New resort over Cabana Bay?

mommymanda

Mouseketeer
My plan for my family of 5 was to book a family suite at Cabana Bay. I am okay with losing the perks of higher resorts to cut costs for the over all trip.

Our trip will fall when the new resort opens (late August 2019) and they are saying costs may be less than CB, and still have family suites.

My question would be for those who know the area. The talk is this resort is 'on site', but a further distance than the others.

So how far is further? I again don't mind saving money, but I'd still like convience. Things like pool hopping, or easy trip to the parks?

As a note, I am used to Disney and pretty easy going. I have never had a complaint about walking or transportation while there...and I know many do. So if this new resort is simpler than Disney I'm set.

What "site" are you talking about?
Do you have a link for the site you are talking about?

The newest resort that is opening this year is Adventura Hotel.

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/universals-endless-summer-resort/

The first part of this resort is scheduled to open May 2019. It is apparently on the old Wet and Wild grounds, only traveling to the area once every few years I have no idea what that means for location.

I don't normally plan THIS FAR in advance. We had been set to travel August 2018, but life got in the way. Now we've had to bump the trip a year, but it seems like that will open some new options.

Now i I remember this new one in the works
Thanks for reshowing the link

Some will want to try the place out and others won’t

Not sure if they will stay on target with projected time frame for partial opening

Adventura will open this year for guests and they still will be working on finished it

Probably the reason why of the discounts they list for rooms for those booking the first few months

I won’t stay at this new one as I prefer the closeness to city walk and parks

I don’t do pools so that is not a drawing feature for me
Same with a room having a kitchenette
On vacation and I do not cook
Lol

I’m sure there will be some families that don’t mind the travel or cooking while on vacation

If you get a courtyard family suite at Cabana, they can be a lot closer to the bus stop than the tower ones. The new hotel is going to be just one tower so it may not be as far to walk to the bus, and it doesn't look like its far from Sapphire Falls so you could possibly walk over there and use the boats (unless they implement something that limits the boats to guests of that hotel only).

All the hotels are open to the public for shopping, eating and bars

Not sure how they can prevent from
anyone to use the boats to the hotels

When busy, Sfalls boat will make stops at RPR boat dock to pick up guests

Last October many times the rpr boat did pick ups at Sfalls when there were empty seats on the boat

https://orlandoinformer.com/universal/universals-endless-summer-resort/

The first part of this resort is scheduled to open May 2019. It is apparently on the old Wet and Wild grounds, only traveling to the area once every few years I have no idea what that means for location.

I don't normally plan THIS FAR in advance. We had been set to travel August 2018, but life got in the way. Now we've had to bump the trip a year, but it seems like that will open some new options.
Just to clarify, you're talking about staying at the Endless Summer resort and not Aventura, correct?

I read the op as planning on Endless Summer hotel which could be open in part, for summer 2019

Completion estimated to be 2020

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter