New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our APs renew next month but I'm nervous about what may happen Tuesday so I went ahead and renewed them online... When you renew, it lists all of the blockout dates for the coming year for each pass.
I can definitely imagine them coming out with blockout dates for each individual park for silver and gold passes (as they have for the new FL resident pass) and raising the prices significantly. Prices went up about 5% in February. If they don't make significant changes now, it's going to impact crowd levels, etc for when SWGE opens in a year. Just my thoughts and what made me go ahead and renew a little early.

Faith nope.
I just go on history
But you can't seriously believe they are going to make anyone who has a pass pay more to continue to use that pass. Do you?
Now, I do have faith that they will make those who haven't bought yet pay more.

I honestly don’t know what to think about Disney right now on a lot of levels. The dramatic posts on these boards don’t help my mindset, either.

I want to believe that all vouchers will be honored no matter when they were purchased. I think it would be a real mess if they didn’t. I’m still entitled to my own concerns, though.

ETA: I think we can throw history out the window. It’s a new era of Disney coming.

This happens each time Disney makes big changes. Some will be priced out, some will stop going out of principle and I’m guessing many will quietly book future trips and pretend they never said it.

I will say I understand that people can get priced out. This has happened for us with Disney cruises. While we enjoyed going on a few over a 5 year period, it’s now been a couple of years for us and I don’t know when we’ll go in a Disney cruise again. We will, it just takes longer to save. I’m guessing these anticipated price increases will do that to some families at WDW too. Some people are vocalizing their thoughts in anticipation of what may (probably will) happen Tuesday.
I definitely understand people can get priced out, but it hasn't even happened yet! It's just crazy to me how quickly everyone is to react.

All Passes: All passes exclude activities/events separately priced. Pass types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice.

My concern is that a voucher only could be subject to change due to not being an activated pass.

The language above is a notice to people who haven't purchased yet... that the offer being shown is subject to modification at any time. But once you've paid your money, the contract is sealed with whatever terms were in effect when payment was exchanged. If Disney quietly removes the "no blockout dates" language from the page and you buy after the change, they can point to the language that it was "subject to change" if you complain.

Disney has a very strong legal department to avoid class action lawsuits. So, if they advertise "no blockout dates" I would accept that as a contract. They don't want to be paying settlements to the swarms of lawyers who are looking for a big corporation to trip up. Just as, if you booked your on-site room when Disney was advertising "free overnight parking" you could rest assured that when that policy changed, the old "free" language still applied to you. And when I redeem my old 1990's era "all three parks" hopper ticket that I found in my parent's garage, they will honor that for at least every park except Animal Kingdom.

So...we are planning on going in 2019 for a week

If I buy a set of regular tickets today, will they retain the ability to use them on any date (until the expiration date)

In other words, I won't have to worry about all of this date nonsense, which is pretty important to us because we reschedule trips often due to various circumstances

I feel awful for people making FPs tomorrow.
Me too! So thankful our FP window opened last Tuesday and not tomorrow!

I just took some time taking screen shots of a lot of the current information to better compare tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what happens. Once the system is somewhat reliable I'll be curious to price out the trip we already have booked for Sep 2019 to see how it compares! (LOL - I'm sure a whole bunch of us are ready to do the same thing!!) Ours is a FD BB so I won't be cancelling as I know the price won't be what I have now but I am curious to see how the prices line up anyway.

Anyone have any insight as to whether the third-party sellers, like UT, will continue selling the existing tickets until inventory is depleted or if they will be removing them from inventory tomorrow. (In the past, they've continued selling old tickets for a few extra days.) Also, do we know if they will be offering the newly priced tickets at a discount?

Anyone have any insight as to whether the third-party sellers, like UT, will continue selling the existing tickets until inventory is depleted or if they will be removing them from inventory tomorrow. (In the past, they've continued selling old tickets for a few extra days.) Also, do we know if they will be offering the newly priced tickets at a discount?
Len Testa posted a couple of days ago that third-party sellers will continue selling the “current-to be old” tickets until October 29th.

1. Anyone have any insight as to whether the third-party sellers, like UT, will continue selling the existing tickets until inventory is depleted
2. or if they will be removing them from inventory tomorrow. (In the past, they've continued selling old tickets for a few extra days.)
3. Also, do we know if they will be offering the newly priced tickets at a discount?

1. That's been said by some "insiders."
2. Maybe within a couple of weeks.
3. I'd say that's a given.

Len Testa posted a couple of days ago that third-party sellers will continue selling the “current-to be old” tickets until October 29th.
Excellent... thank you! So many variables. I may hang tight another day to have more information before pulling the trigger. If only we knew more about what would happen with the annual passes.

I don't know if my AP is available to renew or not. I went to check when a previous poster mentioned that theirs expires next month, so they went ahead and renewed. My pass was activated on Nov. 30, 2017. I'd love to just go ahead and renew if it was possible. I keep getting a Stitch error page when I follow the links to renew online, though.

EDIT: I see the renewal option on the MDE app. I’ll see if that works.

Strange. The tickets page on the Disney site is now taking me to what looks like the new ticket system, all quoted in Euro prices.

I don't know if my AP is available to renew or not... My pass was activated on Nov. 30, 2017.

APs can be renewed up to 60 days in advance of their anniversary (activated) date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter