NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I noticed that for Fall 2019 there were no Star Wars or Marvel Days at Sea events. Are these no longer running for fall 2019? Or is this something that might get announced closer to the date?

Those are not typically fall things because of Halloween cruises and Christmas cruises.

Would a 7 day Southern (San juan to San Juan), followed by a 4 day San Juan to Port Canaveral B2B be allowed? I find this rule confusing....

Yes, that means that you are traveling from San Juan to Miami and that is allowed. What matters is where you first get on the ship and where you get off. Not in how many different bookings it is split into.

When do you think blackout dates for placeholder discounts will be announced? It's hard to plan or decide on a cruise without knowing this or the prices of the Fall 2019 sailings...

Anyone have any insider info?

Blockout days should become available on Monday when Platinum booking opens up.

By any chance would we know when they are releasing the costs of these sailings? It's great to know the itineraries but, I would like to know the prices. I can't find the prices anywhere.

Prices won’t be available for everyone until booking opens up. The Platinum people who start booking on Monday will be able to give us some idea. Since none of the itineraries are new I would use the corresponding 2018 cruises opening prices.

This is a good source for previous pricing: https://touringplans.com/disney-cruise-line/tools/fare-tracker

For the WBTA? I'd book now as I think those tend to sell pretty well. You can always check and see about reshopping it when you're on board in October - you're under no obligation to book anything just because you go to the desk. :)
yeah I was thinking that too. Pretty sure price would have already inflated by end of October :( just not sure by how much.
The past 4 years I've always gone on a DCL trip wih my dad for his birthday. We did the WBTA in 2016 from Barcelona to NY with my Mom as well and for category 9B we paid about $ 3,300 for 3 adults after the 10% onboard-booking discount. That was such a good deal! Fingers crossed price won't be that crazy for 2019 WBTA!

Hoping Platinum peeps post prices tomorrow!
Yes, that would be mighty kind of y'all to do that!

We are hoping for the Oct 19-27 8 night cruise out of Canaveral. The only thing that could have made it better was a double dip at CC:D

Anyone else hoping for this one!

Yes, that would be mighty kind of y'all to do that!

We are hoping for the Oct 19-27 8 night cruise out of Canaveral. The only thing that could have made it better was a double dip at CC:D

Anyone else hoping for this one!

Yes we are hoping to book this tomorrow! We are worried the price will be highly inflated because of the 8 night length and unique ports compared to the 7 night cruises.

Not sure if someone already made this comment or not, but I really think the issue with NYC/Quebec departures is the time of year they are offered.
To me, the appeal of a cruise with a NYC departure is that it would be more convenient to get to than a southern cruise port.
I imagine a lot of families in the northeast states as well as Ontario, Quebec and the eastern Canadian provinces would think the same.

Problem is, for families in those areas, fall is not necessarily the best time to cruise.
September is "back to school" month for most schools in eastern Canada and the US.
Cooler, even wintry, weather can start to creep in as early as October, which sort of puts a dampen on the whole "let's go on a cruise close to home" aspect of things.
If Disney was willing to offer summer NYC or Quebec departures, I would be willing to bet they would sell MUCH better.

Also, for me personally, I would prefer a few additional Canadian stops on the cruise, even at the expense of a sea day or two.
(If Disney offered an itinerary similar to the ones HAL offers between New York (or Boston) / Montreal in the summer, it would totally be a "take my money" moment.)
We did November 2017 and it was one of the coldest days of the year when we left, but a day later we were in shorts... no big deal.... but there were a lot of people who complained about wether (ironically, they were mostly people who live in the Northeast).

Yes, one-way US port New York to San Juan is ok. However if that is followed by another on-way San Juan to Miami, it is viewed as one passage from New York to Miami. Hence the two repositioning cruises to move the Magic down to Miami.

So I can book These two - NY to MIA because distant foreign ports are visited in between? Right?

Another quick opening day question: I have an OBB ($250 deposit) that I would like to use towards a fall 2019 cruise.
Can I book online and apply it?
I know in the past that was not possible, but the DCL email sounded as if they have changed it for this opening day?
I anticipate to book on silver day.

Another quick opening day question: I have an OBB ($250 deposit) that I would like to use towards a fall 2019 cruise.
Can I book online and apply it?
I know in the past that was not possible, but the DCL email sounded as if they have changed it for this opening day?
I anticipate to book on silver day.
If you have a placeholder, you'll need to call in.

Can platinum start booking at midnight tonight online or do we have to wait till 8am for internet access?

Whenever DCL opens online. I don’t believe there has been a stated time. Previous “opening” days (public when it has been online) I think online has opened anytime between 1am and 8am.

Good luck!

So I can book These two - NY to MIA because distant foreign ports are visited in between? Right?

No, distant foreign ports are ports in South America or Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao in the Caribbean. None of the ports on the DCL itineraries qualify as distant foreign ports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter