No more bags

They are.

Those places have never offered bags.
I’m always prepared when I go to these places. At least the low prices and the fact they’re big boxes with their own parking lots justifies it. If I don't have my own bags, it's no problem, I can easily cart everything out. You can't do that in a Disney Store, and what's more, their merchandise is full-priced, so the criticism is justified.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/park-specific-reusable-bags-coming-to-walt-disney-world-parks-and-resorts/

"As they will be themed, the bags will likely feature park icons and attractions pertaining to each park. The cute designs will surely help dissuade irate guests who otherwise dislike reusable bags, as each of the four park-centric designs will be unique.

Like the World of Disney bags, these reusable totes will likely cost in the $1 to $2 range, depending on size. Following Disney’s effort to reduce its use of single-use plastics by the end of the year, they’ll also be made from 80% recycled material.

If you’re having merchandise delivered to your Disney Resort hotel from the parks, plastic bags will still be used.

Stay tuned as we’ll be on the lookout for these bags once they start getting rolled out!"

Lovely just lovely.brings up the question though about purchases sent to the pick up locations within the parks.

*ETA: forgot to give credit to @rteez who posted that on the News Round Up thread.

Last edited:
https://wdwnt.com/2019/01/park-specific-reusable-bags-coming-to-walt-disney-world-parks-and-resorts/

"As they will be themed, the bags will likely feature park icons and attractions pertaining to each park. The cute designs will surely help dissuade irate guests who otherwise dislike reusable bags, as each of the four park-centric designs will be unique.

Like the World of Disney bags, these reusable totes will likely cost in the $1 to $2 range, depending on size. Following Disney’s effort to reduce its use of single-use plastics by the end of the year, they’ll also be made from 80% recycled material.

If you’re having merchandise delivered to your Disney Resort hotel from the parks, plastic bags will still be used.

Stay tuned as we’ll be on the lookout for these bags once they start getting rolled out!"

Lovely just lovely.brings up the question though about purchases sent to the pick up locations within the parks.
Has Disney themselves actually announced that they're phasing out the normal plastic bags? Because I can only picture chaos and guests getting massively irate over being forced to purchase those bags when they buy merch, and it's still going to be impractical for some to lug them around to anticipate purchases, because not everyone is going to have the means to lug them around. Also, are there guarantees that they won't be made in a Chinese sweatshop?

Has Disney themselves actually announced that they're phasing out the normal plastic bags? Because I can only picture chaos and guests getting massively irate over being forced to purchase those bags when they buy merch, and it's still going to be impractical for some to lug them around to anticipate purchases, because not everyone is going to have the means to lug them around. Also, are there guarantees that they won't be made in a Chinese sweatshop?
I don't know if Disney has officially announced it. I edited my comment in between the time you quoted me. I got the information from rteez from the News Round Up thread.

I don't know if Disney has officially announced it. I edited my comment in between the time you quoted me. I got the information from rteez from the News Round Up thread.
I'm just going to dismiss it as a misleading article, because the same was said about the bags when WoD first introduced the reusables, and people still managed to get a normal plastic bag, even though the CMs in WoD were promoting them at the point of sale.

I knew it would eventually happen. I am used to using reusable bags here in Austin, even though the stinkin' state tried to make it illegal to charge for bags:rolleyes: Steps off soapbox. I have a small one that I carry in my purse at all times, in addition to the ones we leave in the car. We always throw a couple into the useless outer pocket of the suitecase too in case we buy grocery type/heavier items. I do like the Disney and Universal plastic bags though. We don't get throw away plastic bags anywhere around here anymore, so it's nice to have some. Good for wet clothes and garbage while traveling, or cat little at home. I am encouraging anyone that dislikes the policy to visit Universal, since they are still offering free bags:D

Wouldn't it just be funny if I shoved an old Disney shopping bag into my park bag and used that (I am reusing a plastic bag..)

I actually have done this already. CMs don't blink an eye or care one iotta. Just keep a couple that you have had from previous trips, fold them up, and stick in a pocket or your fanny pack, if you think you really need a bag. If you want to try to get their goat, bring in a Universal plastic bag. However, they don't care when you do that either; been there/done that. No one will make you purchase a bag. You are free to carry purchased items in your hands. If I forget to bring my bag to the store, and I only have a few things, I just carry them in my hands.

Not even if they are super cute? And only a dollar?
I actually think my wife is more like you than your husband on most matters, but I can see her buying several of these bags and then guess what......use them for groceries when we get home!:tigger:

I have an old Disney Store reusable bag with a tree on it. I get so many compliments on it when I use it at home. People ask me where I got it, but they don't sell them anymore. It makes grocery shopping and running errands more fun:dumbo:

I actually think my wife is more like you than your husband on most matters, but I can see her buying several of these bags and then guess what......use them for groceries when we get home!:tigger:
lol again I'm a principle person.

Seriously no joke. I'm really good at delayed gratification or just simply saying no. We buy 2 liters if we buy pop for the house. 'Ain't no way I'm paying $1.59 for a 2 liter of Dr Pepper..I'll wait til that baby is $1.

Oh I've gotten more relaxed over the years and it's all because my husband and in-laws. My husband is a bit more like me in comparison to his mom and step-father but he's not going to pitch a fit over a $0.25-$0.75 side I ranch and he'll be like "honey just get it" :laughing:

Really I know it seems silly to folks but it's just the way I am :-)

I actually have done this already. CMs don't blink an eye or care one iotta. Just keep a couple that you have had from previous trips, fold them up, and stick in a pocket or your fanny pack, if you think you really need a bag. If you want to try to get their goat, bring in a Universal plastic bag. However, they don't care when you do that either; been there/done that. No one will make you purchase a bag. You are free to carry purchased items in your hands. If I forget to bring my bag to the store, and I only have a few things, I just carry them in my hands.
The bags I'm thinking of would fit in that park bag assuming I brought that again (we got it because it was waterproof) as I fit a rain jacket folded up tightly in it. It's really not a bad idea honestly.

I just love the added humor..maybe I can get a guest to be like "hey....that bag has Harry Potter on it..is that at Disney World!?"

In any case thanks for providing your real life experience! :)

lol again I'm a principle person.

Seriously no joke. I'm really good at delayed gratification or just simply saying no. We buy 2 liters if we buy pop for the house. 'Ain't no way I'm paying $1.59 for a 2 liter of Dr Pepper..I'll wait til that baby is $1.

Oh I've gotten more relaxed over the years and it's all because my husband and in-laws. My husband is a bit more like me in comparison to his mom and step-father but he's not going to pitch a fit over a $0.25-$0.75 side I ranch and he'll be like "honey just get it" :laughing:

Really I know it seems silly to folks but it's just the way I am :-)

I've said on here before I am in the printing/paper business so I understand. I am kind of the opposite as I hate plastic bags. I hated that we lived in a place without a diaper service for crying out loud. Still think the landfill twenty miles from my house is 50% my twin boys plastic diapers. I would rather just have paper bags period, but my wife and daughter will love these bags for that price. Heck, their luggage is practically all Disney luggage, their purses are Dooney's and now their grocery shopping bags will be park specific Disney bags! And, as much as I hate plastic bags, even I might buy something in April and have it shipped back to the hotel just so I can get one of the last plastic bags...pirate:

Ok, now I'm getting petty but, the majority of reusable bags are built with shoulder straps. I'm already wearing a backpack at Disney. If I'm getting a bag it's because what I'm purchasing won't fit in my backpack. I'm much more comfortable carrying around a bag with hand grips that I can easily hold by my side, not something else that will carry more easily via a shoulder....if my shoulders weren't already used up with backpack straps.

Also, it's about the rain in FL when we visit in September.......

Done whining! ;)

I'm just going to dismiss it as a misleading article, because the same was said about the bags when WoD first introduced the reusables, and people still managed to get a normal plastic bag, even though the CMs in WoD were promoting them at the point of sale.
It's quite possible it could be misleading can't really discount that until Disney does an official statement on their intention but I thought I would pass on the information from the News and Round Up thread.

Why punish yourself? Have it sent to your room (assuming on-site).

Man, how much do all you people shop??? :rotfl:

The most we do is one shopping trip per park, if that. Maybe we hit a couple shops in the same park, but if we buy one bag, we can just add to it.
Or ship to hotel.

We've never used the room delivery service. I like to have my stuff with me.

We don't buy much at the parks anyway as we don't want to carry stuff around. You can find most things at DS somewhere and we'll just buy what we want there on a designated shopping day. This policy just pretty much guarantee's we won't buy anything at the parks.

For people that do shop lots and go for a couple weeks at a time like we do I think buying a bag everyday would get old after the first couple times. $1 isn't a big deal, but the principal of it would wear on people. Plus who wants 10 of these bags in there room.

Anyway I have biggers worries than this, just a minor irritation that will probably cost Disney a sale or two.

Why punish yourself? Have it sent to your room (assuming on-site).

Man, how much do all you people shop??? :rotfl:

The most we do is one shopping trip per park, if that. Maybe we hit a couple shops in the same park, but if we buy one bag, we can just add to it.
Or ship to hotel.
Even if you have it shipped back to the resort you still have to have that completed 1-2 days before you check out because it won't have enough time to get there.

Ok, now I'm getting petty but, the majority of reusable bags are built with shoulder straps. I'm already wearing a backpack at Disney. If I'm getting a bag it's because what I'm purchasing won't fit in my backpack. I'm much more comfortable carrying around a bag with hand grips that I can easily hold by my side, not something else that will carry more easily via a shoulder....if my shoulders weren't already used up with backpack straps.

I am sure a full line of Disney Carbiner clips will help you attach the new bag handles to your backpack, or belt loop.. for a few dollars! pirate:

upload_2019-1-24_15-39-4.png upload_2019-1-24_15-39-34.png

Nope. And I believe the World of Disney bags are $1 for small and medium bags and $2 for large bags.

I've said on here before I am in the printing/paper business so I understand. I am kind of the opposite as I hate plastic bags.
You know what's funny?? I just found an old Disneyland shopping bag from the late 80's in a box of stuff I had in at the attic. Guess what it's made of... PAPER!!!!

Switch to recycled PAPER bags, Disney! :)

DL paper bag.jpg

Is Starbucks going to follow suit? I always purchase a few "You Are Here" mugs and they put them in a nice sturdy paper bag with handles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter