November 2018 Car Rental Watch

Just booked a minivan this evening for 11/10-11/17, through Alamo. Insider Membership + Costco Contract ID + Coupon Code (the one above from Mandi) = $451.19 total. Hoping for something better and I need to check some other rental companies -- as well as price out rentals with my husband's USAA discount code -- but we found our best price two years ago through Alamo (using Insider + Costco + a coupon code).

I know you posted this a while back but we are going the same dates and have booked a minvan thru Alamo with those same codes and I rebooked yesterday at $380.14 :)

I know you posted this a while back but we are going the same dates and have booked a minvan thru Alamo with those same codes and I rebooked yesterday at $380.14 :)

Thanks for the heads-up, @Dis5150! Unfortunately, I didn't see your post until today (I thought I had my watched threads set to email me anytime there's a response...need to go check on that). In any case... Is $380.14 your total with taxes, fees, etc? If so, that's fantastic! I just rebooked, but it's only a $5 savings over my February booking :P. The base price for today's booking was $382.02; $434.22 total with taxes/fees

[I had already rebooked later the same night as my initial booking, in order to use the AD2823JAZ $25-off coupon instead, which brought total price down to $439.47 ($387.52 base) instead of $451.19 ($387.52 base)]

Thanks for the heads-up, @Dis5150! Unfortunately, I didn't see your post until today (I thought I had my watched threads set to email me anytime there's a response...need to go check on that). In any case... Is $380.14 your total with taxes, fees, etc? If so, that's fantastic! I just rebooked, but it's only a $5 savings over my February booking :P. The base price for today's booking was $382.02; $434.22 total with taxes/fees

[I had already rebooked later the same night as my initial booking, in order to use the AD2823JAZ $25-off coupon instead, which brought total price down to $439.47 ($387.52 base) instead of $451.19 ($387.52 base)]

Yes that is my total with all fees. Hopefully the prices will come down again. I am hoping they come down even further as we get closer!

For those who book through Costco, keep clearing the cookies from your devices, and check every couple days. I always book as soon as I see a price I can live with, then cancel and rebook with every price drop. The price drops have saved us a considerable amount every year.

We booked an Alamo standard through Costco at the beginning of March for 11/20-11/25 for $252. Haven't checked back to see if it has changed.

Which rental companies are on airport property? When renting my 1st car ever I unknowingly booked one that needed a shuttle and it took a long time to get the car. That was in D.C., so have any of you taken a shuttle to rental cars and found that it was a short amount of time added?

Which rental companies are on airport property? When renting my 1st car ever I unknowingly booked one that needed a shuttle and it took a long time to get the car. That was in D.C., so have any of you taken a shuttle to rental cars and found that it was a short amount of time added?

Advantage, Alamo, Dollar, Budget, Hertz, National, Payless, Avis, Enterprise and Thrifty are all in terminal.

Our 15 day standard with Alamo is climbing through the roof.
We booked at $501.62 - or a base rate of $210.53/week.
Anyone have or see a lower base rate?
This might be the best we end up doing.

Joining this thread! I am holding two reservations with Costco/Alamo and I'm not happy with either of them. $273 for an Intermediate and $360 for a Standard. 11/3-11/10.
We usually travel the week before Easter and I've never paid anywhere near these prices. Nuts!

Joining this thread! I am holding two reservations with Costco/Alamo and I'm not happy with either of them. $273 for an Intermediate and $360 for a Standard. 11/3-11/10.
We usually travel the week before Easter and I've never paid anywhere near these prices. Nuts!

I think this was the highest I have ever seen it and we have been going at least once a year for the last 13 years! We are also going July 31 and the rates have increased since we booked in may. In the past I have seem them go down the closer we get to the trip.

I am still holding a reservation for $374 for a minivan for the week of Nov 10-17 and it has only gone up since. :( We may have a change in plans anyway with our DD's driving from NC to Florida in a rental minivan. If so we will just give them the $$ and they can pick us up and drive us around for once. :)

I had a booking for an Intermediate car with National from 11/3 through 11/8 for $303.68 through Undercover Tourist. Today, I cancelled that since a better rate came through AutoSlash for the same dates, with National at $205.85. Not outrageous deals but I'll keep checking until the trip comes up.

Same deal here - I have an intermediate booked with Alamo thru Costco for 11/4-11/12 and am at $278 right now. I keep checking for a price drop.

I just registered for Autoslash to see what they come up with. We have a program through work that offers discounts and I was able to book a standard for $289 for the week of Thanksgiving through Alamo. I would like something bigger so I will keep looking. Alamo does seem to be the cheapest. Or is another one cheaper?

I signed up for autoslash and found a minivan for the Friday after Thanksgiving. A week rental was $303 with Alamo. To me that sounds good but signed up for the price tracker after booking. Now I am just wondering if I will be able to skip the counter. Lots of posts say that you can’t but they gave me my Alamo confirmation so I pulled up my reservation online and it looks like I can check in online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter