"not eligible on the Disney Dining Plan"

FrancisK7

Earning My Ears
We're arriving at Kidani this Sunday. It's our first trip and we're on the deluxe dining plan.

We have a reservation at Narcoossee on our arrival day. I was taking a look at their menu and noticed the following:

Surf & Turf
Sirloin Steak and Lobster Tail served with Yukon Gold Mash and Oven-roasted Heirloom Carrots. Your choice of Butter-poached, yielding a tender Lobster Tail or Steamed, producing a firmer texture. Upgrade to a Filet Mignon or New York Strip for an additional 19.00 (not eligible on the Disney Dining Plan)

Does it mean that if you are on a dining plan you are not allowed to pay out of pocket for the upgrade?

I don't know about currently, but in the past, that simply meant that you would have to pay $19 in addition to using your table service credits.

If it's anything like most "premiums" outside of the DDP, you should be able to use a dining credit for the entree itself and pay the $19 for the upgrade OOP.

You can always pay the premium price to upgrade a menu option. The reason the menu states "not eligible on DDP" is because you cannot use just a credit to have the upgraded item. You must pay the additional cost plus the credit.

Can you just imagine if there was no verbiage on menus the chaos when servers tried to limit what fols on the plans wanted to order? This way the menus can include higher priced options and still offer almost the entire menu to dining plan patrons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!