News Round Up 2020

LOL.

Great marketing though - I am sure a lot of people have been reluctant to try and go because they felt it was unsafe or not worth the money. They sold both of those pretty well with those testimonials.

I had my sister-in-law's family just come back from a trip (which they were able to go to the coast to see the SpaceX launch) and they had nothing but good things to say. They are a Disney "casual" family and last time they went was 5 years ago, but seems like they had fun with their 3 young girls (ages 3 through 9). They obviously don't know a lot of what they are missing.

I'd suspect that Disney will be marketing to those families who just want an "escape" after a hard year. It probably will be magical to them despite having to wear masks as they won't even know they are missing. They probably don't even know there "should" be fireworks, parades, live-action shows, meet and greets, street entertainment, character meals, etc. I am sure a lot of the "once or twice in a lifetime" crowd are perfectly fine with Disney as it is (especially if they aren't really worried about catching COVID).

I did a bit of that vibe from these ... the idea of it was time with our family and there were Disney things and itw as fun and (implicitly) a break from our everyday lives

I do think this is only one side of the story - maybe there are legit, legal reasons he isn't due those residuals, etc.
That’s what I was thinking when I saw that story a couple of days ago. Especially since he’s the only author so far that’s come forward. There were tons of authors in the old EU and none of them have stated the same, and some are still writing for Disney now (like Zahn). And ADF wrote his novels long before most of the others, so he may have been covered under a different contract or payout structure prior to the publishing rights being purchased by Bantam or DelRey before Disney. So I’ll wait until I hear the full story, if we get to hear the full story.

What? I can't go on a water ride in January when the temp is in the 60s? :). (I know . .it's a standard winter refurb .. just playing around) .. That just unfortunately drops the number of attractions at AK to even lower during January. (I think that will drop the park to what? 6 rides (7 if you count the train) and 1 show (2 if you count the animation experience)? Oof. Without M&Gs and the Boneyard, that makes not much to do in that park with kids.

Yes, at the drive-thru. But it wasn't busy... no one else was waiting behind me.

I asked if they had the Disney toys and she said yes. I asked if they had all of them. She had me wait a minute while she checked. When she came back on the speaker, she said they had all of them.

I asked if I could buy just a complete set of the toys without buying 10 happy meals. She said if I ordered any food item, the toys would be 56 cents each. :banana:

The entire process sounds long as I'm describing it, but lasted maybe 2 minutes.
Thanks. This just seems like the kind of thing that would be much harder in a drive through. I'll try at an off time. Thank you for the information.

Yes, at the drive-thru. But it wasn't busy... no one else was waiting behind me.

I asked if they had the Disney toys and she said yes. I asked if they had all of them. She had me wait a minute while she checked. When she came back on the speaker, she said they had all of them.

I asked if I could buy just a complete set of the toys without buying 10 happy meals. She said if I ordered any food item, the toys would be 56 cents each. :banana:

The entire process sounds long as I'm describing it, but lasted maybe 2 minutes.

I was that person that asked when I got my lunch but they only had minnie driving the dino vehicle. It was 1.89 with my food. 9 more to go...

Ah, so using the area that will be entrance to Space 220 for the current queue for Mission Space?
Most attractions have big extended queues marked. How often they are actually used is another question. Slinky has queue markings all the way into the little mermaid queue. Flight of passage has them in the FotLK queue. I don’t think these markings are an indication of an opening as they’ve been there for a while now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter