No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

All your puppy stories make me feel better about my puppy stories. My puppy is 1 day shy of 16 weeks. His worst habit is peeing on blankets if we aren't paying enough attention to him. At least those can be cleaned! He isn't allowed to sleep in bed yet but he does well in his crate. We started with crate training as soon as we got him & I know his breeder did started with some crate training too for all the puppies. Only barks when he needs to go potty when inside the crate if making noise didn't wake us up. Teething has started though so I'm sure he will be chewing up a storm soon. Now if I could just get the older dog and him to get along better...He has started digging though in the sand in the backyard, so he isn't allowed outside unsupervised so he doesn't leave the fenced in yard.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Aloha Isle--I like Dole Whips and I like pineapple cake. This sounds awesome.
Andy had this on our last trip and said it was really good! I personally love the float! But I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Create Your Own Beer Flight at Baseline Tap House- I really love craft beer.
I would love to try this as well!

Citrus Swirl or float from Sunshine Terrace- all my years walking by the little birdie and I've never stopped. I think I prefer pineapple to orange but I'm going to try it this time.
We tried this last time. It was good but personally like the dole whip better. But you need to try and for yourself and decide!

Pulled pork fries from Flame Tree Barbecue- FTB is one of our favorite places to go, especially at AK. I'm a huge fry fan. I'm Southern. I like barbecue. Gimme
I had this last time..... so YUMMY!!! Def get!

My other possible suggestions:
  • Raspberry Macaron from France Pavilion - Sooooooo good! Light and refreshing.
  • Gelato Macron from France Pavilion - This is in the ice cream shop. They are remade, so you usually have 2 flavor choices but delicious!
  • Gelato Grey Goose Martini from the France Pavilion - Not sure if you drink much, but this is really good! You can choose your flavor gelato to go with the grey goose. yum.
  • Mr. Kamal's Fries in Animal Kingdom - they are seasoned fries with tazki sauce one them. Really different!

If you end up switching to Wilderness Lodge, they have a bacon donut that my daughter LOVED!

There's Magic in the Air!

Okay, as you all know, I've been moping around about AKL and the pool since I found out. Then, I heard they were starting room refurbishments. I've been waiting for a call from Disney for a whole week. Might know as soon as I step in the shower, they call. My husband didn't bother answering the phone even though he has been on 407- Watch for the past week. I sneeze, you watch the phone. I pee- you watch the phone.

I called her back and spoke to a very kind CM. She wasn't the one who called me, but she said she could read the notes. We spoke for a few minutes about it being our wedding anniversary, having a resort day built in, my love for AKL, and how I didn't want to leave the resort but I didn't want to pay for what I couldn't use. She said she understood and she had an offer for us. I asked if it was possible to slide over to Kidani side, but she said no. She said if we wanted to stay at AKL she could make sure we were away from the noise. She then told me her offer was a complete price match at Boardwalk in a garden view room. Excuse me?

sebastian.gif

Let me clean out my ears, lady. I can't hear squat.
Lets try this again.

arielsurprised.gif

Okay, I've done my research on resorts, but I know nothing, zilch, zippo about Boardwalk because it's always been so far out of my price range that I could never imagine getting to stay there. I was drilling her so much that she politely asked me if I had a computer so I could look at it. I asked her about room only discounts if they are released later on. That's when she told me that they made a $2500.00 price adjustment for us. Okay, you know what's coming next.

Lady.gif

I asked Jason if he was okay with it. He doesn't care. Then, I thought, you are really stupid if you don't accept this offer. So, I did. All I can say is, thank you. I am overwhelmed by her generosity. She didn't *HAVE* to do anything for us. There technically is another pool. We would have survived, but she took an extra step and time out of her day just to make our anniversary and vacation more special for us. This is the Disney magic we talk about. This is the kindness that makes us keep going. I am guilty of complaining about prices. Heck, I'm livid about the parking fees. I ask myself all the time why we don't go somewhere else. This is why. People like her. It's the Disney service at its best.

So, I'm staying at Boardwalk.

giphy.gif

I'm really excited about staying at a new place and experiencing the actual Boardwalk itself. Being within walking distance to Epcot is a-mazing. I did, unfortunately, cancel our two ADRS to Boma for breakfast and dinner as it will be too far out of the way. We are keeping Sanaa because it's during an AK park day. I'm so sad to not stay at AKL, but this is some really good magic and I won't look a pixie-dust-sprinkling fairy in the mouth.

With that being said, somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know anything about the Boardwalk. I know there aren't a lot of food options. Is there even a CS option? Where do you get your refillable mugs? Give me the lo-down, friends. Tell me all the good stuff!!!!

All your puppy stories make me feel better about my puppy stories. My puppy is 1 day shy of 16 weeks. His worst habit is peeing on blankets if we aren't paying enough attention to him. At least those can be cleaned! He isn't allowed to sleep in bed yet but he does well in his crate. We started with crate training as soon as we got him & I know his breeder did started with some crate training too for all the puppies. Only barks when he needs to go potty when inside the crate if making noise didn't wake us up. Teething has started though so I'm sure he will be chewing up a storm soon. Now if I could just get the older dog and him to get along better...He has started digging though in the sand in the backyard, so he isn't allowed outside unsupervised so he doesn't leave the fenced in yard.

Maybe you've got him started so early he'll be okay. Our baby was a rescue pup that lived in 5 states by the time she got to me at 4 months old. She didn't know what love was. She has a really hard time with affection. She wants you to love her, but she thinks she has to bite your hand to get you to pet her. She was so destructive when I got her. She has come a long way, but she has so much more to go. We love her so much, though.

Andy had this on our last trip and said it was really good! I personally love the float! But I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I would love to try this as well!

We tried this last time. It was good but personally like the dole whip better. But you need to try and for yourself and decide!

I had this last time..... so YUMMY!!! Def get!

My other possible suggestions:
  • Raspberry Macaron from France Pavilion - Sooooooo good! Light and refreshing.
  • Gelato Macron from France Pavilion - This is in the ice cream shop. They are remade, so you usually have 2 flavor choices but delicious!
  • Gelato Grey Goose Martini from the France Pavilion - Not sure if you drink much, but this is really good! You can choose your flavor gelato to go with the grey goose. yum.
  • Mr. Kamal's Fries in Animal Kingdom - they are seasoned fries with tazki sauce one them. Really different!

If you end up switching to Wilderness Lodge, they have a bacon donut that my daughter LOVED!

Thank you for the recommendations! I HATE raspberry so that's out, ha! I've thought about the martini many times, but have never tried it.

Awesome news on getting moved over to Boardwalk, thing are most definitely picking up for you!!!!

We've stayed at Boardwalk once and are staying there again in August. There are lots of food options in the area, but largely on the table service side. The Boardwalk Bakery is the counter service option for the resort and I believe that is where you can get the mugs. But given that you can literally just walk into the World Showcase, your options really are limitless.

So you're going to follow me to my other resort during my stay ;).

Boardwalk does have a CS - Boardwalk Bakery. That is where you get your refillable mugs filled. There are a ton of food options at Boardwalk! Boardwalk Bakery, ESPN Zone, Big River Brewery, Flying Fish, Pizza Window, 2 Food Kiosks on the Boardwalk, Trattoria al Forna, 4 bars plus you have the Yacht/Beach, Swan/Dolphin and EPCOT right there. You won't go hungry!

Just so you know - Saturday & Sunday Morning at the beginning of your trip - there will be runners as the 10K/Half Marathon run by that area. You could even come say hi to me during the 10K ;).

~~
We had a rescue pup before so I understand those struggles! Glad you are showing them the love they deserve!

Awesome news on getting moved over to Boardwalk, thing are most definitely picking up for you!!!!

We've stayed at Boardwalk once and are staying there again in August. There are lots of food options in the area, but largely on the table service side. The Boardwalk Bakery is the counter service option for the resort and I believe that is where you can get the mugs. But given that you can literally just walk into the World Showcase, your options really are limitless.

I feel so much better! I feel my inner Charlotte dancing around.

Yes!!! I cannot believe we are going to just be able to *poof* strut our stuff all up in that WS anytime we want for some awesome CS. Got a craving for Chinese at 8:00? No problem! Poof!

PLUS!!!! I FINALLY GET TO GO TO AMPLE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're going to follow me to my other resort during my stay ;).

Boardwalk does have a CS - Boardwalk Bakery. That is where you get your refillable mugs filled. There are a ton of food options at Boardwalk! Boardwalk Bakery, ESPN Zone, Big River Brewery, Flying Fish, Pizza Window, 2 Food Kiosks on the Boardwalk, Trattoria al Forna, 4 bars plus you have the Yacht/Beach, Swan/Dolphin and EPCOT right there. You won't go hungry!

Just so you know - Saturday & Sunday Morning at the beginning of your trip - there will be runners as the 10K/Half Marathon run by that area. You could even come say hi to me during the 10K ;).

~~
We had a rescue pup before so I understand those struggles! Glad you are showing them the love they deserve!

Yes, girlfriend, I had to come over with you!

Okay, I was wrong. There's food everywhere.

Thank you for the warning about the marathon. I had forgotten about that! I'll be your best cheerleader!

Congrats on the upgrade!!!! That is amazing! I know nothing about the boardwalk Inn.

We did do Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast on our last stay and the food was really good there!

Checking in to start from the end backwards, lol! Congrats on the pixie dust that is so amazing!!! As Dis_Yoda mentioned you have a great option with the Boardwalk Bakery downstairs for quick service. We also really like Picabu quick service in the Dolphin which is a short walk away if you are looking for something different - they have some interesting options like burrito, nachos, tacos like at Moe's or Chipotle where you tell them how to build it.

My wedding is this week but I am saving my spot to come back and catch up when I'm sitting on the beach next week :D Congrats again!!! Yay yay yay!!!

Congrats on the upgrade!!!! That is amazing! I know nothing about the boardwalk Inn.

We did do Trattoria Al Forno for breakfast on our last stay and the food was really good there!

Thank you! I just watched a video, but it wasn't very helpful. My husband was making fun of the poor narrator.

I looked at the menu at Trattoria for breakfast. It's a possibility since we lost Boma.

Checking in to start from the end backwards, lol! Congrats on the pixie dust that is so amazing!!! As Dis_Yoda mentioned you have a great option with the Boardwalk Bakery downstairs for quick service. We also really like Picabu quick service in the Dolphin which is a short walk away if you are looking for something different - they have some interesting options like burrito, nachos, tacos like at Moe's or Chipotle where you tell them how to build it.

My wedding is this week but I am saving my spot to come back and catch up when I'm sitting on the beach next week :D Congrats again!!! Yay yay yay!!!

Thank you for coming over! Oooh, good to know.

I was just thinking about you and wondering when your wedding was!!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations! I cannot wait to hear all about the wedding!!!! Good luck, sweet friend!

There's Magic in the Air!

Okay, as you all know, I've been moping around about AKL and the pool since I found out. Then, I heard they were starting room refurbishments. I've been waiting for a call from Disney for a whole week. Might know as soon as I step in the shower, they call. My husband didn't bother answering the phone even though he has been on 407- Watch for the past week. I sneeze, you watch the phone. I pee- you watch the phone.

I called her back and spoke to a very kind CM. She wasn't the one who called me, but she said she could read the notes. We spoke for a few minutes about it being our wedding anniversary, having a resort day built in, my love for AKL, and how I didn't want to leave the resort but I didn't want to pay for what I couldn't use. She said she understood and she had an offer for us. I asked if it was possible to slide over to Kidani side, but she said no. She said if we wanted to stay at AKL she could make sure we were away from the noise. She then told me her offer was a complete price match at Boardwalk in a garden view room. Excuse me?

View attachment 323791

Let me clean out my ears, lady. I can't hear squat.
Lets try this again.

View attachment 323792

Okay, I've done my research on resorts, but I know nothing, zilch, zippo about Boardwalk because it's always been so far out of my price range that I could never imagine getting to stay there. I was drilling her so much that she politely asked me if I had a computer so I could look at it. I asked her about room only discounts if they are released later on. That's when she told me that they made a $2500.00 price adjustment for us. Okay, you know what's coming next.

View attachment 323793

I asked Jason if he was okay with it. He doesn't care. Then, I thought, you are really stupid if you don't accept this offer. So, I did. All I can say is, thank you. I am overwhelmed by her generosity. She didn't *HAVE* to do anything for us. There technically is another pool. We would have survived, but she took an extra step and time out of her day just to make our anniversary and vacation more special for us. This is the Disney magic we talk about. This is the kindness that makes us keep going. I am guilty of complaining about prices. Heck, I'm livid about the parking fees. I ask myself all the time why we don't go somewhere else. This is why. People like her. It's the Disney service at its best.

View attachment 323794

I'm really excited about staying at a new place and experiencing the actual Boardwalk itself. Being within walking distance to Epcot is a-mazing. I did, unfortunately, cancel our two ADRS to Boma for breakfast and dinner as it will be too far out of the way. We are keeping Sanaa because it's during an AK park day. I'm so sad to not stay at AKL, but this is some really good magic and I won't look a pixie-dust-sprinkling fairy in the mouth.

With that being said, somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know anything about the Boardwalk. I know there aren't a lot of food options. Is there even a CS option? Where do you get your refillable mugs? Give me the lo-down, friends. Tell me all the good stuff!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, I told you they were working on something amazing for you :D That's awesome! You're going to love it! I mean, I say that without knowing, but that's where we booked 'cause it looks so amazing. I have no tips, just check out the Boardwalk thread for logistics on things like the refillable mugs--they're super helpful over there. You could also do the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno if you like Ariel/Prince Eric and Rapunzel/Flynn--it gets pretty good reviews and its some interesting, slightly not-run of the mill characters.

but mostly, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Poutine with Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Refreshment Port at Epcot--Cheese Soup, cheese curds, and fries? Yes, please.

Yum! I meant to try this on our last trip but with all the F&G stuff I haven't made it there yet.

Kobe Brisket Poutine from Nomad Lounge- Okay, my husband loves poutine. He's Texan so brisket is like gold to him. Again, I love fries. This looks like the perfect snack.

We were there last week and it's no longer on the menu :sad: I have a friend who went there around March hoping to get it and they had just taken it off. As far as I saw they haven't added it back.

ongo Lumpia and Night Blossom from Pongu Pongu

The Lumpia was so good! And Josh loves the Night Blossom.

Any tips or other must haves I should know about?

For Nomad Lounge they have amazing churros even if they don't have the poutine, and the poutine at the Daily Poutine is incredible. We've had both the classic and Italian.

giphy-gif.323794

:cheer2:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See, I told you they were working on something amazing for you :D That's awesome! You're going to love it! I mean, I say that without knowing, but that's where we booked 'cause it looks so amazing. I have no tips, just check out the Boardwalk thread for logistics on things like the refillable mugs--they're super helpful over there. You could also do the character breakfast at Trattoria al Forno if you like Ariel/Prince Eric and Rapunzel/Flynn--it gets pretty good reviews and its some interesting, slightly not-run of the mill characters.

but mostly, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I can't wait until you go, and you can give me all the pointers! I have looked into that breakfast. I may just have to add it. I need good ideas for our last dinner. We always do a resort dinner on our last night, but I'm lost.

Yum! I meant to try this on our last trip but with all the F&G stuff I haven't made it there yet.

We were there last week and it's no longer on the menu :sad: I have a friend who went there around March hoping to get it and they had just taken it off. As far as I saw they haven't added it back.

The Lumpia was so good! And Josh loves the Night Blossom.

For Nomad Lounge they have amazing churros even if they don't have the poutine, and the poutine at the Daily Poutine is incredible. We've had both the classic and Italian.

:cheer2:

Awww, no, it's gone!!! Sad!!!! Come on, get to work on your report so I can see all your goodies! :lovestruc

Wooo-Hooo! That's awesome!!! So happy for you!

Thank you so much! I've giggled all day!

I can't wait until you go, and you can give me all the pointers! I have looked into that breakfast. I may just have to add it. I need good ideas for our last dinner. We always do a resort dinner on our last night, but I'm lost.

Flying Fish might be an option? The food has gotten pretty good reviews, and it seems nice but not crazy busy or loud. I'll let you know what we think after we eat there! :)

Flying Fish might be an option? The food has gotten pretty good reviews, and it seems nice but not crazy busy or loud. I'll let you know what we think after we eat there! :)

Ehhhh the menu didn't appeal to us very much. No worries, I already changed all my ADRs around last night, and I've found some "hopefuls" for our last day. :D

So, we bought there last year - stayed for the first time (in a BW View Room) in February, and will be there again on points in October. We also own at AKV and love it there, but we LOVED Boardwalk. I liked the resort much better than I thought I would.

Food options - I thought they were going to completely suck, but they were better than I thought. The Belle Vue Lounge inside the hotel section has some breakfast choices as well as some other stuff throughout the day. Boardwalk bakery has a decent selection of foods all day, and then there are quite a few booths and such. You also have Ample Hills right there which has pretty amazing ice cream, as well as Big River Grille which is TS, but it's a walk-in and not real expensive. EPSN Club, Flying Fish, Trattoria Al Forno all there also. You are also a short walk from Swan and Dolphin and BC&YC so there's LOTS of restaurants to choose from if you want fine dining.

The mugs are available at the Belle Vue, Boardwalk Bakery and also they can be refilled at the pool bar. (The pool doesn't have active scanners so I would suspect you could bring a spare old mug and get it filled there - but you didn't here that from me.)

We stayed on the DVC side, so not too familiar with the layout of the hotel side, but there is a quiet pool over there. The main pool is OK, I think it's got one of the better water slides on property except for the creepy clown head.

And of course - there's Jellyrolls - our favorite way to spend a late night at WDW. If you want to stretch your drink dollar there - order the Red Solo Cup Special drink, which still costs $12 but can last a while, as opposed to the $8 8 oz mixed drinks.

If you haven't read it, my current TR has a tour of the Boardwalk on page 3.

So, we bought there last year - stayed for the first time (in a BW View Room) in February, and will be there again on points in October. We also own at AKV and love it there, but we LOVED Boardwalk. I liked the resort much better than I thought I would.

Food options - I thought they were going to completely suck, but they were better than I thought. The Belle Vue Lounge inside the hotel section has some breakfast choices as well as some other stuff throughout the day. Boardwalk bakery has a decent selection of foods all day, and then there are quite a few booths and such. You also have Ample Hills right there which has pretty amazing ice cream, as well as Big River Grille which is TS, but it's a walk-in and not real expensive. EPSN Club, Flying Fish, Trattoria Al Forno all there also. You are also a short walk from Swan and Dolphin and BC&YC so there's LOTS of restaurants to choose from if you want fine dining.

The mugs are available at the Belle Vue, Boardwalk Bakery and also they can be refilled at the pool bar. (The pool doesn't have active scanners so I would suspect you could bring a spare old mug and get it filled there - but you didn't here that from me.)

We stayed on the DVC side, so not too familiar with the layout of the hotel side, but there is a quiet pool over there. The main pool is OK, I think it's got one of the better water slides on property except for the creepy clown head.

And of course - there's Jellyrolls - our favorite way to spend a late night at WDW. If you want to stretch your drink dollar there - order the Red Solo Cup Special drink, which still costs $12 but can last a while, as opposed to the $8 8 oz mixed drinks.

If you haven't read it, my current TR has a tour of the Boardwalk on page 3.

I am pretty excited about Ample Hills Creamery. I have wanted to try it since I first heard about it, but I never thought we would make it over there. I didn't realize how close the resort was to Epcot. I've eaten at Yachtsman's Steakhouse, but I didn't pay attention to the proximity. We have a morning ADR for Trattoria Al Forno as well as reservations at both The Swan and The Dolphin. I have eaten at Big River Grille in another location before, but we weren't fans. Still, there are lots of food options that I never realized before!

We would like to visit Jellyroll's if we find the time.

I'm caught up on your report, but I don't think I remember the tour. I'll have to look again.

Thank you for your help!

Happy Halloween?

So, since we last left off, I've done some rearranging of the ADRS. I know you're all just so surprised.

robert-downey-jr-eye-roll.gif

I had to! We changed locations! Stop judging me!

Anyway, so I canceled Boma. :sad1: It's just too far out of the way now. I'm not going to get up extra early this time to go all the way over there for breakfast. We usually have dinner on our last night at our resort so I'm not really sure where to go. I'd love to find an ADR for Beaches and Cream, but so far nothing has popped up on any of our days. I went into a slight panic that I don't have a single ADR for our last day, but my husband said "we're going to be surrounded by food. . . we can go anywhere." This is true. And, we can totally just do CS all day. I just have that mindset of "go big or go home" because I'm going home so I have to go big, and that's just not true. Anyway, so here is what I did:

11/1/18- Thurs-arrival day
I moved Tokyo Dining and exchanged it for a dinner at Shula's. This way, we can go to any park we want, have a nice dinner for our actual wedding anniversary, and call it an early night since we'll be pretty exhausted from driving.

11/2/18- Friday
I moved 1900 Park Fare to breakfast that morning so we can go to MK.
We will have dinner at Tokyo Dining---for now. It's starting to appeal to me a little less.

I kept Sanaa. We'll be going to AK that evening so it'll work out.

Wed 11/7/18
I added a Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno at 10:35. We don't have a set lunch option that day so we'll likely grab a snack for lunch and have the afternoon tea party at 3:00. I can't wait to try this breakfast!

Okay, that's all for food changes. Lets move on to more pressing matters.

I love love love fall. I wish we could skip summer and head straight to September. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, especially now that I have a home. We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood so getting to have candy for the little trick r' treaters is so much fun for me. That, and Hocus Pocus is one of my all time favorite movies, but I watch that year round.

So. Jason says that he just doesn't like the idea of iron-manning it from here at 2:00 in the morning to get to Disney by a decent hour on our anniversary. He has decided he wants to leave the day before, which is Halloween? Now, all of you might be thinking "why does this bother you? You'll just be closer to Disney one day sooner." Yes, but it's Halloween. Plus, I have to get coverage for me at work for another day, and my boss lets us dress up. And, I have to find another hotel to stay in and spend more money on food. I understand his point as he just doesn't want to rush it and be exhausted. I just want to be home for Halloween with all the kiddos and hear "hey, that lady has the good candy" again. I mean, I want to see their sweet little smiling faces. . . *ahem*

My point is, it looks like we'll be spending Halloween in Orlando. At least, the evening portion. Has anyone ever been off-site in Orlando for Halloween? I'd like to find something to do, but I don't know what. I would love to go to *THAT OTHER PARK* but that's just not going to happen. Any help here?

I had to! We changed locations! Stop judging me!
I think we would judge if you DIDN'T make changes! That's why we are all here!

11/1/18- Thurs-arrival day
I moved Tokyo Dining and exchanged it for a dinner at Shula's. This way, we can go to any park we want, have a nice dinner for our actual wedding anniversary, and call it an early night since we'll be pretty exhausted from driving.
Probably a good idea!

Wed 11/7/18
I added a Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno at 10:35. We don't have a set lunch option that day so we'll likely grab a snack for lunch and have the afternoon tea party at 3:00. I can't wait to try this breakfast!
OMG!!! Yeah!!! If the breakfast calzone looks even remotely good to you or your husband, GET IT!!!! Soooo good!!!! It was literally my favorite thing from our last trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter