no alcohol with buffets on DDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_orange_bird

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, am I understanding this correctly? Are alcoholic beverages not included with buffets or family style meals on the 2018 DDP?

(For example, at ‘Ohana or Akershus Princess dinner)

This is what the official Disney website says:
“Each Table-Service meal includes (for lunch or dinner):

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*
  • Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
-OR-

• 1 Full Buffet** or Family-Style Meal”

But it just strikes me as odd that they would add alcoholic drinks but then exclude them from restaurants like that. Especially bc I thought I read somewhere on here that they were able to get the Lapu Lapu (minus the pineapple) at ‘Ohana.

Thanks!

It's worded poorly, the buffet or family style meal substitutes for entree and dessert, it doesn't mean you will not get a beverage.

It is just bad wording. If you look at the actual experiences thread, you'll see lots of people have reported back that they were allowed to order an alcoholic drink at character meals/buffets/dinner packages.

Alcohol is available at all of the buffets/ayce! We were just there on the DP and I got drinks at both breakfast and dinner at Ohana, dinner at 1900 PF, and lunch at Tusker House.

Rwould you still be able to have an alcoholic beverage in the “tent” at the Caribbean Beach resort temporary buffet for a Counter service Buffet?

Rwould you still be able to have an alcoholic beverage in the “tent” at the Caribbean Beach resort temporary buffet for a Counter service Buffet?
Are they charging this as a QS or TS? Either way you should be able to get one as long as it’s available. We just stayed at Poly and I was able to get wine with all of my QS meals.

We were there last week and Ohana dinner would not let us get non alcoholic specialty drinks... San Angel inn Mexico gave us a hard time too... Very disappointing... And at mama melrose she told us no but then I insisted and then we were allowed their specialty lemonade

And at mama melrose she told us no but then I insisted and then we were allowed their specialty lemonade
The Mama Melrose menu lists Light Lemonade Punch in an Ariel or Toy Story souvenir cup with a glow cube, but this would not be included in the Dining Plan. It should have been allowed if you just wanted the lemonade in a regular glass since Light Pomegranate Lemonade is listed along with the other fountain drinks.

Hello everyone, am I understanding this correctly? Are alcoholic beverages not included with buffets or family style meals on the 2018 DDP?

(For example, at ‘Ohana or Akershus Princess dinner)

This is what the official Disney website says:
“Each Table-Service meal includes (for lunch or dinner):

• 1 Entrée
  • 1 Dessert*
  • Non-alcoholic Beverage (or Alcoholic Beverage, for Guests 21 and older)
-OR-

• 1 Full Buffet** or Family-Style Meal”

But it just strikes me as odd that they would add alcoholic drinks but then exclude them from restaurants like that. Especially bc I thought I read somewhere on here that they were able to get the Lapu Lapu (minus the pineapple) at ‘Ohana.

Thanks!
Well you're not allowed drinks in souvenir cups, I wonder if that could be it?

Well you're not allowed drinks in souvenir cups, I wonder if that could be it?

You've resurrected a thread from 2018. All reports from 2019 was that adults 21 and over DID get alcoholic drinks at buffets if on DDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter