November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

FIL is doing well, he was able to make it to church today. He got a little dizzy in the parking lot but we think his blood sugar just dropped. Thanks for asking!

I hope your daughter starts feeling well soon! My DH had a small cold right before getting on our last cruise, but it really hit hard the 2nd day. He was so out of it and slept almost a whole day away on the boat! :(

Going to church is a good sign!

DD is feeling much better today so she is going to school. DD and I have terrible time with our ears on the plane so I’m hoping her congestion clears up by then.

Only 5 more days!!!!

3 more days!

We fly out tomorrow morning. Our flight leaves at 11:30 am so not an early flight.

I am packed except for last minute stuff.

Safe travels everyone! :sail::car::drive:

3 more days!

We fly out tomorrow morning. Our flight leaves at 11:30 am so not an early flight.

I am packed except for last minute stuff.

Safe travels everyone! :sail::car::drive:

Have a safe flight! So exciting, we head out tomorrow also, but DD has to go 1/2 school so it will be after 1pm. :goodvibes

Safe travels to everyone! pixiedust:

I'll be headed out early Friday morning.

Safe travels to you too! :dancer:

Fantasy, HERE WE COME!
:boat::sail::mickeyjum

Hope everyone had a great cruise!

The decorating cookies was fun.

Our serving team and steward was great! Got a lot of swimming in.

We got total of 15.5 inches of snow on Thursday and Friday last week. So DD had 1.5 snow days which means she only missed 4.5 days of school instead of 6.

I totally enjoyed the cruise also! Both of my servers were just awesome and my room host was out of this world. This was my second Disney cruise and this one seemed more chaotic than the first. Just seemed like there were people crowded everywhere on the ship, especially in the lobby area. The highlight for me was the Palo Brunch. It was as incredible as everyone has described. If you ever have the chance to do the brunch or dinner, go for it. I was surprised regarding people's attire in the restaurant. I thought you were expected to wear more formal attire but there were people in jeans and casual attire. They did turn away someone who was wearing shorts and flip-flops.

My major disappointment was the weather at Castaway Cay. It was too windy at Serenity Bay. They were not allowing swimming in the ocean. It was one of those beach days where the sand is just blowing everywhere and after about an hour, I moved to one of the other beaches.

Did either of you see the "Nutcracker and the Four Realms"? I didn't think the film was very good. Glad I didn't spend the time at my local theater.

Now on to plan for my next cruise in October 2019.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Meant to ask did either of you request a quote on a future cruise? I received about a $325 discount on my October 2019 cruise! I was about $225 on the cruise fare and a $100 on board credit. Yes!!!!

We had a great time on Castaway family beach. The wind wasn’t blowing around the sand. The temps were not too hot and the ocean was refreshing.

I saw Nutcracker and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

We had Oct 2019 cruise booked prior to going on this cruise. I booked it as soon as my window opened up through Dreams so I assumed we wouldn’t get better pricing. I was going to reprice it on board but never did. We did look into another future cruise but we are looking at Feb 2021 so that’s too far out to use the placeholder credit. So on our Oct 2019 cruise, we will book a placeholder.

Our Oct 2019 is the 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. Can’t wait.

We try to avoid things in the Atrium and deck parties because it’s just too crowded for us. I did manage to get to the pirates buffet and loved the taco fixings....I wish the regular buffet had Mexican.

Did any of your kids enjoy finding the ducks hidden around the ship? DD found 11 ducks. Thank you to those that hid them. It was great fun for her to find them. We watched for them too but left them for the kids. We did see a few of those doing the hiding.

We had Oct 2019 cruise booked prior to going on this cruise. I booked it as soon as my window opened up through Dreams so I assumed we wouldn’t get better pricing. I was going to reprice it on board but never did. We did look into another future cruise but we are looking at Feb 2021 so that’s too far out to use the placeholder credit. So on our Oct 2019 cruise, we will book a placeholder.

I booked my October 2019 cruise on opening day also but did not use a travel agency. In order to obtain the discount, she had to book a new reservation (was able to retain the same stateroom) and I had to provide a deposit for the new reservation. She told me to call DCL and cancel the old reservation so that deposit would be refunded. Don't know if that would have worked if the reservation had been booked through an agency.

Tell "Beauty" and the "Beast" hello for me!

Hey. I was wondering if someone might be able to help. My family is actually sailing the same itenerary Nov 24. My wife is in a wheelchair and we don't be getting off at the ports. Would some one be able to scan the navigator schedules when you get back and send them to me? We would like to get an idea of what is available and plan accordingly

Thanks!

I’ll be uploading the Navigators in the morning & posting the links here!

Meant to ask did either of you request a quote on a future cruise? I received about a $325 discount on my October 2019 cruise! I was about $225 on the cruise fare and a $100 on board credit. Yes!!!!

We put a placeholder down and are looking for October 2020, so we have to wait till around May for opening day hopefully to book.

Did any of your kids enjoy finding the ducks hidden around the ship? DD found 11 ducks. Thank you to those that hid them. It was great fun for her to find them. We watched for them too but left them for the kids. We did see a few of those doing the hiding.

Ducks?? I didn’t know to look for them. My son would have LOVED that!!!

We had a great time. LET ME BACK ON THE BOAT! :hyper: Just a little rocky at times (we were deck 8 forward), 1 night I felt like I was swinging in a hammock!

I tried to watch the Nutcracker, but my 4 year old wasn’t having it so we left and found the Character Dance party in the Atrium while my DH & other kids enjoyed it.

It took us forever to get off the boat on Castaway Cay day. Woke up later than expected, ate at Cabanas, and then I had the kids KTTW cards in the safe, and somehow it was reset and we had to call maintenance for him to open it. Got off around 12 and the weather was nice. If you saw the ‘crazy’ lady in jeans on the beach... that was me :rotfl2: I didn’t bring any capris, don’t own shorts & I forgot my swimsuit coverup at home.
My boys loved Scuttles Cove. DD hates just about anything to do with kids clubs. She hated when I sent her to Oceaneer Club/Lab and only went once. We went up to Edge 1 time and she almost had an anxiety attack because she was overwhelmed and didn’t know anyone, so we left. All this time I was worried about my 4 year old clinging to me and I never got rid of the 12 year old! She just kept telling me she missed her best friend. :confused3

We got a LOT of great photos from our shutters package, love those! Was very impressed with our Servers and Stateroom host. Ours server was Antonio and Assistant server was Pla. Pla did some awesome magic!!! Nondu was the Head Server and she made sure to say hello every evening and make it a point to make sure everything was good at our table and give us information about the following day. She really was great. I don’t even remember our Head Server on the past cruise.
Onin was our Stateroom Host and he was very kind and you could tell he was a hard worker!

So much to do and still so little time, we never did get to meet Donald, Daisy, Pluto or Goofy! Ugh. Sad about that, but met quite a few others when we could.

We are in Orlando now, went to Islands of Adventure today with DH and was quite disappointed. The park felt dirty, prices gouge you everywhere they can especially with the food, they over crowded show type rides, lines were insane (we didn’t have express today). DH and I even stood in Single Rider line for Spider man and Dr Doom and still had to wait too long for my liking.
I JUST WANT TO CRUISE AGAIN!!!
Can’t wait till October 2020!

MSPeeler, How did your FIL do on the cruise?

My DD didn’t do much in the kids club either but she did meet two sisters at the pre-cruise hotel that she continued friendship with on the cruise. The three girls hung out together, going to activities outside of kids club, swimming, Aqua Duck, lunching together, and watching movies in cabin together.

DD just happened to notice a duck somewhere and then another....in total she found 11. A few passengers were hiding them.

I miss having someone cook, cleanup and make my bed everyday:goodvibes

My Mom did well House sitting and Beauty and Beast did well....didn’t seem to miss us at all. They are still full of kitten crazies and Mom only heard a couple of crashes during the night:rotfl2:. They really seemed to take to Mom and slept on bed with her when they weren’t racing around the house.

MSPeeler, How did your FIL do on the cruise?

My DD didn’t do much in the kids club either but she did meet two sisters at the pre-cruise hotel that she continued friendship with on the cruise. The three girls hung out together, going to activities outside of kids club, swimming, Aqua Duck, lunching together, and watching movies in cabin together.

DD just happened to notice a duck somewhere and then another....in total she found 11. A few passengers were hiding them.

I miss having someone cook, cleanup and make my bed everyday:goodvibes

My Mom did well House sitting and Beauty and Beast did well....didn’t seem to miss us at all. They are still full of kitten crazies and Mom only heard a couple of crashes during the night:rotfl2:. They really seemed to take to Mom and slept on bed with her when they weren’t racing around the house.

My FIL did well, only minor issues and was able to do the Dunn’s River Falls excursion with my husband so that was nice.

I really do wish my daughter had been able to make a friend during the first day or 2, she was just too scared to go to Edge alone & I wasn’t able to go to the open house time during the first day.

Uploaded Navigators here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/h3FSJovNfCJu1PKM7

I’m going to submit them to disneycruiselineblog when I can actually scan them on the computer at home Sunday. Those are just pictures.

I’m going to submit them to disneycruiselineblog when I can actually scan them on the computer at home Sunday. Those are just pictures.

I was going to do the same but since you're going to send your navigator scans to the DCL Blog, I won't bother. Think I saw you a few times on the ship, but wasn't sure.

I was going to do the same but since you're going to send your navigator scans to the DCL Blog, I won't bother. Think I saw you a few times on the ship, but wasn't sure.

Stressed out Mom, running around quickly to get somewhere? Yep that was me :rotfl2:

You should have said Hi!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter