News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wouldn't be a bargain. It's about $70 dollars round trip from the airport or Walt Disney World to the cruise terminal. So, it would be about $35 one way per person. For one way transfers, it's $210 for a party of 6 using DCL transportation. I can see that using the Minnie Van is only 30 dollars more, but I find it only worth it if you have a party of 6.

I suppose. I find this pricing if you have a group much more reasonable than the pricing from WDW to MCO.

yeah, we had a party of 6 so I was looking into just this. It is $70/person roundtrip on Disney transportation, so for the 6 of us it would have been $420

So we looked into private transport and got a van (that actually would have fit up to 8) for $330 round trip ($165/each way) and that included having car seats (which the lack of was a concern for us in the Cruise Line bus) and a stop at Publix to pick up wine and candy, etc.

But I suppose Disney's $480 round trip compared to the $330 I paid is a bit more reasonable (so like 45% markup) compared to the regular Minnie Vans over Uber/Lyft pricing or the airport transfer pricing

Just in time for me to see it!
I would much rather see the One Man's Dream film in there than another movie preview. Why doesn't Disney move or get ride of the Star Wars Path of the Jedi film and put all of the movie previews in that theater? That is a film I would much rather have changed out than the great history film of One Man's Dream.

I would much rather see the One Man's Dream film in there than another movie preview. Why doesn't Disney move or get ride of the Star Wars Path of the Jedi film and put all of the movie previews in that theater? That is a film I would much rather have changed out than the great history film of One Man's Dream.

Same. I've still never seen it since I started going regularly 6 years ago. I'm sure there are videos on youtube somewhere, but I've been hoping one day it will be playing while I'm there.

or at least rotate the previews with One Man's Dream film and people can get to see whichever one they want

They are still showing Path of the Jedi in the old "Sounds Dangerous" theater?

Man . the last time in there was during "Frozen Summer Fun" (2015) when they were showing Frozen Fever short - and that theater was in dire shape -- worse than most "budget" theaters - broken seats .. sticky floor.
I can't believe a synopsis of the Star Wars movies (in video form) is an actual attraction at giant theme park .. especially in pretty much an abandoned theatre.

That being said .. my son may want to check it out when we are there .. (having seen only 2 of the movies .. (but knows all the plots of the others via books, cartoons, legos, etc.)

New Sweet Treats coming to WDW in November ...

a.k.a. How to set up your kids for an eventual sugar crash

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...coming-to-walt-disney-world-in-november-2018/

nbvgcfsrw123.jpg
nbbvhcgtdrq12.jpg

Is anyone else a little bit miffed that Disney doesn't make snacks to taste good anymore, they make them to look good on instragram?

Is anyone else a little bit miffed that Disney doesn't make snacks to taste good anymore, they make them to look good on instragram?

True I will say the lime green soft serve was yummy when I had a Peter pan float this summer.

Last edited:
yeah, we had a party of 6 so I was looking into just this. It is $70/person roundtrip on Disney transportation, so for the 6 of us it would have been $420

So we looked into private transport and got a van (that actually would have fit up to 8) for $330 round trip ($165/each way) and that included having car seats (which the lack of was a concern for us in the Cruise Line bus) and a stop at Publix to pick up wine and candy, etc.

But I suppose Disney's $480 round trip compared to the $330 I paid is a bit more reasonable (so like 45% markup) compared to the regular Minnie Vans over Uber/Lyft pricing or the airport transfer pricing

We did an Uber for $80 each way back in April - minivan that fit 6 and luggage. No car seats, though.

I priced out regular Lyft vs. Minnie Van for a friend yesterday and it is nothing short of highway robbery unless you HAVE to be somewhere quick and HAVE to have two carseats. You can rent a car for less per day than what a Minnie Van from Poly to Beach Club costs.

Guys, just rode past the CBR gondola station on magical express. One thing that doesn’t come across in the photos...it is absolutely massive. It’s gotta be 40 feet tall and the size of a small hotel. I didn’t picture that it was that large having only seen the DHS and IG stations, which are much smaller.

Guys, just rode past the CBR gondola station on magical express. One thing that doesn’t come across in the photos...it is absolutely massive. It’s gotta be 40 feet tall and the size of a small hotel. I didn’t picture that it was that large having only seen the DHS and IG stations, which are much smaller.

Isn't that one of the spots where they come together and either go to DHS or epcot? And they change direction or have more lines coming in? Doesn't the Pop\AoA go through there? Seems it would need the size where the IG etc are an end destination and only need to turn around. Maybe it also has storage for when they need to add more cars when it gets busier.

Isn't that one of the spots where they come together and either go to DHS or epcot? And they change direction or have more lines coming in? Doesn't the Pop\AoA go through there? Seems it would need the size where the IG etc are an end destination and only need to turn around. Maybe it also has storage for when they need to add more cars when it gets busier.
Yes

exactly - it is where the 3 lines come together and everyone will need to change there (so need a lot of room for people to move around to get to other lines, etc.) and where the storage and, I believe, maintenance for the actual cars will be

So it needs to be at least 3 times larger than the other stations ... but I think @pjweaver 's point was actually seeing it in person puts into perspective just how big that results in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter