Nikon D90 "Err CHA" Help?!

Having had this camera for two years (and being the originator of this thread) here's what I can tell you. I returned the first camera for the current one and experienced this error again months later. It's actually a common problem with the D90. Two things: If you are using a high speed memory card get one that isn't as fast. The camera just can't keep up. (A "lesser" memory card will solve the CHA error.) If you are "heavy handed" you need to develop a lighter touch when pressing the shutter. My DH never fails to "lock it up" when handed the camera. He just doesn't know how to ease off the shutter button. I haven't done it since I first got the camera and have found it to be pretty reliable after learning these "quirks." To clear the error, shut the camera down, remove the battery, wait a few minutes and replace the battery. Should we have to do this? No, but it is what it is if returning for a different model is not an option. Replacing for another D90 will not do the trick as it happens in most of them. (google D90 error)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter