November park hours extending? [Update: Some Nov Hours Updated 10/13]

THis is what I said above, this day in particular. with mk closing early the other parks are all closing by 8 or 9. So everyone on parks will be doing what after 9 pm on a busy week like this? disney springs?! It's concerning not one park is open late that night and even if it's just one you would have another park closed. I hope they're going to change it.

We are going to MK that day since it usually has very low crowds. We have FP+ set up at DHS starting around 5. We will do our FP+ and anything extra we can do. We will then head out for dinner. I suspect the other parks will be very crowded. Disney still has time to extend hours at the other parks if they choose to.

Hello! First post, occasional lurker here.

So back in December I believe I knew when I would have a chance to visit Disney World in November of this year, and I knew I wanted to stay at the Boardwalk, so I got my DVC request in as early as possible. And I was successful! I am staying at the Boardwalk from 11/5 to 11/8. I picked that block (Monday to Wednesday nights) because I knew Epcot tends to have extra magic hours on Tuesdays and I love being the only person on the Figment ride.

Tonight I check the calendar, and I see that not only does Epcot not have late extra magic hours the Tuesday I'm there--and I swear it did the last time I checked, though that may have been a few months ago--Magic Kingdom closes at an incredibly early 4:30 in the afternoon the Monday I'm there, and I don't see an event to explain it. So I guess I've just ran into bad luck hours-wise this trip? That 4:30 MK closing seems quite weird to me...and of course the one November Tuesday I'm there is the only one Epcot isn't open late all month. Guess I'm wondering if anyone has any theories as to why there are these negative calendar changes that Monday and Tuesday. Thanks.

Yeah they've been weird with the EMH lately I think. For the week I'm in the parks (11/1-11/8) there are no late EMH at all except at Epcot on the 8th. MK doesn't have any morning or evening EMH listed that week, and 11/4 doesn't have EMH at any park. I've been keeping track since they released the hours and they haven't changed EMH for that week at all.

Yeah they've been weird with the EMH lately I think. For the week I'm in the parks (11/1-11/8) there are no late EMH at all except at Epcot on the 8th. MK doesn't have any morning or evening EMH listed that week, and 11/4 doesn't have EMH at any park. I've been keeping track since they released the hours and they haven't changed EMH for that week at all.

While I don’t know this for a fact, my assumption is they rearrange MK PM EMHs that week because they are using the overnight time to decorate for MVMCP (which starts 11/8) and they probably find it more convenient (read, cheaper) to start that work as soon as they can overnight. They did the same thing (odd MK EMH schedule) last year during that week too.

Could be other reasons too, just a theory.

There are two AM EMH Monday 11/5 at AK and DHS. I read that they didn’t want AM EMH at DHS 11/4 due to the races that weekend.

I'll be there the same week. I think I read somewhere that MK is closing for a cast member-only event. On the plus side, I bet MK will be pretty empty that day!

They also had this party last November! It went quite late into the night- lots of loud music!!

We are going to MK that day since it usually has very low crowds. We have FP+ set up at DHS starting around 5. We will do our FP+ and anything extra we can do. We will then head out for dinner. I suspect the other parks will be very crowded. Disney still has time to extend hours at the other parks if they choose to.

I think a lot of people are doing that, we are too. I keep trying to get an FP for SDD either Sunday or Monday evening since we are in HS both nights. Sunday I can still get TSM and A2S but Monday night neither have other times available. I have a feeling it'll be a busy night there Monday. Would be nice if it was open til 9 instead of 8 but we'll get in line for SDD before close if I can't get an fp, so in that regard the 8 is kind of nice.

I think a lot of people are doing that, we are too. I keep trying to get an FP for SDD either Sunday or Monday evening since we are in HS both nights. Sunday I can still get TSM and A2S but Monday night neither have other times available. I have a feeling it'll be a busy night there Monday. Would be nice if it was open til 9 instead of 8 but we'll get in line for SDD before close if I can't get an fp, so in that regard the 8 is kind of nice.

We arrive 11/2 and at my 60 days there wasn't any SDD on 11/5. Luckily I got it twice (two separate days) towards the end of our trip. I may also get in line for it at the end of the night on 11/5 too!

Did anyone happen to see if extra FP were released for the week before Thanksgiving (10-16)? I was busy yesterday and wasn't able to check as often as I would like but since it seems like Thanksgiving week hours extended before the hours the week before, I'm hoping FP will be the same! Still hunting for FOP!
I just checked and modified my FOP fastpasses from a noontime hour to early morning on the 21st of November. So, they're still out there as of this morning. Snatch them up quick!!!

I just checked and modified my FOP fastpasses from a noontime hour to early morning on the 21st of November. So, they're still out there as of this morning. Snatch them up quick!!!

We are only there until the 16th, but I'm glad you were able to get what worked for you! I am still on the prowl lol

I posted this on its own thread but thought maybe I should post here too. Lots of SDMT FPs are now available on Nov 7. I was able to modify from 5pm to 11:20 pm! If anyone sees any SDMT FP availability open on Nov 8 I would love a heads up!

I posted this on its own thread but thought maybe I should post here too. Lots of SDMT FPs are now available on Nov 7. I was able to modify from 5pm to 11:20 pm! If anyone sees any SDMT FP availability open on Nov 8 I would love a heads up!

I wonder why on the 7th. We have one for the 8th before MVMCP but i wanted to change the time.

I wonder why on the 7th. We have one for the 8th before MVMCP but i wanted to change the time.
I have no idea! I thought I was seeing it wrong. Every time I check there’s nothing and suddenly I had my pick of times! I too want to modify our SDMT on the 8th. I just saw on here that someone’s Nov 14 SDMT FP was cancelled! I hope there’s not an error in the system allowing extra FP and then canceling some.

I have no idea! I thought I was seeing it wrong. Every time I check there’s nothing and suddenly I had my pick of times! I too want to modify our SDMT on the 8th. I just saw on here that someone’s Nov 14 SDMT FP was cancelled! I hope there’s not an error in the system allowing extra FP and then canceling some.
Maybe because hours were extended on the 7th, they added FPs or people started switching them around. I told my friend to check b/c she is there on the 7th and had a really late 7D, but she's not as "crazy" as me and never checked!

Maybe because hours were extended on the 7th, they added FPs or people started switching them around. I told my friend to check b/c she is there on the 7th and had a really late 7D, but she's not as "crazy" as me and never checked!

I forgot they extended hours that day.

i will be there also nov. 7th but am happy with my current fp's for mk that evening. the hours were extended that day?

I was hoping the hours would have been changed to an 8am opening which would probably have shifted FP around but I didn’t think a change in closing would affect morning FP so much! Either way, I’m happy about it! Hope your friend is able to modify to earlier too! The 9 to 10pm close doesn’t help us much. Our 3 kids are under 7 and will be worn out after HEA I’m sure!

I was hoping the hours would have been changed to an 8am opening which would probably have shifted FP around but I didn’t think a change in closing would affect morning FP so much! Either way, I’m happy about it! Hope your friend is able to modify to earlier too! The 9 to 10pm close doesn’t help us much. Our 3 kids are under 7 and will be worn out after HEA I’m sure!
I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for 8 am openings! But I'm losing hope based on people's opinions. We love early mornings in the parks.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for 8 am openings! But I'm losing hope based on people's opinions. We love early mornings in the parks.
Yes!! I really thought it would be an 8am opening on nov 7 and 8 because the same days last year (the wed and thurs of the first Christmas party week) were 8am openings. With the change to a 10pm close on nov 7 I’ve sort of given up hope on the 8am opening, but there’s still a chance for Nov 8!

Yes!! I really thought it would be an 8am opening on nov 7 and 8 because the same days last year (the wed and thurs of the first Christmas party week) were 8am openings. With the change to a 10pm close on nov 7 I’ve sort of given up hope on the 8am opening, but there’s still a chance for Nov 8!

That entire week last year had 8 am opening at MK. But they didn't have any EMM at MK that week and this year they do. Instead of giving you the early opening for free now you gotta pay for it. Surprise.....surprise....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter