No New Balance in 2018?

Got my wife a pair. The 74.99 ones i really wanted but they didnt have her size. I guess Disney Ebay scavengers are at it again. At least i got to go wth option #2
You may want to look at Zappos - I just bought the 74.99 pair from them.

Got my wife a pair. The 74.99 ones i really wanted but they didnt have her size. I guess Disney Ebay scavengers are at it again. At least i got to go wth option #2

I jut bought a pair of 74.99 from Zappos. You should check there, they may still have the size you are looking for.

Sorry to re-open this but didn't want to start a new thread on a similar topic.

Is there going to be a shoe collab for 2019 with either NB or a new company? I can't seem to find any info on the subject.

Tangentially related to this topic. I noticed when we did the Kids races over W&D weekend that the track facility at WWoS was still sponsored by New Balance. I found it strange that NB still has a sponsorship relationship with Disney but doesn't create a shoe. I would understand if there was a replacement shoe sponsor but even if Disney is just riding out the current NB deal it seems like they are leaving revenue on the table not having any shoe.

Tangentially related to this topic. I noticed when we did the Kids races over W&D weekend that the track facility at WWoS was still sponsored by New Balance. I found it strange that NB still has a sponsorship relationship with Disney but doesn't create a shoe. I would understand if there was a replacement shoe sponsor but even if Disney is just riding out the current NB deal it seems like they are leaving revenue on the table not having any shoe.
NB has some non-running Disney shoes still too.

They still do shoes just not RunDisney branded as I got an email fairly recent about ones for Mickey's 90th

Have not seen any updates about a new runDisney specific shoe.

One thing that comes to mind is that there are two business trying to make a profit off the same product here. Disney is doing nothing but lending the name and maybe artwork/design. NB probably has to source special materials and rework production lines to make the special Disney shoes. That probably cost them extra and the lost productivity during the switch is also not helpful to their bottom line. If the offset for the cost of the runDisney shoe is too low because Disney gets a cut then why continue. It doesn’t mean they still can’t be a sponsor. The folks that run in that type of shoe should still purchase because it because it fits their running mechanics.

Have not seen any updates about a new runDisney specific shoe.

One thing that comes to mind is that there are two business trying to make a profit off the same product here. Disney is doing nothing but lending the name and maybe artwork/design. NB probably has to source special materials and rework production lines to make the special Disney shoes. That probably cost them extra and the lost productivity during the switch is also not helpful to their bottom line. If the offset for the cost of the runDisney shoe is too low because Disney gets a cut then why continue. It doesn’t mean they still can’t be a sponsor. The folks that run in that type of shoe should still purchase because it because it fits their running mechanics.

I don't thing MB making Disney (or RunDisney) shoes is any different than the hundreds of other companies making a Disney product. They pay the Disney licensing fee and make sure that cost is recouped in their product. From $5 t-shirts up to multiple hundred dollar D&B bags it all works the same. I can't believe there isn't any profit there but I'm just guessing.

DW has a few of the runDisney shoes so that is what interested me in this thread but i will not continue to discuss beyond this message. The comparison between products has a few parallels but misses the mark for two key reasons.

- Consumer interest - while the Disney community will love the product there are only so many Disney running fans. Another way to look at it is running groups are a small group of the overall population and Disney running fans are even smaller subgroup of that. So this shoe really is a niche product for an already niche group. The t shirts and purses you mention have a much broader population that would be interested. Also not everyone can successfully wear the same running shoe. So an overpronator cannot wear a neutral shoe, etc. which limits products target groups even more.

- Production cost - while shoes have a huge markup it is not the same as the products you mentioned. The margin on easily produced good, like t shirts, will be astronomical when compared to the shoe. I assume the “Sharks” would easily pick the t shirts over the shoes. producing a running shoe involves some complex processes in producing and mating material particularly in the foam and layers of the soles. Those steps use and create harmful chemicals and fumes that have to be managed properly.

While they are not for me, DW would have loved to see the shoe continue and for them to add the one motif in her preferred style. She had to get a certain type of shoe, so she got a backup pair since they are discontinued. Maybe something will change in the future.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter