November W.I.S.H Goals

piglet1979

DIS Veteran
This is your monthly W.I.S.H. Goals thread. W.I.S.H. stand for "We are Inspired to Stay Healthy!". So, pick a healthy goal for the month and join us!

We will have a schedule of questions/topics and I hope we will get some discussions on those. But otherwise, feel free with anything that is on your mind and which you want to share and/or get some input on.

This will be the weekly schedule:

Motivation Monday
Topic Tuesday
Woo Hoo Wednesday
Topic Thursday
Free-for-All Friday

So, grab a seat, join in and tell us about yourself, your goal and waht is motivating you this month - it's a Motivation Monday today!

I am looking forward to chatting with all of you this month!

I don't have a topic for today as I haven't had time to think about it yet. I have been really busy at work and home. Though they are both slowing down. I am really trying to get back on tract this month.

Thank you for hosting this month!

My goal for the month is to stay within 2lbs of my current weight. I need to be mindful of what I’m eating and track my points.

Last edited:

Today is Free for All Friday. What are your plans for the weekend? We have a busy one. DS is playing in a soccer tournament about an hour away this weekend. He has 2 games on Saturday and 1 maybe 2 on Sunday depending on how well they do. DS did not play with this team this past season but played with most of them last year. It is a rec league playing a tournament with travel teams. We will see how far they go. The worst though will be the fields. We have had non-stop rain since Wednesday. It is a soggy mess out here. Those fields will be a muddy mess. DS and I are staying at a hotel in the area so we don't have to drive back and forth. We are sharing a room with one of our friends. Just the mom and son. It will be fun but not sure how eating and stuff will go. Monday I get back on track.

Also, this weekend DD has her cheer showcase and basketball assessments. DH is staying with her so she can still do her stuff. DD is not happy with me about it though. She wants DH to go to soccer and me stay with her. She pulled the "you like him better", "you never go to my stuff" and so on. She really knows how to get to me. I was upset and feeling like a horrible parent. After awhile she could tell I was upset. There were other things that upset me to last night it was not just her. I was in a mood. So I told her how she made me feel. She did not like this and told me she never meant for me to feel that way and that I was a great mother. She is an awesome kid but sometimes her anxiety (which some of this acting was because of this. the other was her being tired) is hard to deal with.

November has come in with a bang... we had a wind and rain storm blow thru last night, as far as I can remember the first proper storm of the season.

My plans for the weekend are to get ready for being gone next week, as I leave for N Cal early Monday morning.... I guess I really should look at my itinerary and check which flight I'm on. I need to contact the pet nanny as well, and make my airport parking reservation. Other than that it's cleaning house and packing, and putting together a knitting project to take with me.

Starbucks had all their holiday stuff out this morning.. 'tis the season!

My goal for November is to get back on track enough to be feeling great.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

We also had a lot of wind and rain last night. The lawn is covered in leaves, so we’ll be working on that tomorrow. If we can get them to the curb the borough sends trucks out to suck them up.
Our grandson will stay over Sunday night because his parents have school but he doesn’t-conferences. We’re hoping for a nice day Monday to go fishing but it looks like more rain.
Will put a turkey breast on the grill tomorrow-l love leftovers!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Miserable rainy day today, but got to WW for my monthly weigh in, voted and then managed to get a walk in when the rain let up.

Hope everyone is having a good week-I can’t believe Thanksgiving is two weeks from this Thursday! I’m cooking for our small family this year (we usually travel to my husband’s brother and his wife) but decided to stay home-our daughter and family stay over with us, so I enjoy that. I’m starting to think about side dishes. We have certain ones that have to be made (sweet potato casserole with a pecan and brown sugar topping) but I like to make something new every year.

Do you have favorite holiday dishes that get made every year? Do you try to lighten them up? Or would you rather just have smaller servings of the original recipe?

For Thanksgiving this year, I'm going over to my Brother's, so small gathering. I think SIL will probably want to order a pre-done meal but I fully intend to do the turkey. Thanksgiving turkey is one of the things I can actually cook successfully, so I'm very particular. I like to brine and use the Williams and Sonoma brine mix which has some apple and citrus notes to it. I'll also do the stuffing and am planning on doing one with keto-friendly bread, so low carb and gluten-free. I'll also be doing some sort of dessert, also using a keto-friendly recipe.

Last edited:
I like fixing the turkey as well-my daughter makes my mother’s stuffing recipe and bakes a killer apple pie-which is actually a Cooking Light recipe. If I use a lighter recipe it tends to be an appetizer-I’m doing phyllo cups with dried cranberries, walnuts and honey.
You mix two tablespoons of each and fill the cups-350 degrees for 5 minutes.

Sorry I was MIA for a little bit. I wasn't able to get on over the weekend because of DS's soccer tournament. They didn't win any of the games. That was expected though. This was a rec league playing in a travel/club level teams. But the we all had fun. I was off Monday and Tuesday and just ran around getting errands done.

So I am back at work today and my boss tells us that they are posting a Manager opening in our area. He will still be over us just moving up. He is really trying get me over my anxiety this year. Now I need to find my resume that i haven't seen for 10.5 years.

For Thanksgiving we go to my in-laws then my moms and then my dad's the Saturday after. It will be a busy few days. I only have to have my grandma's stuffing. It is the best but very basic too.

So today is Woohoo Wednesday. I am woohooing having a few days off then only work a week and a half before having off a week. Yeah!!!

Woohoo! It’s Wednesday!
I’m making pea soup in the crockpot, so it’s only 10:30 and dinner is done!

Looks like a nice day, so will get my walk in and then off to the grocery store for a few things.

Have a great day everyone!

It's Wednesday? Totally losing track of time here, being out of the normal routine. Days haven't been crazy at all, a lot of hurry up and wait because we're blocked from doing the work we really need to do, so doing some alternative testing instead. I'm actually hoping we stay blocked tomorrow as well, because then we'll be so far behind that we pretty much have to push out the go-live.

Does anyone have a topic for today? I haven't thought of one yet. It has been a crazy morning. DD woke up with a really bad stomach ache on the lower right side. I took to the minute clinic and there is nothing that they can see. They don't think it is an appendicitis because she does not have any other symptoms. I took her to school and have already received a call that it is getting worse. I don't know if this is anxiety, appendicitis or constipation. I haven't picked her up from school as I think it might just be constipation. The nurse at the school will let me know if she goes back to the her office. I hate not really knowing what is going on.

Thank you. She is doing better. I ended up picking her up from school and taking her to the pediatrician. She is just constipated. No appendicitis. She is doing better today but says it still hurts. Just not as bad.

So today is a free for all. What are your plans for the weekend.

We have nothing scheduled. This is the first time since July I think. Soccer is over and basketball hasn't started yet. Tonight DH and I are going to go on a date. It has been awhile. We are going to work on my resume and cover letter. I am not really good when comes to making myself took good. Then Saturday and Sunday I think we will just get some cleaning done. Some of the stuff that we can't get done on a regular basis.

We have a quiet weekend as well-yesterday was beautiful so got a lot of leaves to the curb for today’s pick up. It’s raining today so went to the library and looked around Kohls a little-not quite ready to start Christmas shopping yet. I do have a couple things for my grandson set aside. Maybe I will wrap them up this weekend and get ahead for once!
I’m trying a new recipe tonight-ground turkey, spinach, tomato sauce and ricotta and mozzarella cheese baked in spaghetti squash (after you roast it and scrape out the strands and mix them with all the other ingredients).
Have a good weekend everyone!

It’s raining today

We got snow today. Our first of the season. Nothing major though it was just wet roads with more slushy snow on the grass and cars. it is supposed to stay cold here now. I need to figure out working out. I was hoping to have this month and most of December without an activity for the kids. Well basketball for DD will start next week. Yay! :crazy2: I was really looking forward to that time off. Oh Well. The kids love it and it is good for them. That is all that matters.

upload_2018-11-12_9-37-22.png

I had always liked watching Jillian Michaels on The Biggest Loser. I have fallen off the wagon a few times and I get back up. I am still not working out but I am eating better.

That’s so true-in the past it was easy to let one “bad” day turn into a bad week. So far I’ve been able to indulge in a higher calorie meal or several meals out when away for the weekend and go back to my normal pattern. Writing things down helps with that. I really don’t want to write down “enormous pumpkin muffin” too many times! :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter