New Placeholder Extension/Cruise Date Flexibility Program

Can you do this if your placeholder has already been applied to a cruise? Our OBB expires in April 2021. We had a cruise booked for September 2020 which we moved to January 2021. I don't think the January cruise is going to happen and we won't PIF on it. I would love to move the OBB to a new cruise later in 2021 but I didn't think it was possible.

we’re you successful in moving this cruise. I’m in a similar situation

we’re you successful in moving this cruise. I’m in a similar situation

I haven't tried yet. There isn't really a cruise that I am both interested in and think will actually sail. I will probably try in the next few weeks and pick a random cheap cruise.

I haven't tried yet. There isn't really a cruise that I am both interested in and think will actually sail. I will probably try in the next few weeks and pick a random cheap cruise.

good luck. Let us know.

Hmm. I had a OBB reservation that expired June 19, 2021, and was just able to use it on June 20, 2021, so I know it's possible. In my instance, it was a used place holder that used for a February 2021 booking that they then moved to the June 20th date. Maybe see if they can book you a cruise for say March, when the placeholder is valid, and then move that to June? Seems a bit convoluted, but maybe it will work...
Our unused placeholder expires in May 2021. We have a cruise booked for June 2021 that is not using any placeholder. Our TA spoke with DCL and was told we should be able to apply the placeholder to the June 2021 sailing. So for 2 days now, with 2 different DCL reps, they were unable to get the placeholder benefits applied either by rebooking as new with all the same info or replacing the existing booking. TA said will call again and hopefully get an agent who could make this happen.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Hmm. I had a OBB reservation that expired June 19, 2021, and was just able to use it on June 20, 2021, so I know it's possible. In my instance, it was a used place holder that used for a February 2021 booking that they then moved to the June 20th date. Maybe see if they can book you a cruise for say March, when the placeholder is valid, and then move that to June? Seems a bit convoluted, but maybe it will work...
Our TA said they tried again and spoke with a supervisor and DCL was unable to get the placeholder (that expires in May 2021) to be used for our June 2021 cruise. Any other ideas?

Our TA was able to move our OBB to a reservation past the original expiration date. Our OBB was set to expire in April 2021 but we rebooked a November 2021 cruise using it. According to our TA the key was moving our current cruise before the PIF date.

Yes, my TA used a placeholder that expires 9/2021 and booked a November 2021 cruise. she said the new expiration would be March 31, 2022 if I needed to move it again. But I think that date has since changed to May 2022 now.

Thanks for the update. Our FPDD is 5.5 weeks away for our 14-nt WBPC sailing. Our OBB expires Sept 2021 but I’d love to extend it to the next WBPC in 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter