New members Planning for Early June.....

DVCFAM

Earning My Ears
The Attention DVC members thread includes a couple of member families planning to be at Disney during the first weekend of June. I don't want to start a discussion that could be problematic but I wouldn't want to find myself at the annual red T shirt weekend (first weekend in June) and new members who are making plans may not know anything about it.
Members who are planning to be here with their families during that weekend may want to contact a moderator.

The last 5 years we have been at WDW during that weekend and have never found it to be a problem at all. The first year we didn't even know that we were there during it until we got home and someone mentioned it to us. I think that the only thing that I noticed was some pretty funky looking hats one year. But who knows they might not have been part of the convention anyway. The only thing we do is find out where the convention is meeting each day just to avoid the extra crowds.

The only time I've noticed anything was last summer on the Saturday at MK. We tried to get to Buzz but gave up before the end of Mainstreet. I only noticed large numbers of people, not aberrant behavior...

Dave

horizonssignsm.gif

I'll bite! What is the Red T shirt thing all about??

I have always felt it is best to keep an open mind. I don't go around doing abherent things just because I am straight, and most non straight people don't go around doing abherent things just because they are not.

Disneydiane

Actually, the aberrant behavior discussion was the one I didn't want to start.
For new member info - the first week end in June has become an annual DisneyWorld get together for members of the homosexual community from all over the country. Special red t shirts are worn by all the partipants.

hi: a mini family trip (14 of us) were there during gay days last year-the weekend fell in the middle of our trip. all we did was avoid the crowds at the "park of the day" and all was fine. there weren't any problems at all.

when we have gone to WDW the first week in June. We always check out the schedule for the week and avoided the park that is being featured. No different than what we would do with any other gathering at WDW.

Like someone else said on this thread, we didn't even know Gay Days was going on the first few times we went during that time. It wasn't until our 3rd or 4th trip that I even became of it from someone else on a message board. I say that this happening won't stop a family from enjoying a vacation of a lifetime.

Dream it and you're there!

Off Site - '80,'82,'84,'87
Caribbean Beach - '92,'95,'00
DVC Purchase - 6/00
Vero Beach - '01

facebook twitter