No standard room at Polynesian for Nov. 2018?

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I was just checking prices for next November at the Poly and it would not give a price for standard room for the 10th-17th. Just pool/marina view. It said that standard room view was not available for this date or this party size (2). Does anyone have any reason why the pool/marina view would be available for that week but not the standard view?

I was just checking prices for next November at the Poly and it would not give a price for standard room for the 10th-17th. Just pool/marina view. It said that standard room view was not available for this date or this party size (2). Does anyone have any reason why the pool/marina view would be available for that week but not the standard view?

A couple of reasons. Quite a few Standard View rooms were reclassified to Pool/Marina View. And Standard View is less $$ so book up quicker.

Try playing around with the dates, sometimes it's only one day that's not available.

I would be willing to bet something will open up if its only a day out of your stay that's fully booked. You can keep looking or you could look into renting a Poly room from Davids with DVC points. It would probably be even cheaper.

I would be willing to bet something will open up if its only a day out of your stay that's fully booked. You can keep looking or you could look into renting a Poly room from Davids with DVC points. It would probably be even cheaper.
Thanks, but we don't belong to DVC. We ended up going with just one of two pool/marina view rooms that were left, by the time I made a call to find out exactly what was available. Thanks all for the help!

I originally booked a pool marina view and one day decided to “split” my trip in half and standard views were available, so I booked those and called to merge them together.

Check for agency exclusive deals. They are generally the standard rooms. And with the reduced number of standard rooms since they changed the categories, they probably are all taken now.

We had the same problem with Nov 24-Dec 1. Kept trying and found that each individual night was available, groups of different nights were avaialable, but it would NOT let me book those 7 specific nights. I called and was told the same as I could see online. I explained that each individual night was available and he checked and agreed. He was able to contact another department, I can't remember the name, and have them override it. We are booked for exactly what we wanted. For some reason, Disney must be blocking out certain stretches. Maybe so they don't have rooms with a random "off" night in between longer stays? Not sure and the CM who helped me wasn't either. Said he didn't understand it because I was just booking rack rate, no promotions which could definitely affect it. So, if you really would prefer standard view, check and see if each night is available. If so, call, explain, and have them escalate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!