November 2018 Discount Watch

Hi all, has anyone worked with a TA to book in hopes of making it easier to get free dining or room only discounts applied after the fact? Tried on my own last year to modify our res and apply room only but it was gone by the time I got a CM on the phone. Don't want to wait any longer to book AKL for our late Nov trip since rooms are booking up fast. Thanks!

Last year was our family's first ever trip. 5 of us with 2 rooms. (My parents, me, DH and 10 yo DD) We paid for dxdp for us 3 and split all of our credits with all 5. We still had snack credits left right before checking out and slent them on snacks for the plain. We got to try a lot of different food we normally wouldn't have the chance to try. But.....

I will never do a dxdp or any dining plan with table service again. Why?

1) I felt like I was pressured to put down that 20% tip everytime. Until my mom said, stop it! These prices are so inflated, even a 10% tip on every meal of ours was $15 to $20. I used to be a server and I remember those days. I know no one forced my hand to tip and we did tip well for good service but 5 meals on a dxdp ran us MINIMAL $120.00 + tip. Btw...our worst service was at Brown Derby.

2) So much food. 3 ts credits for 3 of us for 9 days was 81 credits split 5 ways and still felt like we needed to have a sit down twice a day to get the value for it.

3) We were using up so much valuable "play" time sitting and eating or waiting for our checks. Proabably spent 3 to 4 hours a days going to, eating, waiting for check, and leaving a restaurant.

Now we paid for our plan. It was not free. We wanted to "go all out" on our first trip and we regret getting the plan. I am sure it is great for those who are foodies. And we needed to get sit down ressies to get the value out of our plan. But if we ever do another dining plan, we would to quick service so there is no commitment to reservations.

Unfortunately we probably wont be able to get free dining this year since our trip is end of oct and beginning of november. And from what I have read our dates will probably be blacked out....and we are going to be at All-Star Movies. Maybe room-only discount will show up and that would be a plus! We are doing disney on a budget this time so even with no dining plan, I think we will be much happier and will have a lot more time to "do disney"!
I would never pay for any DP. If it's free, I'll certainly take it but we can eat cheaper OOP and not feel stuffed all the time either. I'm hoping for FD for our November trip though!

I was awaiting Free Dining as we check in on the 24th... but at the Poly. So now we’re hoping for as good of a room discount as possible. With 4 Disney “adults” FD would’ve been the best deal but we want the Poly no question

I sure do hope that the dates that are rumored for free dining in November are incorrect. They sure are slim and I'd love to see them expanded to dates similar to last year's offer.

I have seen a lot of FB chatter about Free Dining being announced very very soon. Any ideas as to what dates are being rumored?

I've heard confirmed that the Free Dining booking dates are April 24-July 7. Travel dates - 8/20-9/29; 11/24-11/27; 12/7-12/23. Minimum 4 night stay, minimum 4 day PH or PH+, Value and Mod receive QSDP, Deluxe receives DDP.
Resort exclusions are still unconfirmed.

I've heard confirmed that the Free Dining booking dates are April 24-July 7. Travel dates - 8/20-9/29; 11/24-11/27; 12/7-12/23. Minimum 4 night stay, minimum 4 day PH or PH+, Value and Mod receive QSDP, Deluxe receives DDP.
Resort exclusions are still unconfirmed.
where did you hear this? I would think "confirmed" meant disclosed and I've heard nothing yet.

where did you hear this? I would think "confirmed" meant disclosed and I've heard nothing yet.
nothing is confirmed until the offer actually drops until then it's rumor, conjecture, educated guess.

Love your profile picture, I am from MA and a huge Patriots fan

Ok so now I wait for RO discounts. Our dates didn’t work for free dining.

I had so hoped that more November dates would be offered but it was a no go for us as well. We travel the week before and leave on the 24th which is, of course, when the free dining promo starts.

Does anyone know if the FD release means that there will be no room discounts for November? I'm going November 1 - 11 and was hoping for some room discounts but I didn't know if they were released later than FD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter