New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a reservation booked through Disney for April 2019 with hotel and 3 day base tickets...the trip is not paid in full yet...will we have to switch to the new pricing or are we locked in with the price from when we booked?

Is there any way to "lock in" the price of the Premier Passport, in case the price goes up in the future? (Ha, of course it's going go to up.) My guess is no, because that AP can only be purchased on-site. Trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger on a WDW AP voucher now... but it probably won't do me any good if my intention is to activate and upgrade it around the October 2019?

Is there any way to "lock in" the price of the Premier Passport, in case the price goes up in the future? (Ha, of course it's going go to up.) My guess is no, because that AP can only be purchased on-site. Trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger on a WDW AP voucher now... but it probably won't do me any good if my intention is to activate and upgrade it around the October 2019?
It will lock in the current WDW AP cost, and will hold it there until at least the end of the year 2030.
If you decide not to upgrade to the Premier AP, then you will at least have the option of a WDW AP for the next several years
at no price increase.

It will lock in the current WDW AP cost, and will hold it there until at least the end of the year 2030.
If you decide not to upgrade to the Premier AP, then you will at least have the option of a WDW AP for the next several years
at no price increase.

That's a really good point. I had forgotten that the AP vouchers don't expire in the same way that the regular Magic Your Way tickets expire. I'll have to think about this a little more, since of course that's a lot of money to be tied up in an asset for future use. But knowing I can use them for a while really does help, with price increases being inevitable. Thanks Robo!

Edit: Also, I'm going to assume there's no such thing as price bridging in this case, since AP vouchers I assume fit in the category of tickets purchased directly from Disney, and also can't be part of a package.

My big fear is that APs will change in structure after I buy the vouchers. I don’t want to be stuck with APs that have blackout dates.

I think I’m going to wait.

My big fear is that APs will change in structure after I buy the vouchers. I don’t want to be stuck with APs that have blackout dates.

If you buy a voucher for the AP that says it has no blackout dates (The Platinum or Platinum Plus) then it won't have them. None is none. The passes specifically state NO blackout dates
Same can't be said for AP that does have them. They can, and probably will change.

I don’t think they would retroactively add blackout dates to an AP type that never had them, because they give you terms and conditions when you buy the pass and I haven’t heard anyone say that the Platinum and Platinum Plus have any wording reserving the option to add blackout dates. So if you buy\renew a non blackout AP I believe they would honor the no blackouts that pass had when you bought it.

I could see them making changes to blackout periods for those passes that already have blackouts. They have done that in the past, mostly in the guest’s favor by lifting blackouts but it can also go the other way.

I could also see them no longer selling an AP that doesn’t have blackout dates. Once everyone has at least some blackout dates, they have opened the door to making changes at any time to any pass. So if you bought a no blackout pass now, when you go to renew next year there might not be a no blackout pass left and you would have to select a pass with blackout dates if you wanted to renew.

No one knows for sure what will happen until it happens. That’s the worst part. I have to decide tomorrow if I want to buy a renewal voucher from AAA or wait until the 28th when I can renew direct with Disney. I am so on the fence, because involving a third party can be more problematic but at the same time, I can lock in the price and pass type. So stressed out . . .:sad2:

If you buy a voucher for the AP that says it has no blackout dates (The Platinum or Platinum Plus) then it won't have them. None is none. The passes specifically state NO blackout dates
Same can't be said for AP that does have them. They can, and probably will change.

I almost bought them today, but the fine print on the page made me uneasy about it.

What is your alternative if you don't buy them?

Waiting in the hopes we have an announcement before they go up/change. My APs expire next month, but we aren't returning until March. I have tickets in my account to cover our FPs at 60 days. I want to buy new APs rather than renew.

While it's nothing certain there is no historical precedence to their changing AP at the same time as tickets. They release AP rate changes later, historically. So I know all y'all are saying you are waiting till the 16th but honestly, I am afraid you'll be waiting longer than that. Just making sure you've thought of that

I'm not sure I understand why people are saying they won't go to Disney anymore or they are going to cancel trips? It hasn't even happened yet. I'd wait and see how bad it truly is first. I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't be a CRAZY hike. (or maybe that's naivete)

Then again, I'm waiting until December to upgrade to an AP. If the price goes up? Meh. It is what it is. I either don't go or pay more and I certainly want to keep going.

I almost bought them today, but the fine print on the page made me uneasy about it.
What exactly?
This is really clear. No is no

Disney Platinum Pass
  • Admission for a year to all 4 theme parks (No blockout dates)
  • Visit all 4 theme parks on the same day
  • Includes Disney PhotoPass downloads*
  • Up to 20% off on select dining
  • Up to 20% off select merchandise in store or online at Shop Disney Parks
  • Standard theme park parking

What exactly?
This is really clear. No is no

Disney Platinum Pass
  • Admission for a year to all 4 theme parks (No blockout dates)
  • Visit all 4 theme parks on the same day
  • Includes Disney PhotoPass downloads*
  • Up to 20% off on select dining
  • Up to 20% off select merchandise in store or online at Shop Disney Parks
  • Standard theme park parking

All Passes: All passes exclude activities/events separately priced. Pass types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice.

My concern is that a voucher only could be subject to change due to not being an activated pass.

While it's nothing certain there is no historical precedence to their changing AP at the same time as tickets. They release AP rate changes later, historically. So I know all y'all are saying you are waiting till the 16th but honestly, I am afraid you'll be waiting longer than that. Just making sure you've thought of that

I have thought of that and at the risk of going crazy with worry, I made an even crazier decision and bought 3 AP today. We’re going in January and next December. I’m not so worried about my January trip, I’m really worried about December when SWGE is potentially open. I’m super excited to finally, after 30+ trips, to be an AP holder!

I'm not sure I understand why people are saying they won't go to Disney anymore or they are going to cancel trips? It hasn't even happened yet. I'd wait and see how bad it truly is first. I'm cautiously optimistic that it won't be a CRAZY hike. (or maybe that's naivete)

Then again, I'm waiting until December to upgrade to an AP. If the price goes up? Meh. It is what it is. I either don't go or pay more and I certainly want to keep going.
This happens each time Disney makes big changes. Some will be priced out, some will stop going out of principle and I’m guessing many will quietly book future trips and pretend they never said it.

I will say I understand that people can get priced out. This has happened for us with Disney cruises. While we enjoyed going on a few over a 5 year period, it’s now been a couple of years for us and I don’t know when we’ll go in a Disney cruise again. We will, it just takes longer to save. I’m guessing these anticipated price increases will do that to some families at WDW too. Some people are vocalizing their thoughts in anticipation of what may (probably will) happen Tuesday.

All Passes: All passes exclude activities/events separately priced. Pass types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice.

My concern is that a voucher only could be subject to change due to not being an activated pass.
That's for a not purchased pass. I mean, come on, they don't make those who have a pass pay more once the pass is bought.
They do not make a Platinum pass become another type, once bought. No one who has a Platinum pass is going to wake up one day, look at MDE and see they now have an oh, Gold pass or even say a totally new thing, let's call it Orange. They will give no notice that when you go to renew, you have a new type, if they eliminate the pass you had.
They do and will make changes to the pass program without notice for non purchased passes.
A voucher is still a named pass, right? You don't buy an AP voucher you buy a specific Platinum voucher, right? Platinum is Platinum and will hold the credentials given when you buy it. If it's just a generic voucher, without a definition of the type, then that is different.

That's for a not purchased pass. I mean, come on, they don't make those who have a pass pay more once the pass is bought.
They do not make a Platinum pass become another type, once bought. No one who has a Platinum pass is going to wake up one day, look at MDE and see they now have an oh, Gold pass or even say a totally new thing, let's call it Orange. They will give no notice that when you go to renew, you have a new type, if they eliminate the pass you had.
They do and will make changes to the pass program without notice for non purchased passes.
A voucher is still a named pass, right? You don't buy an AP voucher you buy a specific Platinum voucher, right? Platinum is Platinum and will hold the credentials given when you buy it. If it's just a generic voucher, without a definition of the type, then that is different.

I certainly hope you’re right and it’s great that you have such faith.

I certainly hope you’re right and it’s great that you have such faith.
Faith nope.
I just go on history
But you can't seriously believe they are going to make anyone who has a pass pay more to continue to use that pass. Do you?
Now, I do have faith that they will make those who haven't bought yet pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter