No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

I love that other park but no way would I go to Halloween horror nights on Halloween. I hate people too much.

I've been reading about the pool drama on the AKL thread so I am happy to see that it was resolved for you and that you get to stay at a resort you never thought you would be able to!

Ample Hills is on my list of places to try on our trip.

Don't worry about not having a Beach and Cream ADR. We find them last minute all the time. You may also have luck just walking up and eating at the counter.

I totally get you on Halloween, I'd want to be home too. But if you can't be there are of course worse places to be :-) We've done late night flights to Orlando and stayed at the Hyatt which is right in the airport. Its super convenient and you can walk up in the morning and be on the DME in no time.

I think we would judge if you DIDN'T make changes! That's why we are all here!

Probably a good idea!

OMG!!! Yeah!!! If the breakfast calzone looks even remotely good to you or your husband, GET IT!!!! Soooo good!!!! It was literally my favorite thing from our last trip!

The breakfast calzone did sound good and so did the steak with the egg-thing. I think the whole breakfast looks yummy! Thanks for the suggestion!!!

I love that other park but no way would I go to Halloween horror nights on Halloween. I hate people too much.

You're right. I can only imagine how crowded it would be on Halloween, but can you imagine spending Halloween at Hogwarts? I feel like I would be giddy with glee. Then again, we could stay at the Blue Tree again and just chill out and watch Hocus Pocus all night.

I've been reading about the pool drama on the AKL thread so I am happy to see that it was resolved for you and that you get to stay at a resort you never thought you would be able to!

Ample Hills is on my list of places to try on our trip.

Hi! Thank you so much. We are very grateful for the resolution.

Mmmm, I cannot wait to try the flight. How does one choose?

Don't worry about not having a Beach and Cream ADR. We find them last minute all the time. You may also have luck just walking up and eating at the counter.

I totally get you on Halloween, I'd want to be home too. But if you can't be there are of course worse places to be :-) We've done late night flights to Orlando and stayed at the Hyatt which is right in the airport. Its super convenient and you can walk up in the morning and be on the DME in no time.

You're making me feel better about Beaches and Cream. I know it's not, like, a must-do for most people but it sounds like a good sandwich shop and I really want a No Way Jose.

That sounds great for flying! We're driving, which is the purpose for leaving on Halloween. I just hate to leave my girls home alone with the doorbell going off all night upsetting them. You're right, though, Orlando's not a bad place to be on Halloween

If you can’t get an ADR, you could always get a No Way Jose to go and bring it back to your room

You can have the touring plans adr finder look for a Beaches and Cream reservation for you--I think you can have it search for two ADRs at a time with a free/basic account. Just as a back up? *shrugs*

You can have the touring plans adr finder look for a Beaches and Cream reservation for you--I think you can have it search for two ADRs at a time with a free/basic account. Just as a back up? *shrugs*

Brilliant! I didn't know you could have a free account on touring plans, thanks!

You want what?

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to all our troops, past and present, for their sacrifices for our country because freedom certainly doesn't come free. If any of you reading this have loved ones who have fought for our country, please extend our appreciation and gratitude.

flag2.gif

I don't like summer. It's hot, and I burn to a crisp and melt. BUT! Summer is the season before fall! HOORAY!

AND!!!!!

It's baseball season!

waynebrady.gif

We have a minor league team here so my husband took me to the game last night. I haven't been since my dad took me as a kid, and he passed away in 1999. It was so much fun to be there again. I'm hoping we get to go pretty often this summer.

So, we were driving to the game last night and my beloved says to me, "I'm craving Marrakesh." Excuse me, you what? How many times has this poor restaurant been cut from the list? So, he decides we should give it a fair chance.

really.gif

Fine. Let me just move heaven and earth and add this ADR back to our reservations. Yep, no problem, really.

So. . .

11/9/18 we have no ADRS. I just added Restaurant Marrakesh at 11:30. Congratulations, Marrakesh, you live to see another day. It's actually become a running joke with us because it gets canceled so often. Someone please convince me that it deserves a chance. I mean, everything looks fine on the menu, but it doesn't seem like anything special.

