New Look Website Appears to be Coming

Wakey

DIS Veteran
Was up and running in the early hours.

They took it down though.

The front page, before you even sign in, had an availability checker (suspect it would prompt you to sign in if using it) and lots more adverts- for Shop Disney, paid for member's events, Moonlight Magic and adding on.

When you logged in , your points are displayed in big circles, with the outer ring of the circle lighting up to represent the points remaining of your whole points for the year. So if you had them all, it would all light up, then decrease as you used them.

I didn't get the chance to see if the look and feel of the booking engine has changed at all- it was taken down by then.

It looked very smart but a lot more on your face pushing paid for events, members' cruise, etc.

It popped up on my phone a few days ago. I really liked how mobile friendly it was. The only downside I saw was you could only choose one room size while searching.

New announcement:

Over the next few weeks, the home page on the Disney Vacation Club website will be undergoing enhancements. Please be aware that you may notice a new-and-improved logged-in experience soon.​

I noticed a new look on the mobile site. I like the look of the big circles saying how many points I have and such. Now that I have a vacation booked the main page shows my countdown. As mentioned above trying to find a room from the home page of the site allows only 1 room type and only 1 resort.

I've seen that new home page off and on for the last week - sometimes it's there, sometimes not...... DVC IT is just great........(not)

BTW - when I tried to do an availability search from the new home page, I just get the swirly of death........so I would eventually give up, go to the dashboard and look from there...........

I've seen that new home page off and on for the last week - sometimes it's there, sometimes not...... DVC IT is just great........(not)

BTW - when I tried to do an availability search from the new home page, I just get the swirly of death........so I would eventually give up, go to the dashboard and look from there...........

Same thing happened to me

Same here. Why it would be directed to something different than when you access it thru the Book Online link is strange but that one works.

It popped up on my phone a few days ago. I really liked how mobile friendly it was. The only downside I saw was you could only choose one room size while searching.
Just a question, is there a DVC app? Thanks!

My take on the newest update (for searchers from our future: I'm talking 1/14/2019... history to you, go away now)

- No new functionality was added.
- Only one broken link was fixed that I have found, and it should have been eliminated verses fixing since it is redundant to other links that work better.
- Other more pressing issues still exist (missing room inventory).
- Marketing and flashy bits were added.

All in all... Disney IT and marketing are still at odds over what to do with the website. Obviously marketing won this battle.

Last edited:
They could at least make the graphic a hidden mickey like this when your account looks all sad with zeros.
mickey.png

I would be much happier if the web site didn't take so long to respond and didn't come back with "try again later" so often.
... or blank pages in the middle of modifying/reserving a reservation. SMH.

Oh! But now we have an annoying marketing popup every time we enter asking us to join all their mailing lists. Should ask once and be done, but nope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter