November 2018...who will be there?

Hi Gloria if the fire pit is not in use we would like it. We are planning early dinner tomorrow so sitting out with a campfire would be great. We are probably heading out soon to Epcot.

FYI....The water parks and Spirit of Aloha are closed Nov 27 & 28 due to cold temperatures.

The Rock Star has that "Let the Adoration Begin",look on her face. Reminds me of our trip a few years back where 2 young girls were just Fascinated with WookieBear and Maggie. Well they went home before we did and the first day they were gone when we passed their site the girls refused to move on. They looked at the now empty site, then at me, back at the site followed by barking at me. I swear they expected me to make them come back.

Last edited:

3A02BD09-1DB3-4460-A830-4D0911DEA2AC.jpeg C2A6FA24-B1A3-40A3-8062-3F892DAA52C4.jpeg We arrived yesterday around 1:30pm. Site 1616, long way to CS, longer to bus stop. It’s cold. Got most set up and drove to camp store for a few items.
Today we went to Epcot- it’s still cold to me. We took bus, but realized we should have driven - less time standing waiting on bus back to the fort.

Ok going to try and catch up a bit with my mini trip reports. Monday we went to Epcot. Enjoyed vacation. We road a few things, spaceship earth and soarin but also got a cute magic shot.

D6D8C032-6C56-4EED-AD79-D3B7ACE31489.jpeg

Then skipper canteen for dinner and HEA. That was the original plan dinner then fireworks, then at dinner was exhausted so new plan was skip fireworks. However we left the restaurant and it was only 10 more minutes till fireworks so we stayed. Glad we did I like HEA, but I don’t usually stay up late enough for fireworks.

Tuesday was fun. We ran a tad late because it was a tad colder Tuesday. You will see by the pics the temperature changes. Then off to AK. We did FOP and then went to Maharaja Jungle trek. I wanted to see the tigers, then we were supposed to go on safari. Got to tiger enclosure and cast members were in the enclosure. I knew no tigers were out but wanted to know what was going on.

Apparently Earl the Peacock flew the coupe from the Up Bird show. He flew to the top rail of tiger enclosure. CMs did an emergency recall of tigers, bummed I missed that, and then they were trying to get earl.

A5496AF6-32CF-4C5F-B047-C13FF61166E1.jpeg

He is in blue off to the right in this pic.

D8ED69B0-F03A-4501-8C12-0D1CAF71B9A7.jpeg

We skipped the safari FP and hoped Earl would come down. We finally left at 3:50 because we had Tiffin’s dinner ressie to get to. I assume they got Earl back but am sure after the trek was shut down at 5.

FD9D9ABA-8AD2-4876-AAC1-408D971BC087.jpeg

Tuesday night we used that fire pit. It was cold. Mallory liked laying by it.

Wednesday it was cold, was glad it was a rest day. We ate breakfast at Trails End, then some errands and went to Hollywood studios. Road ToT, RnR, and slinky dog. Have to say slinky dog was pretty cute. Ilikeit better than mine train.

CCBF37BD-4725-461A-9F04-394B09E88B7E.jpeg

Notice the extra layers. I was not feeling great tonight so after dinner at flying fish just stayed inside. Am not sure Mallory was happy about that but it was cold. She did get pets on her walk.

Tomorrow it should warm back up during the day, but the run will start a little later to try and get some warmth.

Love the Magic shot in EPCOT Good thing you didn't have Mallory with or she would gone crazy trying to protect you guys from another incident like Bert had on your arrival day.

If someone has time could you post the Dec movie and recreation schedule? TIA.

I have a bunch to update because we had a great day on Thursday. Today started a little nuts but worked out and finally finished getting ready to pull out tomorrow. This trip was all about the parks since the AP expires in dec and we won’t renew for a while. Have other things like the golf shores meet and hiking the AT to do. The good part is we will be back in 5 weeks for the marathon. Two weeks at the fort and probably one park day.

Hope to update later or Sunday once we are back.

I am super excited about how our Thursday went so will get started. First at the 60 day mark booking FP, I got one day for slinky dog and then I scooped up an FOP every day I could, which was Tuesday though Friday. The thought being easier to drop it once I figured the rest of my days out than to pick it up. Plus we just love the ride.

The plan was FOP at 1:35, then evening at Epcot. Had dining ressie at 7:30 at Monsiur Paul. Plan was to watch CP, eat, then our favorite fireworks Illuminations. On Wednesday I realized with one FP booked I could not try for anything later at Epcot, so that night I booked two throw away FP at AK. One for ITTBAB at 9 and another for primeval whirl at 11:45. This way after FOP I could see what was available at Epcot.

Thursday started off cold. Had to wait till 9 to run. Bert ran well and I struggled but hit my paces, was a tempo day, Thursday is hard run day for me. Just thankful I got it done. While running got a message from Disney that ITTBAB was down, so had an anytime FP for anything other than pandora rides. That was great now we could do safari before FOP. After eating leftovers in the rig, about to head out since we could do safari and guess what? Same thing with primeval whirl. Now that meant EE as well. I needed to use the FP so I could try for a 4th FP at Epcot.

In 2 hours at AK, did the big three KS, FOP, and EE. Next was hungry it was only 2:30. Off to nomad loung for bread service, charcuterie, and a glass of wine.

My intent for the day was run, hang out with Mallory outside, FOP, then more Mallory time. She got a little short changed in the morning but back after AK to hang out outside for 2.5 hours. So far, got a run, lots done at AK and Mallory time with a good walk and lots of pets.

While at nomad lounge I got a FP for illuminations, at the time did not realize how awesome that would be.

Finishing up Thursday. Mallory actually had a good walk. She needed help but a lot of people were out so she was getting lots of pets. At 6:15 we headed to Epcot, listened to what we could of CP and at 7:20 we headed to dinner. I had not eaten at Monsiur Paul in quite a few years. It is expensive and we have had some good French food here in atlanta that I was concerned the food would be meh with a big price tag. Bert had tuna and I had beef tenderloin. I have to admit my steak was cooked to perfection, medium rare, and I had a good quality piece of beef. Overall we did enjoy dinner, for a French restaurant the wine selection was meh, but overall better than I anticipated. I would still not recommend this restaurant to people, as there are others that I think are a lot better and cost the same or less, Flying Fish, but it was good.

Next we headed around world showcase to the illuminations FP area. First we love illuminations, our first trip we were told the best place to be (which is now the FP area), and saw it most nights. Prior to the rig, we normally stayed at the boardwalk area so we watched illuminations almost every night and then it was a quick walk back to the hotel so I could be in bed by 10. With the rig and dogs, we basically stopped nighttime fireworks, too hard, too late,etc. However illuminations will not be running after this winter season, so we had to see it. We had a great spot and I remember how much I love that show.

That was the nightcap for our great Thursday.

Friday we did something new.

Friday was a bit rough, we wanted to have breakfast, while I love TE for bf, I will be able to do that in January. We decided to give Tusker House a try for three reasons.

1. It gets good recommendations for a buffet from dissers.
2. We had never done it before.
3. We had. 10:50 FP for FOP so we wanted to get to AK anyways now it solved BF.

Only problem was the ressie was for 9:30, I had to run Friday morning since Saturday would turn into the rest day. after getting home at 10:15 after illuminations (which I thought we did good) was still not asleep early. That meant getting up early to get my run in. We managed but did not show up to restaurant till 9:45. It was not an issue we were seated shortly.

E41B0EBC-DEF1-4A87-B2B6-63E85CDC36AE.jpeg

429C9723-0C0B-4ACA-9CB6-FC098EFFF06E.jpeg

It had been a very long time since we did a character buffet...... and we know why. It was loud, very, very LOUD. It is also very expensive. Glad we did it since it was all about the parks this trip, but definitely won’t be doing many character meals anytime soon. I will say our server was very good and the food was good as well. We liked the venue. It’s just a bit much for us.

We went on FOP and then it was time to go back and start shutting down. It takes us a while to shut down but we do almost everything the night before so we can get started early when we leave.

We did have time before our TE dinner to visit the castle in the 700 loop. Wow is all I can say.

B5051D7D-0755-4CCB-AF4B-23DAFCFBBEEF.jpeg

995E9C91-44C3-4D44-8B33-3DB14042ED47.jpeg

128A3643-0EBC-46F0-A16A-8122EACAC6DB.jpeg

We did awesome today. We pulled out of the site at 7:15, goal was 7. We were hooked up and officially leaving at 7:30. That is a miracle for us. We took the flyover and that early was no issue. We made great time and had no rain for the first hour of the drive. The rest of the drive was constant rain. Thanfully it was not severe weather just rain, sometimes light sometimes heavy for the next 8 hours. The traffic was also pretty light so that helped.

Mallory was very happy in the beginning, I guess she was happy to go home :(

9356118B-34E5-4B45-8838-89359C1FEFE2.jpeg

I think she was excited to look out the big window.

We only stopped twice. This was the second stop.

E7682701-DFBD-4324-B653-318D20FA922E.jpeg

We got the rig to storage in 8 hours and pulled into the garage at the condo in 9 hours. It was a great job by Bert. It was exhausting for him since the rain never let up.

On the positive we will be back at Disney in 5 weeks.

Yeah,

Driving in the rain is both-hands-on-the-wheel all the way and watching around you for the-other-guy. It can be tiring. So a helmet tap (h/t) goes to Bert. :drive:

I'll be down in the Central Florida area between Christmas and New Years but won't be going to WDW. So you two run fast, stay healthy, and I hope the weather cooperates with your training between now-and-then and the Disney events too.

I'll have my popcorn out while I follow.popcorn::

ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!