News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
RUMOR

Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope meet coming to EPCOT ... potential for Joy and Sadness meet to move to Imagination pavilion

Blog Mickey is also reporting this - but seems to just be a regurgitation of what the below says so may just be single source so far

View attachment 359948

Turns out it's the other way around. Blog Mickey wrote the story this morning and the facebook page in the screenshot mindlessly stole the story from Blog Mickey and passed it off as their own

Edit: Looks like they deleted the post. Must have been another copy/paste job after all

Last edited:
I think there's no need for a fifth gate. I think they need to continue expanding capacity in their existing parks, though, which is what they've been doing and have to hopefully continue doing after Star Wars, Ratattoullie and Guardians, and Tron. (And yes there's the argument that guardians replaced a high capacity existing ride, but a high capacity ride no one rides on is not a high capacity ride....guardians to me expands capacity by taking a ride no one rides and exchanging it for what is likely to be a popular ride.
Agree .. there is space to expand at all the parks (without impacting guest experience too much .. as they can do the construction on the "edges" of the park.

They just need to get Epcot and AK up to the level that MK and DHS(probably) will be .. "full" day parks with more attractions than you can possibly do in one day. This is what helps spread the crowds out.

The problem the past decade or so is that they kept shutting things down at DHS and Epcot (while having good attractions) .. didn't have enough of them. It had too many skippable attractions .. too many shows or movies as opposed to rides.

I think we'll see AK expand with a new attraction or land before we see a 5th gate. It could really use 2 or so more attractions to be on par with the other parks.

Or .. they will really expand World Showcase and Future world .. and just make that park two separate parks. (I mean each one is about the same size as the Universal parks).

I’m also hoping that when those new resorts open 60 day fp will move back to only onsite stays. Otherwise that would be a lot more people fighting for fp at 60 days.
It's probably why they did it. To test the waters of how hundreds of more rooms being added to the 60-day FP pool would affect things.

Again .. Disney is creating demand for their product (Early FPs) by increasing supply. Increasing the supply makes it harder to get those FPs you really want, thus increasing the demand for ways to pay for FPs (via parties or EMM or DAH), etc.

As I gather the new River Country resort will be Deluxe, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of FP breakdown similar to club level where all Deluxe resorts get 90 day FPs .. other resorts get 60 .. and off-site gets 30. I can easily see a bunch of "us' that have never stayed in Deluxe resorts due to their cost, considering the jump if it means getting FPs 30 days sooner with a smaller pool of people fighting over them.

I’m also hoping that when those new resorts open 60 day fp will move back to only onsite stays. Otherwise that would be a lot more people fighting for fp at 60 days.

That is a potential issue of the more onsite hotels - but I given that a lot of the new construction is for moderate or deluxe hotels I think Disney views those Disney Springs hotels as their added "value" rooms ... so I don't see that ending any time soon

We have seen that they added the ability for those staying concierge to add additional FP that can be booked 90 days out, I wonder if they might extend that so if staying deluxe you get 90 days, moderate and onsite values you get 60 days and Disney Springs gets 45 days or something like that

It's probably why they did it. To test the waters of how hundreds of more rooms being added to the 60-day FP pool would affect things.

Again .. Disney is creating demand for their product (Early FPs) by increasing supply. Increasing the supply makes it harder to get those FPs you really want, thus increasing the demand for ways to pay for FPs (via parties or EMM or DAH), etc.

As I gather the new River Country resort will be Deluxe, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some sort of FP breakdown similar to club level where all Deluxe resorts get 90 day FPs .. other resorts get 60 .. and off-site gets 30. I can easily see a bunch of "us' that have never stayed in Deluxe resorts due to their cost, considering the jump if it means getting FPs 30 days sooner with a smaller pool of people fighting over them.

I'd love to see how the CL test is going.

I just have to think there is a lot of attrition at 90 days. And once you pay more for that access, you aren't going to be happy when you "lose"out due to no fault of your own (sickness, transportation, etc...).

I don't know if having that many people (deluxe) having access at 90 days will cause issues for WDW in managing changes. I don't think the 60 day number is arbitrary. I want to guess that they tested how far out people could make detailed plans with minimal changes, and that's the number they landed on. They now have a lot more "real" data, so perhaps they are becoming more confident in a larger window.

I could definitely see it as you state, different levels dependent on where you stay. I could also see them rolling out the CL test to all of deluxe. Why give it out for "free" when you can get that $50/pp? :)

News

Priceline Express has some incredible deals on Disney hotels right now. All Star Sports for as low as $59 a night.

https://twitter.com/lentesta/status/1054047139611992066?s=21

Also AKL is reported being available next weekend for $149/night!

It's undoubtedly one of the busiest month's now, yet there still seems to be some soft bookings at these locations. Coronado is $89/night during this time.

Looks like there may be some more DVC conversions in the future, lol

Also AKL is reported being available next weekend for $149/night!

It's undoubtedly one of the busiest month's now, yet there still seems to be some soft bookings at these locations. Coronado is $89/night during this time.

Looks like there may be some more DVC conversions in the future, lol
If my room wasn’t already paid for I’d look into this to see if there was any availability at a mod or deluxe for wine and dine weekend.

IMO a 5th cannabilizes the other parks. People only have so much time as it is. You add another park and people are spending less time at the other 4. I almost feel 4 is the perfect number. Less than that and there is still room for expansion. More than 4 and you could have some issues. Also if a recession happens (which it’s bound to happen eventually as it always does) people won’t be coming in droves to WDW.

The other parks NEED to be cannibalized if they care anything about guest satisfaction. I agree it doesn't make financial sense for Disney to build a 5th gate, but it would greatly improve the guest experience. If they were turning a profit in the 80s and 90s with half empty parks part of the year and without all the ridiculous upsells, hard ticket events, dessert parties, ect., then there is no reason to have the parks reaching such a high capacity today. I don't look forward to WDW will potentially look like after a generation of focusing only on maximizing profits on the once in a lifetimers they know will keep coming no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter