Now How Lame is This.....

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
When we were in Florida over Easter, at the gates they give out the applications for the New Disney Visa Card.

So after we got home I filled it out. I have a Social Security Number filled it in and used my home address, here in TO.

Well I got a reply,

"Thank you for applying for a First USA credit card account.

Unfortunately, we can not process your appliaction because the permanent residence you listed is not located within the United States. In order for us to continue processing your request, we will need a separate home address located in the United States."

They then ask me to contact them in order to complete an application inclusive of a verifiable United States home address.

Now wondering if I bought into DVC, whether I could use this as a "HOME ADDRESS"!LOL

Everybody have a "Magical" Day!

Scratch
:smooth:

Have to admit that I'm tired of seeing the ads for the Disney Visa and seeing people on the boards talk about using the rewards and the deals they are being offered since we can't participate at all.

I like the idea of buying into DVC and using that address though.

Cdnmickeylover

I find it interesting that there is a current Canadian Visa promotion to win a trip to Disney for 4 days/3 nights plus a Magic Kingdom Party! It runs from May 1 to June 30 and you are entered each time you use your Visa. When I got the notice with my Visa bill, I couldn't help but think that this was some way to placate us Canadians!! I don't use my Visa a lot but guess I should during this contest!

Just on that note, I think you are only entered once per day regardless of how many times you use your Visa that day....

so maybe just buy one thing every day!

Also, this contest is also open to American Visa holders. All of them, not just the Disney Visa. I just read that on a web site somewhere, I don't remember where, but I think it might have been Mousesavers.

I started a petition to send to Disney/Bank One and received 56 signatures...not too many :eek:

When I looked closely into the card, it is a no fee 1% points reward card - in essence no great shakes when compared to a CIBC Dividend Card or BMO Air Miles Card or other similar promos out there like Citibank Driver's Edge for example.

If Disney someday only offers discounts to people who have this card then it gets interesting

I suspect either Disney had discussions with the Canadian card issuers and did not get anywhere or they figure the Canada market is too small and we will have to wait out turn based on success of card in States

Thanks
jaysue

Did you send your petition in yet? I'll add my name/sig to it :p I just applied for and got a Diner's Club/Aeroplan credit card. They have some special bonus of 12,000 points (6,000 bonus points for your first 10 purchases of $10 or more and 6,000 when you renew the card for an annual fee of $65/year) ... it's $1=1 Aeroplan point, so after my most recent trip I'll almost have enough for another free ticket (crossing my fingers that nothing happens to Air Canada) :p

http://www.petitiononline.com/96disney/petition.html

I have both the Diner's Club Aeroplan (Silver) card and CIBC Aerogold - I have found that if we plan far enough ahead we can usually use the points and have used for:

Moncton
New York
Victoria
Fort Lauderdale
Orlando

The Aeroplan points tend to be worth around 2.25 to 4.5 cents each depending upon flisghts, time of year etc. They are most valuable when used as 40,000 points for business class flight within the US/Canada - then sometimes 7 to 9 cents a point would be common in terms of worth

Air Canada will be remain in some form...I would not worry about that

Thanks
jaysue

I added my signature..............there are now 57.

I suppose they have a reason for not including us in the "Disney Visa" card...but I swear, if I get one more Disney Visa application in my mailbox, I'll scream.

After being a member of the Magic Kingdom Club Gold card for 10 years (which then became the Disney Club) they sent me a notice saying that they were doing away with the Disney Club card but "please feel free to sign up for the Disney Visa card which will give you great deals, promotions and benefits equal to or greater than the Disney Club card".

After I applied I also got the same "You are not applicable as you are a Canadian" reply.

Well why did they offer it in the first place? Now I have received 4 more Disney Visa card applications since then. Not only is it frustrating and ignorant, it's also environmentally unsound.

That's what I get for 15 years of loyalty, trips to WDW and DL, purchasing at the DS :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter