November 24th, 2018 6-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from New York to San Juan

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We booked this last year, and had to cancel because I needed an operation. Well, I am healthy, and sailing out of NYC on DCL is something my DH, Tom really wants to do, so we booked it again, using a placeholder. I have sailed on DCL out of NYC on the 2016 DVC Member Cruise when I went with a friend, so now we will do it together.

We are Platinum, and 2018 is special for us, it’s our 50th Wedding Anniversary year, and we have planned lots of special things this year.

On many other DCL cruises, I have organized a Local Candy/Snack Exchange, and would Happily organize one on this cruise. We hand out local, regional, or statewide treats one time and print out something about them. We give enough for the cabin to share. The treats are distributed into our Fish Extenders. It’s fun to give and receive! I do ask if there are any allergies. The number in a group could be between 6-11, over 11, I would split the group.

Any interest?? At this point, just mention interest. I will collect stateroom numbers and info about the number in your cabin, any allergies starting in October. I will ask for information via a “ conversation “ here.

If anyone joining here would like to start a gift Fish Extender group, post on the thread and I will mention the fact here.

If anyone wants to meet for breakfast on one of the Sea Days in a dining room, post in this thread, and I will mention here.

Tom and I were in Puerto Rico on the Wonder earlier in March. We booked a day at the Marriott resort, and enjoyed the day so much that webwant to spend a night there after disembarking the Magic. We have been to PR many times, but this was the first after the hurricane hit so bad. Many places are still not operating. That’s sad.

The beach in March. Seeing the fort as we left. It will be early morning when we get to see the fort while on this cruise!

2196D6F5-7645-48CC-8590-A42DCF46E375.jpeg 46511BC5-8809-464E-8AB7-D836AFCEE889.jpeg C199EEB2-57DB-453D-AC5E-C164CDEC0545.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi! We are new to Disney Cruising (tho not new to Disney World) and have just recently learned about Fish Extenders! Would love to join in the fun!!

Hi! We are contemplating this cruise - will book by the end of the week. Do we know if a facebook group has been started?

Hi, we are just trying to decide which cruise to pick : Nov 17th Eastern Carribbean on the Fantasy or this one, Nov 24 on the Magic.
We would love to cruise from New York but also love the warm days at sea, that we had cruising from Port Canaveral. Does anybody have an idea, how long it takes approximately, until the Magic on this cruise hits warmer water/weather, so that one can enjoy the days at sea on deck, relaxing in a lounge chair?
I now this might sound silly, but I have no idea what to expect weatherwise.... . What do you usually do on sea days on deck, except enjoying the view and the beautiful weather? We love so much being outside , that all the different indoor activities are not so very much for us.
Thanks a lot for some ideas that might help us choosing „our“ cruise !

Hi, we are just trying to decide which cruise to pick : Nov 17th Eastern Carribbean on the Fantasy or this one, Nov 24 on the Magic.
We would love to cruise from New York but also love the warm days at sea, that we had cruising from Port Canaveral. Does anybody have an idea, how long it takes approximately, until the Magic on this cruise hits warmer water/weather, so that one can enjoy the days at sea on deck, relaxing in a lounge chair?
I now this might sound silly, but I have no idea what to expect weatherwise.... . What do you usually do on sea days on deck, except enjoying the view and the beautiful weather? We love so much being outside , that all the different indoor activities are not so very much for us.
According to my friend who was on the cruise last year, on the second sea day there were people in the pools.

Great pics bobbiwoz!
Will be going on this cruise.
Interested in FE.
Thanks for creating this link.

Great pics bobbiwoz!
Will be going on this cruise.
Interested in FE.
Thanks for creating this link.
:welcome:

I organize a Local Candy/Snack Exchange....if you want to join that, great! As far as I know, there is not a general Fish Exchange group set up yet.

According to my friend who was on the cruise last year, on the second sea day there were people in the pools.

Any other tidbits about this sailing from last year? I've been trying to find info and haven't found anything online

Local Candy/Snack Exchange interest? Just mention here!

bobbiwoz

Yes fairly active FE but not here, so you'll have to do a quick search for it
We just booked this cruise and I can't find a Facebook page or fish extender group. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

We have done both the Panama Canal and Transatlantic which both have tons of sea days, some on the cooler side. There are always fun activities for all ages to join in, as well as movies.

We have done both the Panama Canal and Transatlantic which both have tons of sea days, some on the cooler side. There are always fun activities for all ages to join in, as well as movies.

Agree!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter