November park hours extending? [Update: Some Nov Hours Updated 10/13]

I just got an email from touring plans that MK park hours are extended the week I’m there in November. No 8 am openings though.

I will take the 1 am EMH on 11/10!

Same, @mi*vida*loca — I’ve really been expecting 8am opens on the Tuesdays and Thursdays (without EMM, of course). They’ve done that the past two years when we’ve been there the week before T-giving. I absolutely won’t mind if they don’t change (I can then do a PPO BOG on a non-EMM day); just very surprised!

Same, @mi*vida*loca — I’ve really been expecting 8am opens on the Tuesdays and Thursdays (without EMM, of course). They’ve done that the past two years when we’ve been there the week before T-giving. I absolutely won’t mind if they don’t change (I can then do a PPO BOG on a non-EMM day); just very surprised!

Once they added EMM at MK I didn't expect any 8 am openings. I really wanted DAH but that didn't happen either. :(

I'm wondering if Disney is expecting lower crowds than last year. I know a lot of people speculated that November of last year was more crowded due to people rescheduling from the hurricanes.

MK closure during Thanksgiving week extended to 11:00. Was really counting on Midnight. Also, no changes to the other parks. If no additional updates made that is very disappointing.

I liked it when the hours during Thanksgiving week they were open till midnight every night and the Sunday before was open till 3 am with magic hours.

Ok, so I am seeing that the week of Thanksgiving has AK hours till 8pm but they have the Rivers of Light scheduled at 6:30, 8:00 & 9:15pm each night. But yet still lists park closing at 8pm?

Ok, so I am seeing that the week of Thanksgiving has AK hours till 8pm but they have the Rivers of Light scheduled at 6:30, 8:00 & 9:15pm each night. But yet still lists park closing at 8pm?
I just checked that after seeing your post. Honestly, I would take that as a sign of extended evening hours for AK. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, since I want to try for FoP evening FP around 8 pm or so. But Thanksgiving week crowds, for me that Saturday? Extended hours HAS to happen, you'd think.

Did not see that. Definitely sounds as if there will be extended hours there. Good news.

I just checked that after seeing your post. Honestly, I would take that as a sign of extended evening hours for AK. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, since I want to try for FoP evening FP around 8 pm or so. But Thanksgiving week crowds, for me that Saturday? Extended hours HAS to happen, you'd think.

I have a FP for FoP that Saturday night 7-8pm but it's my only FP the entire day!
We are going to a Typhoon Lagoon and then dinner at Ohana's followed by an evening at AK until I went to make my FP for that day and realized that they park closes at 8pm LOL. I went ahead and made the FoP because it was the only day I could get one but I am hoping to add other FP for after it. The planning side of me is having trouble sleeping knowing I have only ONE FP on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend! Wish they would stop with the suspense.

Thanks for the heads up. Happy to see extended hours during our trip. Wish the other parks would extend too...

I have a FP for FoP that Saturday night 7-8pm but it's my only FP the entire day!
We are going to a Typhoon Lagoon and then dinner at Ohana's followed by an evening at AK until I went to make my FP for that day and realized that they park closes at 8pm LOL. I went ahead and made the FoP because it was the only day I could get one but I am hoping to add other FP for after it. The planning side of me is having trouble sleeping knowing I have only ONE FP on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend! Wish they would stop with the suspense.

Just got a TP email that AK is now open until 9 that night! Hope you can get another FP!

Even with the added hours, MK and AK are still scheduled to close an hour earlier than last season during Thanksgiving week.

The most recent update changed MK's closing from 9 pm to 10 pm a few nights while we're there (during Jersey week). If none of the other parks have changes in that update, is it likely they won't change? I'm hoping it's a sign that crowds are going to be lower than expected!

They just added fast pass times for 7dmt on a recently extended MK day, 12/8. Every other attraction had their times added but that one yesterday. Checked this morning and lots of times available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter