November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

We may watch Christopher Robin because it’s free. I love Winnie the Pooh but that story just doesn’t interest me. We’ve seen Antman and wasp and Incredibles 2 so I don’t think I want to see them again.

I think DD11 is going through teen phase at the moment. I am trying to get her to pick out clothes for the cruise. She doesn’t want to wear shorts, dresses or skirts. So far she picked out three T-shirt’s, then took one back, replacing it with a long sleeve top. I explained several times that it’s probably going to be hot and that we are going to be gone 9 days so three tops and no bottoms isn’t going to work. :confused3 Guess I’m going to have to pack what I think and hope for the best.

MSPeeler, how is your FIL doing?

Thanks for asking.

He's really weak, but recovery itself is going ok, just slow. Not sure how another 10 days will make him feel. We've cancelled all the port excursions so far, and if he is feeling well enough the night before we may try to go to the desk and sign him up for what he was interested in if it's still available rather than risk him not feeling well enough and wasting money on not being able to go at all. He hasn't even had enough strength to go to church on Sunday and he rarely misses, so I know he isn't feeling like himself just yet.

I'm thinking 10 days will really make a difference and he will at least start feeling human again. Maybe he still won't feel up to excursions but there is plenty to see and do on the ship. The ship will be a nice place to relax. He can find a nice quiet lounger on the promenade to read and nap.

Does anyone here know if I'll receive my silver Castaway Club lanyard on this cruise? This will be my 2nd Disney cruise and my first as a Castaway Club member. I thought about purchasing one on eBay but then thought maybe the lanyard will be my first club member gift placed the stateroom.

Does anyone here know if I'll receive my silver Castaway Club lanyard on this cruise? This will be my 2nd Disney cruise and my first as a Castaway Club member. I thought about purchasing one on eBay but then thought maybe the lanyard will be my first club member gift placed the stateroom.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this. Maybe post on the main Disney cruise board.

I've been looking at the movie schedule for some the recent cruises and it seems the movies that are currently playing are Antman and the Wasp, Incredibles 2, Wrinkle in Time, and Christopher Robin. I could watch the Incredibles again but the others really don't interest me. Hopefully we'll have a different selection.
At two weeks out from any Disney cruise you can call and get the list of movies that will be shown on your cruise. Here is the official list from Disney.... Enjoy your movie watching!!!

Avengers: Infinity War
Thor: Ragnarok
Coco
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Black Panther
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
A Wrinkle in Time
Solo
Incredibles 2
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Christopher Robin

At two weeks out from any Disney cruise you can call and get the list of movies that will be shown on your cruise. Here is the official list from Disney.... Enjoy your movie watching!!

Thanks for the info! We are under 14 days (down to 9 days) so I'll give DCL a call and find out what movies are scheduled.

A week from tomorrow, we will be boarding Fantasy! What a long countdown it has been but it’s almost here! Yahoo! :flower1::cool1::bounce::banana::cheer2:
I've been waiting since May 2017! I was on the three night Castaway Cay double dip just after the Fantasy came out of dry dock, I booked this cruise while on board.

I've been waiting since May 2017! I was on the three night Castaway Cay double dip just after the Fantasy came out of dry dock, I booked this cruise while on board.

I’ve been waiting that long too.

Castaway Cay double dip sounds wonderful

I booked opening day, whenever that was, Ancient History :rotfl2:

I'm starting to pack now. We leave Thursday (driving). I had my daughter pick out the clothes she wants to bring so I could take pictures of them so that's done. My son won't care as long as I don't forget his mickey and the gang shirt!

I almost can't believe it! :boat:

I was working on laundry yesterday and finishing up this morning. Then I can start packing. I have a bunch of DD’s stuff set aside but I need to go through it and decide what stays and what goes because I think I set aside too much. I want to get everything packed this weekend.

On Wednesday after work, I’m heading to DM’s to pick her up for house/pet sitting. She lives 45 minutes away and I will pick up pizza for the two of us to eat before we pack the car with her stuff and take another 45 minute ride home.

We fly out Thursday morning at 11:30am so not early flight. The airport is 5 minutes down the road from us which is convenient. We land in Orlando at 4:30pm and drive rental to a hotel in Cape Canaveral.

I am so excited! :flower1: :cool1::cheer2::banana::dancer:

I wish we could fly!! Just too $$ for 7 of us :crazy2: My 10 year old asked me the other day if he would ever get to fly on an airplane.... I said I hope so, It's exciting

Officially under 1 week now!!! :sail:

MSPeeler, how is you FIL doing?

It’s so crazy how expensive flights are getting:-( I usually push DH to fly because I get so uncomfortable in the car. I’m uncomfortable in the plane too but it’s for far less hours. I just hate sitting for that long. I wish security wasn’t such a pain but I do understand why it’s in place.

Appears that we'll have near perfect weather during our cruise. I just checked the forecasts for our ports of call. Most temps in the mid-80's with low probability of rain each day.

Current water temperature at Castaway Cay is 81 degrees!

Appears that we'll have near perfect weather during our cruise. I just checked the forecasts for our ports of call. Most temps in the mid-80's with low probability of rain each day.

Current water temperature at Castaway Cay is 81 degrees!

Thanks for the weather update. Sounds great!

So after packing the cubes, I realized that it won’t all fit into our three big suitcases so now I am pulling out half of the clothes. I really didn’t want to carry onto plane any roller suitcases this trip.

DD has a bad cold and has been sleeping a lot today. Hope DH and I don’t get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter