NON DVC Stay and Parking

patches4me

Mouseketeer
If we book a for cash only at a resort, not using our points, will we have to pay for parking even though we are active members of the DVC?

Thanks.

No

Disney Vacation Club Members
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

Is the resort a DVC villa? If it's not DVC then you'll be charged. The way it works is:

Staying on points at DVC villa: free parking
Staying on cash at DVC villa: free parking
Staying on points in non-DVC room: free parking
Staying on cash in non-DVC room: pay for parking

I would say yes, you are not staying on points, not staying at a DVC resort so the above sounds like you have to pay. Good luck and let us know if you pay or not.

The "free parking" only applies to DVC resorts. For that matter, I would expect that if you book a cash hotel unit at a resort WITH DVC (like if you book Poly, but not a villa) you will pay.

The "free parking" only applies to DVC resorts. For that matter, I would expect that if you book a cash hotel unit at a resort WITH DVC (like if you book Poly, but not a villa) you will pay.
Pretty sure that if you book anything through MS you do not pay for parking. So for example, if you book Port Orleans with points, or book Poly through MS (with cash or points), you don't pay for parking. If you book using a TA or directly with CRO/DRC, you do have to pay. (If you booked after March 21, 2018).

So to avoid paying for overnight parking, book through MS.

Pretty sure that if you book anything through MS you do not pay for parking. So for example, if you book Port Orleans with points, or book Poly through MS (with cash or points), you don't pay for parking. If you book using a TA or directly with CRO/DRC, you do have to pay. (If you booked after March 21, 2018).

So to avoid paying for overnight parking, book through MS.

Well, the statement at this point is "staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa" (any payment) or "when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel." So I think a cash booking for a non-DVC unit, regardless of method, is paid parking by that language.

Of course, consistency is not Disney's strong suit. Ever.

Well, the statement at this point is "staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa" (any payment) or "when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel." So I think a cash booking for a non-DVC unit, regardless of method, is paid parking by that language.

Of course, consistency is not Disney's strong suit. Ever.
Your post is just another way to say book through MS. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter