No swank discount on AP’s this year, I suppose?

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
I picked up Platinum Plus AP’s for my family last fall with that sweet promotion @$559 for DVC members. Those passes are due to expire soon, and renewing them at “standard” DVC Member prices is @$721. Renewing them under last year’s deal would have only been $475. So, a $250 swing.

I have heard nothing about a similar AP promotion for the latter portion of 2018, but I don’t follow the DVC news/rumors as closely as some folks on this board do.

So I’m just grasping at straws here. Any rumblings about a similar promotion coming out before the end of the year?

Please and thank you.

I picked up Platinum Plus AP’s for my family last fall with that sweet promotion @$559 for DVC members. Those passes are due to expire soon, and renewing them at “standard” DVC Member prices is @$721. Renewing them under last year’s deal would have only been $475. So, a $250 swing.

I have heard nothing about a similar AP promotion for the latter portion of 2018, but I don’t follow the DVC news/rumors as closely as some folks on this board do.

So I’m just grasping at straws here. Any rumblings about a similar promotion coming out before the end of the year?

Please and thank you.

They have offered some great discounts to DVC members, yes? :sunny: I would be surprised if they do not roll out the AP discounts soon like they usually do. Perhaps give MS a call or go on "chat" with MS to see if they can shed any light or have an idea of when that might happen. Good luck! :cutie:

If you don't need platinum, you can renew with the typical DVC AP discount for a gold AP.

But I haven't heard anything about another platinum deal, no. If you've got time, you can wait and see and maybe you'll get lucky.

They have offered some great discounts to DVC members, yes? :sunny: I would be surprised if they do not roll out the AP discounts soon like they usually do. Perhaps give MS a call or go on "chat" with MS to see if they can shed any light or have an idea of when that might happen. Good luck! :cutie:

They offer nice discounts on AP’s, but last year’s deal was particularly good. I’d be surprised if a CM wold divulge any upcoming promotions, but it can’t hurt to ask, right?

If you don't need platinum, you can renew with the typical DVC AP discount for a gold AP.

But I haven't heard anything about another platinum deal, no. If you've got time, you can wait and see and maybe you'll get lucky.

Yeah, I could do Gold, but I actually did leverage the additional Platinum Plus perks this past year, so I’d like to hold onto them. At a $475 renewal, if possible. :teeth:

Seeing that they just raised the price on the APs today, I wouldn't hold out much hope for a discount...

They offer nice discounts on AP’s, but last year’s deal was particularly good. I’d be surprised if a CM wold divulge any upcoming promotions, but it can’t hurt to ask, right?

IF there is something upcoming for members, I can tell you that MS usually knows about it. They may not yet be allowed "talking points" about it, but MS is generally looped into such things. I would ask. You won't be the only one asking I will bet! :thumbsup2

I was planning to go Dec. 20-26 next year but was planning to renew with the gold so now I have to decide whether it is worth $400 more in App to be able to go during blackout dates.... I agree the $475 price was awesome. We have enjoyed the water parks very much this year.

I would like to see a "GOLD PLUS" that still has the black out dates, as we would never go at Easter or Christmas too crowded, but would enjoy the water parks. Hey, if we can dream, why not.

I was looking at a new type ticket, a GOLD pass that included water parks, at say $25-50 more than a GOLD. Don't need the Easter and Christmas dates, just too many people to enjoy that time of year.

^This would be perfect for me. I, too, avoid major holidays at the parks, so the Gold’s blackout dates don’t really concern me. It’s all the other PP perks that I like and use.

Interesting idea, the gold plus pass. Remember, the actual reason for the platinum plus promo was to discourage people from venturing over to Volcano Bay which opened ironically (yak yak) when that was announced. The "gold plus" idea actually makes more sense because the few blacked out dates on gold are extremely busy as-is, so that would be an interesting middle ground.

I have a Platinum AP and just bought DVC this year (100 direct and then more resale). Factor in deciding to buy the direct was the 5 AP's I buy and ability to buy Gold. My question: Platinum AP's expire December 19. When I am there in WDW next week do you think I should renew to the Gold AP or should I wait and see if there is a promotion of some sort? Next trip middle of January so have some time.

You can renew an existing Platinum to the Gold over the phone right? If so maybe I should not follow my plan of renewing now but sit tight with fingers crossed for some sort of deal. Thanks.

Sorry OP for hijacking thread but this is probably a dumb question and not worth starting a thread about. :)

Your window to renew is Oct 19 thru Jan 19th. (60 days before to 30 days after) either way you will still have the same end date Dec 19, 2019. You CAN renew on the phone, so you don't miss anything by waiting until Jan 19th to see if a better deal comes along. Just remember it will still expire Dec 19, 2019.

As far as I know, you no longer get any benefit, such as an extra month, by renewing right away. So, why do it? And yes, you can easily buy them over the phone.

Has anyone heard anything NEW about discounted DVC AP?
Thanks!
It would be nice to think Disney would give some good discounts this year. Unfortunately, it probably isn’t going to happen. Next year is shaping up to be possibly the busiest year ever, so they don’t NEED to do a thing for us, and they probably won’t.

It would be nice to think Disney would give some good discounts this year. Unfortunately, it probably isn’t going to happen. Next year is shaping up to be possibly the busiest year ever, so they don’t NEED to do a thing for us, and they probably won’t.
You're probably correct, but that doesn't stop us from wishing for something, LOL. I'm wishing for a repeat of the 13 month deal. :)

You're probably correct, but that doesn't stop us from wishing for something, LOL. I'm wishing for a repeat of the 13 month deal. :)
Me too!!

Honestly, when DVC started selling the fixed week option, I'm surprised that they haven't offered the 13-month AP yet. People who travel the same week each year cannot take advantage of the AP if that is the only week they travel since it will expire on their arrival date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!