No Show Today

And criticism like the ones in this thread is why good podcasters get fed up and stop producing new content. Pete and the crew don’t owe anyone anything. Patreon is a donation site, not a pay for content site. You happen to get extra content if you donate. Pushing them to do more and more to meet the expectations of an entitled audience is just asking for them to say no more, and they will focus on the dreams unlimited business.

And criticism like the ones in this thread is why good podcasters get fed up and stop producing new content. Pete and the crew don’t owe anyone anything. Patreon is a donation site, not a pay for content site. You happen to get extra content if you donate. Pushing them to do more and more to meet the expectations of an entitled audience is just asking for them to say no more, and they will focus on the dreams unlimited business.

Unfortunately people are going to complain no matter what, and it’s really sad considering all of the work that goes into the content they put out for our enjoyment.

Totally agree. My DH listens to podcasts of people who have radio shows while he works out. I swear if I hear another blinds or dog vitamin commercial, I'm going to lose it.

For real though! These podcasts are commercial free. Yes, Dreams Unlimited is mentioned, but they are cameo appearances at best.

Some I'm fast forwarding some minutes at a time several times throughout. Some people will just never be happy!

I have always supported the DIS since they went to Patreon because I felt/feel I WANT/ed to, not that I HAVE to. I did/do it because I love ALL the content they put out - in all medias and forms, and on all subjects - even if I don't particularly watch, or "need" certain content for myself. I figure I'm supporting creators/providers (the Team) I love, respect, and want to support, and whatever they decide to do with my support contribution benefits everybody. Individual contribution for the common good.

Last edited:
Unfortunately people are going to complain no matter what, and it’s really sad considering all of the work that goes into the content they put out for our enjoyment.
I saw this first-hand when the team was out at Disneyland last week. The main focus was on the content and quality for the shows they put out, and I was thinking, shoot, after this I go home; after this they now need to review, edit, create... I have a lot of respect for the talent, commitment, and work they do.

I have always supported the DIS since they went to Patreon because I felt/feel I WANT/ed to, not that I HAVE to. I did/do it because I love ALL the content they put out - in all medias and forms, and on all subjects - even if I don't particularly watch, or "need" certain content for myself. I figure I'm support creators/providers (the Team) I love, respect, and want to support, and whatever they decide to do with my support contribution benefits everybody. Individual contribution for the common good.

Well said/saying/will say!

:thumbsup2

I would just to say thanks for putting all sorts of stuff out for free. It's so good i have youtube red so i don't get commercials. And i also am a patreon supporter.
The amount of content for patreon users get is really good.
The only reason some people don't like shows missing is that we love it and will miss it.
It's a testament of the quality of the shows and people.
I have been a fan for a while. Member since 2005 but lurker from before that.
Thanks for all the hard work all. And take care of yourselves.

Mods, please ban.

I'm not sure we have a mod to ban him anymore. I thought Elsa was the only mod on this board and without her do you think we could be left to our own devices. Llama maybe you could run for mod. Lol ... I know it isn't done that way.

Wow! I'm sad th
The entertainment from this thread more than makes up for Tuesday’s no show.
Totally agree. Lol. I think I've checked this thread 3 times today. I actually had written out a response earlier and decided people might not get my trying to be funny post.
Nikki (Elsa) (not sure how to do the tag thing) You'll always be a Mod to me. I don't like that it says former mod. :sad:

I have always supported the DIS since they went to Patreon because I felt/feel I WANT/ed to, not that I HAVE to. I did/do it because I love ALL the content they put out - in all medias and forms, and on all subjects - even if I don't particularly watch, or "need" certain content for myself. I figure I'm supporting creators/providers (the Team) I love, respect, and want to support, and whatever they decide to do with my support contribution benefits everybody. Individual contribution for the common good.

That is why I support the DIS. I love the shows they do and the dedication they put into it.

I'm not sure we have a mod to ban him anymore.

There are actually several people who watch this board with the power to ban and do other things - :magnify: :rolleyes1

I do want to say that I appreciate the many respectful and thoughtful comments on this thread.

I appreciate that when you are expecting a show (or something) and it doesn't happen you can get disappointed. All I can say is we all try to do the very best we can but sometimes things happen.

It is interesting to go through this and other threads and see how some of the stuff people want is very contradictory; "no need for a live show", "bring back the live shows", "I only listen", "I only watch", "I like it when 'so-and-so-is on", "they should take so-and-so off the show" - and there are more. As you can see you can't please all the people all the time.

We will just continue to do the best we can and hopefully you will continue to enjoy what we do.

It's disappointing when there is no show, particularly when it's a last-minute cancellation like this week as opposed to when they have announced the week before (or earlier) that there would be no show for a given week due to the team travelling or whatever. But it is what it is. I'm always hopeful that when one of the cancellations happen, that Pete would do a solo "sick show" like he did once a couple of years ago. It allowed him to really discuss a couple of topics at great length, something that time rarely, if ever, allows on the regular show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter