No Show Today

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Pete’s not feeling well and asked us all to stay away from the studio today. Sorry!

john-candy.jpg

Whilst I’m sorry to hear that Pete is sick, and wish him a speedy recovery... They need to figure out a way to do the show away from the studio. I know they want to grow the audience, get the channel to over 100,000 subscribers... when you have others putting out quality content consistently/without fail; it’s easy to lose those viewer numbers when you go a week without the scheduled flagship show. Not all of us have several hours per week to dedicate to Disney shows & podcasts, so we just go with what’s new, and it’s easy to drop stuff out of rotation. I feel like over the last six-eight months this has happened more and more, so maybe a contingency plan needs to be in order.

Whilst I’m sorry to hear that Pete is sick, and wish him a speedy recovery... They need to figure out a way to do the show away from the studio. I know they want to grow the audience, get the channel to over 100,000 subscribers... when you have others putting out quality content consistently/without fail; it’s easy to lose those viewer numbers when you go a week without the scheduled flagship show. Not all of us have several hours per week to dedicate to Disney shows & podcasts, so we just go with what’s new, and it’s easy to drop stuff out of rotation. I feel like over the last six-eight months this has happened more and more, so maybe a contingency plan needs to be in order.

I have to agree...with the 7 in 7 series and other missed shows I have only tuned in once or twice in the past couple of months. Life happens and I respect the need for time off but there should be a way to go on from another location.

It's Pete's show and he can run it how he wants. Much of the news that's shared can be consumed in other formats (daily fix, wdwinfo, etc) if worried about missing news. What's most missed for me are the personalities and banter, but given availability of other shows (best and worst, disney dining, etc) I can still get my fix. But that's just me!

I'm really more concerned that the increased missed shows are always cited to Pete's health, so I hope he's okay. Increased infections or whatever it is, dude may need an ENT. I has sinus surgery last year to help with my recurring sinus infections. Get well, Pete!

I have to agree...with the 7 in 7 series and other missed shows I have only tuned in once or twice in the past couple of months. Life happens and I respect the need for time off but there should be a way to go on from another location.

I mean, they still put out plenty of stuff weekly. I guarantee you that you've still got plenty of in-park vlogs, Best & Worst, Universal Edition, and Dreams Unlimited Travel shows that you and others may have never watched. It's not like there's a shortage of content tho.

I hope everyone is OK and I don’t want anyone to be exposed to illness. And I also want to agree with previous posters-I’ve been a loyal listener for years now, but between to dropping of the Disneyland show and the more frequent misses of the WDW show-well, I’m becoming more and more absorbed with other podcasts. The remaining dis podcasts are primarily video-and the audio works much better for my life (I have limited time to sit and watch but lots of time driving and cooking and folding laundry and...). I’m still enjoying the podcasts on the occasions when they show up, but things like Disney Dish and Mousetalgia are at the top of my list now when I thought no one would ever replace the Dis :(

Yes, I respect Pete and illnesses but with the frequent cancellations last minute, and cancellations during travel and disneyland pocast cancellation I have increased my listeing time to other podcasts that are more reliable because I need them for driving times, walks, etc. and I won't rely on this one anymore. If I get a new disunplug podcast in my feed I love it and enjoy it but I no longer rely on this just one. I hope the illnesses become quick recoveries for those sick and look forward to future ones of course, but yes, I do now look forward to other podcasts that are posting more reliably which is okay to say too.Just a fact. Some aren't even disney ones lately too , I have expanded to other topics of interest.

Pete did say on last weeks show that he would not be here for this weeks show. So I'm wondering if sick means they just had a lot on there plate for this week to fit the show in.
Looking forward to next weeks show..............

I have to agree with Goofy KC and MarkE83 - it is very hard to grow an audience to high levels and Patreon support if you are inconsistent with your shows (not to mention the loss of DisPop & Disneyland Podcast). They have NOT had a good track record with their Flagship Dis Unplugged Show in 2018 due to travel, weather and illness. Substituting pre-recorded shows is not the same thing to some viewers. You genuinely will lose viewership if viewers look on a Tuesday and the show is consistently not there, because there is no shortage of other Disney offerings on YouTube and podcast land.

I say these things because I genuinely love the shows that the Dis have developed over these years and I want it to grow and succeed. I feel real disappointment when a show I look forward to is not going to happen. I want them to continue to push the envelope with their programming and become a YouTube powerhouse with millions of viewers. I hope Pete feels better and I wish him and the team the very best. I look forward to your show next week!

Agreed. There's others bringing out better and more relevant content. It's a shame as I've listened to the DIS since '09 but it's just not like it used to be

I just want to add that most other Disney related podcasts are not live so they can record around illness and travel. That aspect gives other shows more options to get a show out every week or whatever their schedule is.

rteetz - that is a valid point. However, I think most would agree that what is important is having a reliable, consistent show over a Live show. It seems that the priority in them doing a Live show is effecting the number of of the Unplugged Shows they are able to produce. Most other quality YouTube channels produce a show and are consistent in having it up and are not as focused on the live aspect. But you know the show is going to be there - that is what matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!