Also, I added a 3:15 Plaza ADR because that's all I could get and I wanted to end our trip at MK. This ADR is brought to you by @StarWarsMomofGirls! She had an awesome review of The Plaza. I've eaten there before 8 years ago and enjoyed it, but the menu has changed since then. I think Jason will really like the brisket mac and cheese. I don't like mac and cheese much, but the brisket burger sounds good. I'd like to eat a little later in the evening, but I'll have to keep checking as that was literally the only reservation they had.

Lol I'm very invested now in whether or not you guys make it to Marrakesh! I can't comment on whether you should or not, I'm just rooting for the underdog! (I've only ever eaten at Spice Road Table and disappearing server aside, it was super yummy). :)

11/9/18 we have no ADRS. I just added Restaurant Marrakesh at 11:30. Congratulations, Marrakesh
I hope you guys keep this one, this time! Since it has been on your list for so long, it would be fun to finally make it there! Plus, This has been on our radar, so I would love to see how you guys like it! ;)

Also, I added a 3:15 Plaza ADR because that's all I could get and I wanted to end our trip at MK. This ADR is brought to you by @StarWarsMomofGirls! She had an awesome review of The Plaza. I've eaten there before 8 years ago and enjoyed it, but the menu has changed since then. I think Jason will really like the brisket mac and cheese. I don't like mac and cheese much, but the brisket burger sounds good. I'd like to eat a little later in the evening, but I'll have to keep checking as that was literally the only reservation they had.
Thanks!!!! I hope you like it!!! We def enjoyed our meal and I feel like it is a decent value for paying out of pocket. I think someone said that they only do super early and super late reservations, peak dinning times are walk up only.

Thanks!!!! I hope you like it!!! We def enjoyed our meal and I feel like it is a decent value for paying out of pocket. I think someone said that they only do super early and super late reservations, peak dinning times are walk up only.

I think this may be in flux? I got a lunch reservation at The Plaza for 11:45 one day during our trip...it seems really unpredictable as to when they accept reservations and when they don't.

Lol I'm very invested now in whether or not you guys make it to Marrakesh! I can't comment on whether you should or not, I'm just rooting for the underdog! (I've only ever eaten at Spice Road Table and disappearing server aside, it was super yummy). :)

I know! November is a really long time from now. Who knows how many times I'll cancel/add it before then.

I feel I should start a betting pool if you are going to make it to Marrakesh or not ;).

If you do, I want in! :lmao:

I hope you guys keep this one, this time! Since it has been on your list for so long, it would be fun to finally make it there! Plus, This has been on our radar, so I would love to see how you guys like it! ;)

Haha, I would be more than happy to be the guinea pig for you guys! I mean, I like beef. I like vegetables. I'm cool with cous cous. I think it'll be fine.

I think this may be in flux? I got a lunch reservation at The Plaza for 11:45 one day during our trip...it seems really unpredictable as to when they accept reservations and when they don't.

This is in reply to both you because, now that you've mentioned it, I'm not sure I've ever seen a "later" reservation available.
I don't know, the choices for dinner at MK are a little on the limited side. Tony's is okay, but there are way better Italian places, BOG is going to the new menu, we prefer lunch for LTT, and Skipper Canteen's just isn't *that* appealing.

Sounds like you had a great time at the Baseball game. We have an MLB team here and always enjoy going to a few games a year. In fact we'll be there next Saturday.

Too funny on your husband and Marrakesh. Though I gotta say I have the feeling that poor place will go by the weigh side between now and November :-)

Sounds like you had a great time at the Baseball game. We have an MLB team here and always enjoy going to a few games a year. In fact we'll be there next Saturday.

Too funny on your husband and Marrakesh. Though I gotta say I have the feeling that poor place will go by the weigh side between now and November :-)

Yes, it was great! I grew up watching the Atlanta Braves (tv) games with my dad, who wanted to be a pro himself, and I played softball. So, I understand the rules. During the game, my husband was trying to coach me on what was happening. I just kept giving him the side eye. Dude, I've got this.

Right! I don't know if it will make it or not. I'm cool with it. I have coupons for there. It's a beautiful restaurant from the videos I've seen. There are just other places I'd rather go. But, that's the one opinion he has voiced on this whole trip so I feel like I should let him have it. Then again, he doesn't know about his surprises either.

Better Shape Up!

Is the weekend nearly over already? Two days is just not enough time! I should be doing something productive right now like the mountain of laundry or working out, but my husband is with his best friend so I'm chillin with Disney movies, catching up on the boards, and watching TheTimTracker videos. His videos in Disneyland are great, and I've always wanted to go there. My best friend is only 2 hours away from there, too. My husband said he has no interest in Disneyland or California, but I may be able to convince him otherwise. I know it's much smaller, but I want to go at least once. I must see the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at The Haunted Mansion.

My dog has really been trying us this weekend. We went to see Deadpool 2 last night and when we came home at 10:00 I discovered she had puked grass all over my bed. Seriously!!!!!! So, at 1:00 in the morning I was waiting for my sheets to dry as the only set I had clean are flannel sheets and it's 94 degrees outside. So, she likes to wake us up really early in the morning with kisses. While this may seem adorable, it's not. Especially not at 6 in the morning on a Sunday. Then, she ran away today. Twice. She's slipping out of our fence and taking off to find adventure with the cows behind us. I didn't think she was going to come back the second time so we're both outside screaming her name between emotions of anger and tears of worry. She's grounded now. No more freedom outside without a leash until we can figure out the fence situation. Right now, she's curled up on the couch and she's so precious but I'm trying to stay strong and remain mad at her. I can't give in to her preciousness! I can't do it!

Ellie.jpg
Ugh, she is my weakness. I love her so. She is a rescue pup who lived in 5 states by the time I got her at 4 months old. She's been through the ringer. We were told she was born in a kennel. There is a possibility she was a hurricane survivor back in the fall. We aren't really sure. She came to us without really knowing what love was. I saw a picture of her on a rescue page on Facebook and while she lived in PA at the time with her foster family (who I think took good care of her) and I had never met her in person, I knew she was meant to join our family. I begged and pleaded with her coordinator to let her come live with us. When she first came home, she didn't really understand being pet. She has been very difficult. She has terrible separation anxiety, though she is getting better. She was eating too fast out of fear that she wouldn't get more to eat. She was so destructive that she ate a lot of medicine that was very dangerous for her. She thinks that if she wants you to pet her, she has to bite your hand. She's not really certain about kisses. They're very rare except for in the mornings so I suppose I should be grateful. She also has an ungodly amount of energy and can jump as high as my husband's height. She is a crybaby. She tries to eat my ferret. She is a handful, but she has come a long long long way since October. There is just something very special about her. When she comes and just lays on me, I know it's because she has learned to trust me. She is finally at the point that at night she will get in my husband's lap. People have tried to convince me that she is too hard, that I should have given her back to the rescue. I cannot and will not ever give up on this baby girl. She is mine, and I will love her for as long as we are together. She just needs a little encouragement, a little guidance in the right direction.

Now that the tears have blurred my screen, lets move on.

I have a lot of health issues. I'm not saying that to dwell on them, but to declare the opposite in that I'm trying to regain my health. There are some things that cannot be changed such as autoimmune thyroid disorder and gastroparesis, but I can deal with it the best I can. With that being said I'm trying to get back in shape. I joined weight watchers to help me with the food tracking more, and I have a fitbit to ensure I stay active. I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in a while, and I pushed myself as hard as I could. Jason is being very supportive, although he took me on a date last night. So, I may mention it from time to time on here because I want to make myself accountable. This is something I have to do for myself. No more excuses!

Now on to the Disney front. We haven't decided yet about Halloween, mainly because I haven't asked for it off yet. Jason is pretty intent on leaving on Halloween night, but there are so many factors to consider such as extra cost and having someone watch our girls. My mom generously stays with them when we go on vacation, but asking her to stay for 10 nights may be pushing it. I do think it would be fun to go to Disney Springs on Halloween, not because I expect there to be any events but just so I could say I've been to Disney at Halloween. Then again vegging out and watching Halloween movies all night sounds good, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!