November 2020

DH and DD don't really have a work from home option so I am really hoping quarantine restrictions won't still be happening then, or at least they would have the option to take Covid tests in lieu of quarantine - but I will keep planning :)
-I see you are from CT - NY here obviously given my username :) That 14 day quarantine whether one feels it's a good idea or not is really wrecking havoc on those of us up here traveling! Luckily I work from home and DH can work from home; DS14 will most likely still be all virtual and if he's IN school it'll only be 2 days/week and he can just do those from home. DS18 comes home from college the day before we leave and is home until January.
My guess unfortunately, and I don't want to get political, but I don't think at least for NY that Florida will be off the list at all for 2020 regardless of how good their numbers get. Maybe you'll have better luck with Lamont if he decides not to stick so close to Cuomo at some point since NY NJ and CT still seem to do a few things together!

Book for mid-Nov, just my hubby and me. Could not resist the $49 each way airfare from LAX! We have only been to WDW once 15 years ago and didn’t stay on property, I know so much has changed since we were there so I am back here to learn! We are staying 6 nights at Coronado Springs with 4 days of park tickets, although we have an unused day from our last trip(done on purpose).
Will probably be at the parks Sat/Sun and Tues/Wed, any suggestions on which days are better for each park.

We always avoid Epcot and Hollywood on the weekends, and while the crowds are significantly lower these days, I’m going to do Epcot mid-week. Have fun - and we love Coronado (though we are partial to the tower).

Okay switched our plans from Disneyland to Disneyworld. Bonnet Creek Nov 8th - 15th, we will have 6 park days. Looking for some help with park days.

This is what I was thinking: starting Nov 9th Mon Epcot, Tue HS, Wed MK, Thu HS, Fri AK, Sat MK.
2 older adults - we still love Disney in our 50's. Arrive on Sunday and leave on Sunday. Wondering if I should swap the Mon Epcot and Sat MK?

-I see you are from CT - NY here obviously given my username :) That 14 day quarantine whether one feels it's a good idea or not is really wrecking havoc on those of us up here traveling! Luckily I work from home and DH can work from home; DS14 will most likely still be all virtual and if he's IN school it'll only be 2 days/week and he can just do those from home. DS18 comes home from college the day before we leave and is home until January.
My guess unfortunately, and I don't want to get political, but I don't think at least for NY that Florida will be off the list at all for 2020 regardless of how good their numbers get. Maybe you'll have better luck with Lamont if he decides not to stick so close to Cuomo at some point since NY NJ and CT still seem to do a few things together!
The quarantine rules feel somewhat arbitrary which is the only reason they are frustrating me - like a positive covid test within 3 months is ok but antibody test not. You can't go to work - DH doesn't always interact with others at work - but you can go to the grocery store. Ok then lol. At this point I am hoping maybe he can grab extra hours at his second job (he can use zoom for that job) and honestly oldest DD never takes time off from work and maybe a longer break would be good for her. Either way we have decided to really start planning for this one though. 18 year old came upstairs this morning to ask me if they are still selling mugs even though there is no dining plan. I told him I appreciate his enthusiasm for Disney questions at 7am lol I'm glad we may finally celebrate his 18th and graduation!

Tomorrow I am making ADRs so trying to finalize plans today.

I dreamt about our trip last night so my brain is ready to start making plans apparently.

ADR day tomorrow! I already got two through Open Table for The Boathouse and City Works Eatery at DS. Other than those, we are going to make one at La Hacienda de San Angel as a “just in case the F&W Festival ends before we get there” backup, one at Ale & Compass (would have rather done Flying Fish since we will be at BWV but that’s still closed, and we want something in that general area after our HS day), Oga’s for a drink, and a brunch ressie at Grand Floridian Cafe so my sis and I can convince our hubbies that we need to stay at GF next time. :P Sis and her hubby are leaving a day before my hubby and I, so he and I are going to try Yak & Yeti for lunch... I think he will love the ahi tuna nachos.

My ADR day is here! I got everything I wanted, though I had to modify party size and times quite a bit. Homecomin', Hollywood and Vine, Ogas, Kona Cafe, Skipper's Canteen, Chef Mickeys, Yak and Yeti and Tiffins. I wasn't able to get Topolino's but my window for that ressie was very small.

Got my ressies this morning! Interestingly, La Hacienda de San Angel was grayed out on the calendar for Nov 16-18... I wonder if they may be planning a special event? I know they do that for Food & Wine events. San Angel Inn was not grayed out but didn’t have any availability after 5 pm, so I got a ressie at Rose & Crown instead. It’s at 6:50 so with the park closing at 7, we will be some of the last out. :-)

ADR day! I'm very happy with what I got. Breakfast at Trattoria al Forna, and dinners at Topolino's, Boathouse, Chef Art's (that one is always *so* hard to get), and ... drum roll ... dinner on the last night at Cindy's Table at 6:50 pm! We've not eaten at the castle in decades, but we love MK at night, and figured that this would be the most magical end to the trip.

Hi everyone! We are going Nov 4th to the 11th and staying in the tower at CSR.
It'll be our first time at this resort.
Our ADR day went really good. I'm on the west coast so I got up at 3 am and was able to book everything I wanted. I've made some changes since then and will probably tweak it until we board the plane! I can't seem to leave well enough alone.

Hi everyone! We are going Nov 4th to the 11th and staying in the tower at CSR.
It'll be our first time at this resort.
Our ADR day went really good. I'm on the west coast so I got up at 3 am and was able to book everything I wanted. I've made some changes since then and will probably tweak it until we board the plane! I can't seem to leave well enough alone.

I do the same - sometimes even with resorts! GDT is one of our absolute favorite places to stay. Have a great trip!

My ADR day isn't until the 26th and then I'll be making them from our room at Boulder Ridge :goodvibes Thanksgiving is just about the only time we even make ADR's right when we can, I have ideas jotted down but nothing is set in stone until I get it lol. Only request from our youngest DS is Narcoossee's and we're also eating there next Wednesday for DH's birthday. We like to mix in a few "new to us" restaurants with favorites each trip but the "new to us" places are getting less and less lol, so going with some possible "new to the kids" places DH and I have been to already like Skipper Canteen.

Third time's the charm right? We did our ADR's for our Thanksgiving week trip this morning. First time we made them, the trip was supposed to be in July but fell in the closure period, second time was when we originally moved our trip to November and the ADR window was still 180 days. Those were all cancelled by Disney when it went to the 60 day window, so hopefully they stick this time lol. We got everything we wanted... Oga's, Droid Build, Lightsaber Build, Sci Fi, Beaches and Cream, Thanksgiving at Liberty Tree, the Seasonal Dining at Hollywood and Vine (not really completely sold on this one though as I'm not a huge fan of this restaurant but really want the character dining aspect), Yak & Yeti, Via Napoli, and Chef Mickey's. Thought about doing Cinderella's Royal Table, but just couldn't justify the high price with the limited menu and no characters.

Thought about doing Cinderella's Royal Table, but just couldn't justify the high price with the limited menu and no characters.

Looks like you’ll have a great trip! The lack of princesses at the castle is actually a plus for us, and we like what’s left on the menu. We do like meeting the characters, but not as much during a meal.

Third time's the charm right?
We had to do this multiple times as well. Spring Break -> May -> Thanksgiving x2! Glad you got everything. We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted:

Liberty Tree Tavern
Sanaa
The Wave
Topolino's Terrace
Mama Melrose
Homecomin'
Via Napoli
Teppan Edo
Hollywood Brown Derby
Trattoria al Forno
Beaches & Cream
Oga's
Droid Depot

Looking forward to going 😃

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter