Newly single, looking for groups to travel with

disdoc93

Earning My Ears
Hey all. I come from a very pro-Disney extended family, but my ex spouse, not so much. Tried a few solo trips over the years, not my favorite experience TBH. However, I would be interested in a group trip where I can share the experience with other big Disney fans. Any suggestions?

Hey all. I come from a very pro-Disney extended family, but my ex spouse, not so much. Tried a few solo trips over the years, not my favorite experience TBH. However, I would be interested in a group trip where I can share the experience with other big Disney fans. Any suggestions?
There are quite a few of us on here that travel solo on a fairly regular basis, but I do think you have a good idea. I enjoy the parks myself, but solo travel does have it's inconveniences, but you have to have the right group to travel with. I usually meet up with a friend when I can, but I usually take 3-4 day trips, at the most. Would be open to a small group, if the timelines fit. Either coast. My next trip is early December. Feel free to dm me.

I don't know of any existing group that puts together a group trip.

Maybe you should start one. Pick a seven to ten day block and see who would like to join up for all or some of those days.

Meetup in Orange County, CA has a large Disneyland group - go meet at the Park and also have online shared video events. Maybe Florida has one too? Are you looking for people headed to CA/FL, or one of the outside the USA parks, Disney Cruises? Might be good to add some preferences?

Some great ideas, thanks! I would be open to any park or cruise, as my goal is to visit all of them.

There was a company called Amuslly that did small group tours for people going to amusement parks in general, but it seems like they are closed.

Maybe I'll start my own company, call it "Not Quite Solo" (NQS on the boards!). Or partner up with Dreams. Really just looking for a like-minded group to meet with a few times, have some dinners and drinks with and maybe share a few memories and rides with.

Does anyone have a good Dreams agent they work with?

Some great ideas, thanks! I would be open to any park or cruise, as my goal is to visit all of them.

There was a company called Amuslly that did small group tours for people going to amusement parks in general, but it seems like they are closed.

Maybe I'll start my own company, call it "Not Quite Solo" (NQS on the boards!). Or partner up with Dreams. Really just looking for a like-minded group to meet with a few times, have some dinners and drinks with and maybe share a few memories and rides with.

I've heard good things about MeetUp - and since they're already established as an entity people seek out to make new friends/share experiences, you can start a Disney-specific group on there - then partner with Dreams?

I typically travel solo but Disney has a company called Adventures by Disney and one of their trips is called Backstage Magic. While it also has Disney Hollywood components (including touring Imagineering) it also has a few days at Disneyland where you are a VIP. I really enjoyed it. Also, they have some weeks that are Adults only if you are like me who doesn’t want to travel with others kids.

Meetup in Orange County, CA has a large Disneyland group - go meet at the Park and also have online shared video events. Maybe Florida has one too? Are you looking for people headed to CA/FL, or one of the outside the USA parks, Disney Cruises? Might be good to add some preferences?
Just a note, to qualify as a group on a cruise you usually need 16 berths(or 8 cabins, solos typically count as 2 berths). You get some perks at this point. Once in a while, cruise lines discount the number of berths that qualify for group perks(say, something like 10 berths/5 cabins). I remember this from back when I was a travel agent. Well worth keeping in mind if anyone decides to get a cruise group together.

I’d be interested in a Disney group for solo travellers and meet other Disney adults

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter