New to Frontier

kokomos

DIS Veteran
I haven’t flown any airline in at about 10 years. Can you use phone app at the gate or will I need to print out tickets? There will be 2 of us. Tia

I haven’t flown any airline in at about 10 years. Can you use phone app at the gate or will I need to print out tickets? There will be 2 of us. Tia

You can use the phone app at security and the gate.

one phone will do as long as you can access each passengers ticket

Thought I’d continue my questions about Frontier here and not open a new thread. My inbound flight I will be taking Uber or lift to bonnet creek. Our last night we are staying at ASMo and planning to use DME FOR 8am flight. I have 1 checked luggage, no carry on and no seat assignment for our return flight. Will I be able to check my luggage at the resort or will I have to do this at the airport?

Thought I’d continue my questions about Frontier here and not open a new thread. My inbound flight I will be taking Uber or lift to bonnet creek. Our last night we are staying at ASMo and planning to use DME FOR 8am flight. I have 1 checked luggage, no carry on and no seat assignment for our return flight. Will I be able to check my luggage at the resort or will I have to do this at the airport?
You will have to check your luggage at airport and get your luggage out to DME bus. Have done this several times at various resorts as I can get Frontier flights for way less (yeah even after fees) than other carriers. It’s really no big deal though. You’ll also get the seat assignment (that the airline assigns you) when you check in for flight. I’ve not usually paid for assignments and we’ve been assigned seats right next to each other (2 people). As long as tickets were purchased together my personal experience has been we get seated together. But as always YMMV.

You will have to check your luggage at airport and get your luggage out to DME bus. Have done this several times at various resorts as I can get Frontier flights for way less (yeah even after fees) than other carriers. It’s really no big deal though. You’ll also get the seat assignment (that the airline assigns you) when you check in for flight. I’ve not usually paid for assignments and we’ve been assigned seats right next to each other (2 people). As long as tickets were purchased together my personal experience has been we get seated together. But as always YMMV.
Thank you.

No you will not be able to do RAC at your Disney resort. Frontier is one of the airline that does not participate in this service. You will have to put the bags on the bus with you.

No you will not be able to do RAC at your Disney resort. Frontier is one of the airline that does not participate in this service. You will have to put the bags on the bus with you.
Even if Frontier worked with RAC, the 8am departure would also negate RAC. ME pick up will be between 4:45-5:15. You're supposed to be at the ME stop ready to go 15 minutes before that. RAC doesn't open until 5. AND you need to have all your bags checked 3 hours before the flight. Can't happen.

Can you use phone app at the gate or will I need to print out tickets?

I fly multiple times a month. I personally think that if you have the ability to easily print your ticket you should. It takes extra time to scan the phone vs scanning a paper ticket. Yes its a small amount of time, but compounded over many passengers it can delay things long enough that when added with the other aspects of passenger loading and seating at some airports the flight can even miss its takeoff slot. This means everyone gets to wait in the plane on the tarmac until the next slot opens! It happens to me only a few times per year (SFO!!!), and the takeoff of a plane can be delayed by many factors including traffic.

Of course convenience is also important, don't stress about paper vs phone. If you do use your phone save an image of the boarding passes and put your screen brightness on maximum. Be ready before you get to the front of the boarding line. I also find it easier to carry my bags and a paper pass in line rather than holding my bags and my phone. If you haven't flown in 10 years what you will find is that everything is easier! I've been a frequent flyer for only a few years now, but I've been on at least one flight every year since 1997. All of my horror stories come from the early 2000s. Make sure you look up what to expect with Frontier on your route, so nothing shocks you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter