuda! Who is going....

We are on the October 19th cruise too!! DH and I are going with our best friends who have never cruised before. Just booked our excursions, Palo, and tastings when my booking window opened Friday morning. Our friends are worried the same excursions and tastings won't be available by the time the first time cruiser window opens next month. I have my fingers crossed for them! We will make the best of it either way since after all we are all on a Disney cruise :cool1:

I am sooo excited for the 9:45 pm Bermuda Triangle evening cruise- it happens to fall on my birthday!!! :fish:

I would love to hear what everyone else is looking forward to!!!

Don’t see it happening. DCL is having a very hard time in trying to fill the ship for the two Quebec cruises. Heard they are almost giving the cruise away to cast members.
I noticed that as well, both Quebec cruises are being offered at major discount. I’ve been on a number of one way routes, repo and back-and-forth, and always enjoyed the option of starting and ending the cruise in different cities, but on DCL those are few and far between. Somehow other cruise lines manage to do OK with one way routes in Alaska, Hawaii and Canada, but with DCL the only option for unique routing is repo, with or without B2B, and maybe some of the Europe routes.
With Bermuda there aren’t many alternatives to a closed loop.

We are on the October 19th cruise too!! DH and I are going with our best friends who have never cruised before. Just booked our excursions, Palo, and tastings when my booking window opened Friday morning. Our friends are worried the same excursions and tastings won't be available by the time the first time cruiser window opens next month. I have my fingers crossed for them! We will make the best of it either way since after all we are all on a Disney cruise :cool1:

I am sooo excited for the 9:45 pm Bermuda Triangle evening cruise- it happens to fall on my birthday!!! :fish:

I would love to hear what everyone else is looking forward to!!!

Thanks for sharing. That Bermuda Triangle cruise sounds fun. And have a Great Birthday!

We have not booked any excursions yet! We have been to Bermuda before, so we may just do somethings on our own, Horeshoe Bay beach, ferry to Hamilton and explore Naval Dockyard area. We may head over to snorkel beach.

We did like the idea of the biking excursion.

We did book Palo Brunch for Sunday. And I booked Pedicure for myself on Wednesday. I will get my toes ready for Bermuda.

Anyone else going to Bermuda and what are your plans.

We’ll be on the Oct. 4th cruise with two other couples. We haven’t booked any excursions yet. We’re thinking of Horseshoe Bay and an island sightseeing tour. My husband wants to golf.

We are on your cruise OP! We loved the catamaran tour we took on our southern Caribbean cruise so we are booking one in Bermuda. What puzzles me is that DCL Port Adventures only allows ages 5 and up, but when I go on the vendor’s site the same excursion is all ages. Because my son is 3 we have to book through the vendor. Don’t understand why DCL is excluding children...
My assumption is safety & liability for age that’s a little less predictable. It was frustrating for me until this year, my daughter is finally 5. Wahoo!

When you are at a port for Two days, do you have to be back on the ship by Midnight? I was wondering how will it work when we are in Bermuda.

Also, since this is the first year cruising to Bermuda, do you think there will be any thing new or special associated with these cruises? Eg. Merchandise, special shows or change in menu, or maybe a special Drink?

When you are at a port for Two days, do you have to be back on the ship by Midnight? I was wondering how will it work when we are in Bermuda.

Also, since this is the first year cruising to Bermuda, do you think there will be any thing new or special associated with these cruises? Eg. Merchandise, special shows or change in menu, or maybe a special Drink?
I was wondering the same thing about being back on the ship at a certain time. I mean, the website says that port is from 10-3:30 each day, but they obviously have evening excursions, so I know you don't really have to be back on the ship by 3:30pm! I even asked when I did my OBB if the ship goes out to sea or if it stays there overnight and the lady told me it stays overnight so not sure what's up with the port timing on the website.

We are! But not until October 2019 for the DVC Members cruise to Bermuda and Boston :cool1::cool1: Can't wait to read trip reports for the cruises that go there this October!:thumbsup2

the website says that port is from 10-3:30 each day, but they obviously have evening excursions
I pulled up my itinerary, and it lists the following times:
3 King’s Wharf, Bermuda 10:00 AM 11:58 PM
4 King’s Wharf, Bermuda 12:02 AM 3:30 PM
The whole -2 and +2 minutes thing is probably just to accommodate some sort of internal web site logic.

Usually when the ship docks overnight, there is no expectation that the passengers must return on board. For example, some Baltic itineraries which stop in St. Petersburg also offer excursions with overnight stay in Moscow.

We're on the 10/13 six night cruise. I'm a little surprised they aren't offering that again. Two nights in Bermuda is a great option. I will feel like I'm actually visiting the island instead of just doing a stop.

The 4 minute "all aboard" window has to be related to how the computer system works. Disney's is always more complex than it needs to be. Look at this way: if get back at 11:59 and they've pulled up the gangway, you don't have to stress over "missing your ship" as they'll lower it again in 4 minutes. Easiest miss you'll ever do!

As for me, I don't myself out in Bermuda into the late night. In October, it's past the Harbor Nights, etc. and I'm not sure I want to pay the cost of a land dinner plus transportation back to the ship. If you think waiting for Disney buses is slow at off hours . . .

Dirk

6-night trip with two nights in Bermuda would have been my preference, but we are locked by school schedule, so had to settle for a 5-nighter. Most other cruise lines stay in Bermuda for two nights - which is understandable, as staying on a docked cruise ship offers the most cost effective lodging option in Bermuda.

For some reason, Disney only offers one 6-night cruise this year, and Magic will also share the port with Anthem for two of those three days.

Last edited:
I pulled up my itinerary, and it lists the following times:
3 King’s Wharf, Bermuda 10:00 AM 11:58 PM
4 King’s Wharf, Bermuda 12:02 AM 3:30 PM
The whole -2 and +2 minutes thing is probably just to accommodate some sort of internal web site logic.

Usually when the ship docks overnight, there is no expectation that the passengers must return on board. For example, some Baltic itineraries which stop in St. Petersburg also offer excursions with overnight stay in Moscow.
So weird! Mine says 3:30 - look at this - it's the Sept. 25, 2019 sailing - I truly hope 3:30 isn't correct!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FvvUry9paveuEcC4j6yVyuHDSWgspdaC/view?usp=sharing
view

Also, I had asked about special Merchandise for Bermuda? Do you think they will have some?

Or special drinks or food.

Also, I had asked about special Merchandise for Bermuda? Do you think they will have some?

Or special drinks or food.

They usually have special merchandise for new itineraries. The Mouse isn't likely to miss a chance to sell you something. So I would expect at least t-shirts for the Bermuda cruises and would expect to see several other Bermuda/DCL themed items.

As for food/drink, since the cruises are less than a week they wouldn't really need to do a special menu. And Bermuda isn't exactly known for their food so I would doubt they'd do any food/drink theming for these handful of cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter